Wrestlers who could do with a face/heel turn?

Bobby B

Time to play the game
My list of people who could do with a face/heel turn:

Christian - he's stalling a bit right now, the Dolph fued is good, but ironically it's not helping either of them. A heel turn on Rey could lead to a great match at Summerslam.

Sheamus - ok, he doesn't need one. But I think he could play a really good face role. And he won't be short of opposition Wade Barrett and...

Triple H - The only personally who I realisitically want to be the leader of the NXT. Triple H as a heel vs Sheamus as a face at Summerslam would be quite a nice match.

John Morrison - he's a bit... bland as a face. A heel run could put him nicely into an upper mid-card spot.

CM Punk - again, like Sheamus, he plays a very good heel. But I think the WWE, with their young audience, could really do with making Punk a face. He plays it well, and the straight edge message (minus the head shave) is the perfect thing for kids to look up to.

Just my thoughts, and I'm not saying they should all happen btw, just some separate ideas. There's also Cena, which is the obvious one, but that wouldn't happen.

MVP needs a heel turn, he was so much better as a heel and I actually found him more entertaining.

John Morrison as you said is a bit bland as a face and he could use a heel turn to make him that cocky asshole that made him entertaining.

Melina when she gets back would make a great heel, I would love to see her and Natalya in some kind of feud.

Jericho is gold on the mic as a heel or face, but I would lvoe to see him as a face again.

The only two I seem to agree with you on is Christian and John Morrison, because Morrison is a bit bland. But I don't believe Sheamus was made to be a face, he's supposed to be the evil foreigner that everyone hates and despises and is the long-time enemy of the company's American Hero (John Cena) and the two go at it numerous times. I don't think Trip should get a turn because his career's starting to wind down, and that's why he wants to go up against his buddies rather than team with them, to "pass down the torch" you could say. Christian isn't the Christian from 2003 and 2004, and a lot of people have forgotten him...let him be a Brood Brother or let him actually be Captain Charisma for once, and let him hold a strap, Vinnie Mac.

Wrestlers I think should have heel/face turns are:

MVP (Heel)- I miss the days when our old friend Montel Vontavious Porter would come out and blab on about how he's Mr. 305, the highest payed athlete not only on Smackdown but in the WWE, and all the little out-of-ring contests with Matt Hardy. I'd like to see it again.

Luke Gallows (Face)- This may be a shocker to some, but I think he should. Let him be replaced in the SES and actually let him have a gimmick for once, because I think this guy has potential to be a Kane duplicate (no pun intended) but actually be successful, and FCW has a load of wrestlers who could fit in to the SES, and they could find a few big men to be in there, heck, let Shad be in there, just TAKE GALLOWS OUT OF THE SES AND LET HIM BE SUCCESSFUL!
And finally...
Rey Mysterio (Heel)- Everyone likes a heel champion, don't they? Bring Chavo back up and let Rey start acting a little heelish and let Chavito tell him that "Uncle Eddie would want you to have more respect with that belt, Rey, you're hurting the fans who buy your merchandise and give you strength, and if you don't stop, I'm going to have to beat respect into you." Cue brawl and feud. Give Chavo some TV time, and let Rey be heel.

That's all I have.

I don't think Rey would work at all. I don't think anyone would buy into him disrespecting the legacy of Eddie.

And I thought of another turn.

Zack Ryder, the guy is getting cheers, there's really no reason to fight a face turn soon, I think he would make a good face.

Can't see Triple H turning again.

Christian doesn't necessarily need a heel turn...he just needs SOMETHING to do. Someone said let him be Captain Charisma - I could not agree more!!!

I know the E doesn't wanna do it, but a Rey heel turn would be the only reason I'd care about him again. He's been the same character for 15 freakin years.

Triple H as a heel is played out and he was hated as a heel so much that people didn't want to see him get beat, they just didn't wanna see him. He is better working both sides. Morrison needs to be a heel like HBK was as a leader of a stable and MVP needs to be a heel as well as Christian and Cena definitely needs to be a heel. The younger guys need to be faces. Miz as a face could work.

Rey Mysterio (Heel)- Everyone likes a heel champion, don't they? Bring Chavo back up and let Rey start acting a little heelish and let Chavito tell him that "Uncle Eddie would want you to have more respect with that belt, Rey, you're hurting the fans who buy your merchandise and give you strength, and if you don't stop, I'm going to have to beat respect into you." Cue brawl and feud. Give Chavo some TV time, and let Rey be heel.
You not only think fans will buy a double turn, but you think that a Rey Mysterio / Chavo double turn would work. That's laughable. Chavo would end up being seen as the heel, especially saying things like "I'll beat respect into you!" Faces don't need to beat respect into anyone.

Surprised no one has said Cena, but that would be as dumb as a Rey turn. (edit, spoke too soon:rolleyes:)

MVP to heel has been discussed to death. Morrison has been discussed to death. Both were much, much better heels.

There's a lot of people that could work to turn heel / face again, but the majority of them I do not see being turned any time soon, or see any reason to turn them face or heel.

A guy like Chris Jericho can work great in both ways, but he has been putting on some of his greatest work since his heel turn in 2008, no need to end it now, while Chris could certainly go places in terms of being a face right now, there's just no need for it, RAW has a fair balance of heels and faces right now in the main event scene? why mess with that?

Rey Mysterio shouldn't be turned heel, just as well as the whole fact that he's one of the bigger draws and gets a lot of love especially from the children, he's somewhat the Smackdown solution to RAW's John Cena.

And now that I'm on it, just to get a head of the many posts that will most likely start screaming "JOHN CENA TURN HIM HEEL OH GOD TURN HIM HEEL I HATE HIM" I simply say, no.

John does not need to be turned heel, he shouldn't be turned heel, he's doing great already, just because you don't like him doesn't mean he doesn't draw as a face, the majority of the crowd loves John, or shows some other kind of respect towards him, he's one of the biggest names in the business, mostly due to the popularity of his face alignment, so he should not be turned.

The only one I could even remotely see a reason, or make sense of turning would have to be, well a tweener alignment for The Nexus, that's the only thing that could even remotely make sense, and I'm almost certain they're already tweeners due to attacking both heels and faces (hunting Sheamus at least) and apologizing / not apologizing etc.

I can't see HHH turning, but it would be a nice breath of fresh air, and he makes quite the good heel.

Rey turning heel would be awesome, he could be all like ye fans doubted me I was always the underdog but now I'm on top and everyone else is the underdog blah blah blah, just change his character into something new.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jericho face, but he's too deep into a heel to turn back IMO, people just love to hate him.

As for some people saying CM Punk.. just, no. He is doing damn to good a job to drop that and be the boring face he used to be.

Finally, Chavo. He deserves a run with SOME title, and a GOOD run with it. The fact that Rey got the Push over Chavo because of Eddie[R.I.P] sickened me. Let Chavo do SOMETHING for one last good run with the WWE.

MVP definitely. He has played his reformed face role and they didnt do much with it. As a cocky heel going on about money/his wages he is probably more effective.

Chavo face - as a heel he has become a joke. He could be a well respected good technical wrestler face.

John Morrison - he comes across as pretty arrogant and he has that kind of 80s Rick Rude vibe to me. Makes him a natural heel.

Jericho - i think at this moment he has done all he can as a heel aside from a feud with Orton i think. There are now new dynamics for him to work with as a face with Nexus, Sheamus, Miz and McIntyre needing to be elevated too with that 1 top line feud that makes them.

In my opinion John Morrison needs to make a heel turn. His face character really is bland and personally I love his heel character. MVP also needs a heel turn, his is great on the mic and as a heel he looks great. I would be intrigued by a Sheamus face turn but I don't think he should be turned, he is a great heel. Also, Chris Jericho should NOT be turned face, he is doing really great in his current heel role and he will eventually be pushed back into the main event.

I disagree with every one of OP's choices. CM Punk will be a face again one day, but not today. His SES program is money.

Jericho is also money as a heel. I hated him as a face. If you want to turn him back into a face, you might as well call him Y2J again....the worst idea imaginable.

MVP doesn't need a heel or a face turn, he just needs to leave. One of the most overrated wrestlers in any organization.

MVP - he should be the leader of an African heel stable, much like Ron Simmons and the Nation of Domination. throw in Shad as the muscle of the group, which also gives him something meaningful to do. throw in a returning Shelton Benjamin and give him a story to excel at. he's got all the ring skills in the world and MVP could be his mouthpiece, so he wouldn't need the mic skills as much. then being a part of a stable and he's immediately and automatically thrown into a storyline that is going somewhere and makes sense. i'd even say put JTG in there and make him cocky. his name is supposed to stand for Just Too Good, so that can make him the arrogant heel. then maybe he and Shad can re-team to challenge for the tag titles as heels and bring some gold to the stable. that's my thoughts on MVP and this stable idea.

Morrison - this has been threaded to death, but it's still true. make him a heel again. pair him with a returning Melina and maybe even repair him with Miz. they were a great heel tag team and the three of them (Morrison, Miz and Melina) would be a good fit with the current tag teams that all seem to have a woman in the mix (Hart Dynasty with Natalya, Uso's with Tamina, etc). so lots of good mixed tag and intergender match possibilities here. plus, good cred to the tag and women's divisions and it gives Morrison a mouthpiece in Miz. Morrison is lacking in that dept on his own.

Triple H, Sheamus, Jericho, Punk and Edge all can change from heel to face or vice versa. i just don't think that any of the five would make much sense. the only way to do it would be to pull a double turn, like have Triple H go heel and Sheamus face and then that adds a new dimension to their feud. or same with Jericho and Edge. last time, Jericho was heel and Edge face. so make Edge the heel and Jericho the face and reignite that feud. it is possible. just not productive. so let them continue what they're doing until there's a reason to turn them.

Kane and Khali and Henry. Big Show is great as a face. he makes me laugh. but the other big guys should go heel. i like Kane as a face too, but he's a good heel so i'm a coin toss on this one. but let him go heel and have a monster push for one last title shot. Khali is not a believable face. and with the total lack of mic skills, it just makes him a natural fit as a heel, kinda like Andre the Giant with Bobby Heenan or Giant Gonzalez with Harvey Wippleman, etc. get a heel manager to do your speaking and then just dominate people. be a monster giant. Henry is a fine face. just doesn't do much except job to the main event guys. make him a heel and put him in the stable with MVP. he could be the muscle so that Shad can reform Cryme Tyme.

Christian should be a face for his first world title win. turn him heel after that maybe.

the Chavo / Rey idea of a double turn is unique. not sure that it'd work, but it did for Stone Cold and Bret Hart and i never would have called that either. stranger things have happened.

besides those, i'd say Regal. and Finley. let these two amazing vets form a team. they're technically sound, good on the mic, good brawlers and both pretty hardcore and likely to cheat to win. give these two a face turn and one last dance with glory.

First off let me say that the people who think Rey Mysterio would make a half credible heel are wrong, thats just plain silly. Same with John Cena, why the hell would they turn that guy when they are making millions of dollars off of him as a face? Anyway....

MVP While he doesn't play a bad face, he plays quite a good cocky heel, he seems to be going nowhere as well so I feel MVP could benefit quite a bit from a heel turn.

Triple H Now that Shawn is gone, I think a return to the old Triple H is in order, the sledge hammer wielding, head cracking, King Of Kings needs to return, I've missed him.

Goldust Now, Goldust isn't a guy that I see winning any sort of title anytime soon, but he plays a very good heel, and he could do well in helping elevate mid card faces to the next level.

And while I like what he has going for him now, I never thought they should have turned Edge heel, he had all the momentum in the world, and they blew it. He should have been the one with the title at Wrestlemania and he should be the #1face on Smackdown!

Mark Henry I really don't think anyone cares about Mark Henry anymore, but unless they are relegating him to comedy status (which would be fine with me) then they should turn him heel, his face charecter is cheesy, and he is a much better heel. Like Goldust, he could help younger talent get over, as beating "The Worlds Strongest Man" will definitley make you look good.

RAW-

Gail Kim- stale as a face, gets no cheers, was a good heel in TNA

Triple H- I would like to see him heel, but dont think he will be anytime soon

Zack Ryder- he gets cheered and ppl like him.......he wont win the US title anytime soon with Miz in the title scene....Dibiase is also ahead of him.......he should turn face and then he might get a chance

Evan Bourne- a heel turn would get him over insanely.......Jericho could take him under his wing and make him interesting

John Morrison- desparately needs it or he will never reach his full potential

SD-

Christian- he needs to be the Instant Classic that is capable of becoming a world champ in WWE just like he did in TNA

Chris Masters- does nothing for me as a face.....competent worker, needs his old music back and he would def be an IC title contender

MVP- same as Christian.....he doesnt work as a face plain and simple....we need Mr. Half Man Half Amazing.......because he used to be BETTER THAN YOU

I'd totally buy the Rey Mysterio heel turn. Its a believable one. Hes the underrated underdog. He could play the whole card about the WWE Universe not believing in him and that they expect him to drop the belt any day now. He could say that the kids that love him don't even believe in him as champ. He has the old Bret Hart embrace the kids thing. If Bret could be a believable heel, Rey certainly could. He could talk about WWE not liking the little guys and the big guys are overrated and he proves that by being champion. Theres so much he could work with as a heel. Imagine Rey screaming in the face of the kids that want to embrace him forehead to forehead. he could get some legitimate heel heat by being a bully like that. It won't happen though unfortunately but its a very believable heel turn.

Rey Mysterio as a heel would be incredibly entertaining but I just don't think they will ever do it. He's always been a face, as far as I'm aware. One of the few who has never made a heel turn. Unless he was at some point back in the day in Mexico, but I haven't heard of it. Cena would be nice too, which they also will probably never do again, but slightly more likely than Mysterio, since he started out as a heel.

idk, to me any wrestler is more interesting as a heel so i would be happy no matter who turned.

but for who it would help to turn the most i would say evan bourne, because his face character is already stale as all hell to me.
i wouldn't turn the miz good, hes too great as a heel, same thing with cm punk. y2j can do either one because he is equally entertaining either way.

for another heel turn that i think would help, i would pick the great khali, his joke face character doesn't cut it and he has the size to dominate folks.

Christian isn't the Christian from 2003 and 2004, and a lot of people have forgotten him...let him be a Brood Brother or let him actually be Captain Charisma for once, and let him hold a strap, Vinnie Mac.

Agree Christian is one of my favorite guys on the roster, its a damn shame how they are using him right now

Luke Gallows (Face)

You must be the only person I know who gives a shit about Luke Gallows]

And finally...

Rey Mysterio (Heel)

A heel Rey could be cool. They would have to pair him with somebody big though. Prolly isn't gonna happen because he is one of the most popular guys with the PG kiddies, along with John "i am gonna save the world" Cena.

RAW:

Triple H: Okay , so we all know he is so much better heel .

John Morrison: Is it just me ? Or is this guy really stale and boring to watch as a face ? I think he is dating Melina , maybe when she returns , they can be together on TV too and make them heel , like Edge and Lita .

Sheamus: *JUST AN EXPIREMENT .

Smackdown:

Christian: It would be easier to push him if he made a suprise heel turn . He needs it to get the world title , and seriously , this guy needs a push .

CM Punk: I like the idea of the SEC , but what if they got Luke Gallows and Serena to turn on him ? That would be good . (I think they should continue the stable a little longer though.)

*AS FOR MR.ANGEL'S IDEA ABOUT EDGE: I totally agree with you . Only one thing , Edge is better heel and his face run from when he returned was a little stale . . . :S

I'm going to go with the least obvious and irrelivant person, but Hornswaggle should go heel. Yes Hornswaggle. He could be turned into a "mastermind" heel manager. Give him a stable of wrestlers. Maybe Vladamir Kozlov or Mark Henry as a bodyguard. Drop the name and lerechaun outfit obiously. Put him in a suit and tie. Have him shouting instructions from the outside. I think it could work.

To me, the main guy that is seriously in need of a change is Christian.

For me, he has done very little as a face and has seemingly faded into the background on Smackdown. I watch Smackdown from time to time and although I care about Christian, I am not too fussed about watching his matches. To me, he is stuck in a rut and the correct way of addressing this is to either give him a new and improved gimmick or just turn him heel.

I would hate to see Christian as a heel because he does well as a face and is completely underrated. He gets good pops and although e is not the best in the ring, he definitely has enough talent to get over. However, he has really become stale right now and whilst he should be competing for the World Heavyweight Championship, he is stuck between the main event scene and the mid-card without anything of substance to do. In my mind, I would assume that Christian has all of the capabilities to get over as a heel. He is good on the mic and given the right angle, he could definitely make it count.

The worst that could happen is that no one cares about his plight as a heel and even then, he hasn't lost anything because no one really cares right now either.

John Cena: The face of WWE doesn't necessarily have to be...well...a face. I know, people have been calling for it and shooting it down for years. There are plenty of reasons for keeping him face or turning him heel, but I think the time is now if they're going to do. And if people think he won't get over as a heel, or the WWE wouldn't dare turning him... Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, the list goes on and on. These are people who have been the face of their promotion, excelled as a face, and shocked the hell out of the world by going heel. The most obvious examples are Steve Austin and the Rock, who still managed to draw huge crowds and positive fan responses as a heel. If WWE wants to continue going down the "shock and awe" route with their programming, why not do the one thing nobody believes is possible? His character could definitely use it too...

Triple H: Hunter the Heel hasn't been seen in quite awhile, and it's a shame. He's one of the better bad guys in the business, and with so much face power in the WWE today, I hope they return him with a heel push. I would even go so far as to hope he is the leader of the NEXUS group, or the new GM.

Chavo Guerrero: This is it for the Mexican Warrior. He's at that level now that is below jobber, and close to "who is he again?" The only reason he hasn't gone the way of the Funaki is his last name, and his aunt's job on Smackdown! He's an extremely talented superstar, who has never quite been used effectively since the days of the Cruiserweight title. Vickie Guerrero draws more heat than John Cena in an ECW arena, so why not use it? Have Vickie start pulling some massive heat with Dolph Ziggler, and than have Chavo start complaining that he's not being used lately. And have Vickie not care at all. Then have Chavo interfere in one of Dolph's matches, maybe costing him the IC title. When Vickie freaks out, have him do the unthinkable and Frog Splash her to hell! At least as the face who attacked Vickie he'll get some sort of fan response, and maybe a decent push.

The Hart Dynasty: This is a one time, conditional approach to getting the H.D. some legitimate heat. If Bret Hart is able to return to the WWE after this whole issue with...whatever is over, have the H.D. be the ones to take him out. Have them lose the tag titles, and then get beat a few weeks in a row and have them get obviously upset over what's going on. Have the group start to unravel from within, teasing a split, and then have Bret return to tell them to keep it together. Remember them that they are Harts, and they need to get back on track, and do something big. So then at a PPV have Bret accompany them to a tag team title match, have them win the match and the belts, and then have them destroy their uncle Bret. The crowd won't believe it, they'll get boo'd out of the building, and then the next week they can say they took their uncle's advice and did something big. They ended the 2nd coming of Bret Hart.

Kofi Kingston: The guy is gold, and he needs a heel push. Give him an ego problem that developed from all the success he's been having. Have him start believing he's the best in the world, and then have him completely snap and take out somebody like Matt Hardy. I would love to see a Kingston/Hardy title feud, and Hardy has already tried to be a heel against his brother, and I don't want to see it again. And it's young enough in Kofi's career, that they can bring him back around as a face if it doesn't work out, or later on in the future.

I think the one guy that needs it is MVP, this guy was the heel of Smackdown even though he was a mid carder..he was very hated..although he is entertaining as a face, he is more funny as a heel!!

I would think HHH needs to be a heel one last time, he is a very good heel and he has showed it many times now...whats stopping him from being a heel now..I think I know the answer, he will still get cheered as a heel...

I Think it would be very interesting to see Cena Finally have a heel turn, he has been super mega baby face for so long I think it would be a nice chance of pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back