Wrestling Mount Rushmore

LoudClearVoice

Mid-Card Championship Winner
If you could make a "Wrestling Mount Rushmore" which 4 (or 5) people would you put on it?

It can be anyone associated with pro wrestling, any generation, any company, federation, alliance, etc.

Mine would be(all WWE):

Hulk Hogan, Rick Flair, Vince McMahon, Stone Cold

For those of you that don't know what Mt. Rushmore is, it's a U.S. National Park/Memorial that has the heads of U.S. Presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln carved into it.

An odd but interesting question you bring up here... and I'll bite!

I'm going to restrict it to wrestlers, simply because I think that's more fun.

George Washington: Hulk Hogan, the father of the modern era of wrestling.

Thomas Jefferson: Ric Flair- Unfortunately I have no witty way of comparing Flair and TJ, but Flair belongs on here because he perfected the role of the heel in addition to winning 16 world titles and being one of the most legendary performers of all time.

Teddy Roosevelt: Stone Cold- TR was the most bad ass president, why not put the most bad ass wrestler in his place? Stone Cold perfected the anti-hero, was wildly fun to watch, and is quite possibly the biggest name in the history of wrestling, aside from maybe the Hulkster.

Abe Lincoln: The Rock- Excuse me for the weak analogy (and bringing up long suppressed thoughts), but Lincoln won the American Civil War, and The Rock won the Civil War of the Invasion. That's not why Rock belongs on Mount Rushmore, though. Rocky bridged the gap between WWE and mainstream entertainment better than any wrestler had ever done before, and possibly ever will. His involvement in movies helps people realize the type of talent that WWE produces, and it will continue to as long as he acts.

There were other guys I thought about putting up there: Bruno Sammartino, Andre the Giant, Sting... but these are the 4 I thought were most deserving.

A very good but strange idea you have come up with here. I am going to go with Wrestlers and bookers

George Washington = Vince McMahon the man that brought wrestling onto national tele-vision and the person that made wrestling into what it is today a bit like George Washington with the U.S

Thomas Jefferson = Hulk Hogan career has been a bit like Thomas Jeffeson's for example Thomas Jefferson was the third presidential off the U.S where as Hulk Hogan was the second big face off wrestling. Thomas Jeffeson is one off the most influential founding fathers and Hulk Hogan is the most influential wrestlers.

Teddy Roosevelt = Stone cold for the simple fact that Teddy Roosevelt gave off a cowboy imagine in his presentational and Stone cold Steve Austin gave off a cowboy like attuide in the ring and on the mic.

Abraham Lincoln = Rock for the fact that Abraham Lincoln won the civil war and if anyone can remember that the Rock won the civil war for the allaine for when WWE was against the joined forces off WCW and ECW.

An excellent idea for a thread, however it has been done a number of times already.

Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart.

Hulk Hogan because of his longevity in the business and the fact that he's the biggest name in the history of professional wrestling.

SCSA because he's probably second only to Hogan in terms of overall popularity.

Shawn Michaels for being one of the best in the business, and for having a career defined by longevity and loyalty.

Bret Hart for being the best there is, the best there was, and the best that ever will be.

As the originator OF the Mt. Rushmore of Wrestling thread (and the subsequent ones in Music and Sports), I stand by what I recall to be my original choices. Maybe I've changed, who knows.

Vince McMahon Jr. You have to specify. The current Vinnie Mac turned the business into a multi-national empire with PPV. He's the first visage that gets carved.

Hulk Hogan. The original larger than live mainstream superstar. Ushed the PPV / Wrestlemania era in with endless charisma and mainstream appeal. He then broke the barrier for pro wrestlers to get into Hollywood.

Gorgeous George. Probably the original 'character' wrestler. At least the biggest. George's antics inspired so many amazing heels it's a crime he doesn't roll off the tip of the tounge.

Lou Thesz. The greatest cacth-style pro wrestler, maybe ever. Hackenschmidt notwithstanding, Thesz is the greatest champion of the integrity of the business we've ever had. You never beat Thesz unless he wanted you to beat him, because he was so good and he could make that call.

Honorable mention: Verne Gagne, George Hackenschmidt, Buddy Rodgers, Vince McMahon Sr., Bill Watts, Andre the Giant, Ric Flair.

Vince McMahon — Essentially solely responsible for the globally televised program we know as pro-wrestling today.

Eric Bischoff — The man who almost put McMahon (Jr.) out of business.

Hulk Hogan — Single largest drawing wrestler in history. He's in there by default.

Ric Flair — I'm sorry, how many titles has he held, exactly? A million? Two million? This man is pro wrestling. Second only to Hogan he is the single most recognizable icon of the glory days.

Vince McMahon Jr: With out a doubt, the man that revolutionised the business introducing concept like PPV's. In short without Vince there is no wrestling business today, and if there is then it sure as hell aint as prominent as it currently is.

Hulk Hogan He is the biggest draw in wrestling history period, without him the WWF would have never become popular and it is possible without him the WWF/E wouldn't still exist today.

Stone Cold: The second biggest draw ever in wrestling, without him there is no WWE period. If he doesn't come along and become amazingly popular then WCW wins the war and it would be the number one promotion in wrestling today.

Ric Flair: This one was a bit of a toss up but I went with Flair in the end, the man has held 16 world titles and has done so much for the business it isn't even funny.

Honorable mentions to Eric Bischoff and The Rock.

I'm going to keep it all wrestlers:

Hulk Hogan: the man that put more asses in seats than any other wrestler.

Ric Flair: 16 time World Champion and the dirtiest player in the game.

Andre the Giant: Recognized around the world as the big man of wrestling.

Terry Funk: The originator of hardcore wrestling.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Great Thread. My picks are as follows...

Ric Flair - Greatest Entertainer in wrestling history.
Hulk Hogan - Most recognisable wrestler of all time.
Shawn Michaels - Best in ring preformer of all time.
Stone Cold - Most Badass wrestler of all time, and arguably most popular.

An odd but interesting question you bring up here... and I'll bite!

I'm going to restrict it to wrestlers, simply because I think that's more fun.

George Washington: Hulk Hogan, the father of the modern era of wrestling.

Thomas Jefferson: Ric Flair- Unfortunately I have no witty way of comparing Flair and TJ, but Flair belongs on here because he perfected the role of the heel in addition to winning 16 world titles and being one of the most legendary performers of all time.

Teddy Roosevelt: Stone Cold- TR was the most bad ass president, why not put the most bad ass wrestler in his place? Stone Cold perfected the anti-hero, was wildly fun to watch, and is quite possibly the biggest name in the history of wrestling, aside from maybe the Hulkster.

Abe Lincoln: The Rock- Excuse me for the weak analogy (and bringing up long suppressed thoughts), but Lincoln won the American Civil War, and The Rock won the Civil War of the Invasion. That's not why Rock belongs on Mount Rushmore, though. Rocky bridged the gap between WWE and mainstream entertainment better than any wrestler had ever done before, and possibly ever will. His involvement in movies helps people realize the type of talent that WWE produces, and it will continue to as long as he acts.

I have to go with JGlass14 100%.

Hulk Hogan – The Icon of WWF. (Tied of # 4 of all time on my personal list)

Ric Flair – The Icon of WCW (Tied of # 4 of all time on my personal list)

Stone Cold Steve Austin – The Icon of Raw (Tied of # 2 of all time on my personal list)

The Rock – The Icon of Smackdown (Tied of # 2 of all time on my personal list)

The reason why I wouldn’t put Vince McMahon on the same level as these 4 is quite simple. In my mind (using an X-Men reference), if the Four I listed are my Dream Team version of “the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse”, then Vince McMahon IS “Apocalypse” himself. If these Four men’s heads are going to be put on the Wrestling Mount Rushmore, then Vince McMahon rightfully deserves a full body statue and seat much like Abraham Lincoln’s Memorial.

Honorable mentions go to Kurt Angle (# 3 of all time on my personal list) and Chris Jericho (# 1 of all time on my personal list). The reason why I wouldn’t put these two on a mountain top is probably because no one else would agree with me.

This is a good thread idea, and I'm here to ruin it by suggesting a 'rejects' Mt Rushmore possible.

Mick Foley Can't deny he's a legend, he almost single handedly made it cool to love hardcore wrestling.
Ultimate Warrior The John Cena of the late 80's. Was always liked, but not loved because of Hogan
HHH Carried the WWE on his back after Rock/Austin until Cena/Orton. Yet this never gets the credit it deserves.
Paul Heyman His little company of misfits forced TWO BILLION DOLLAR companies to change. The greatest mind in the history of pro wrestling. Shame he never thought to hire an accountant lol

Hogan, Vince and Flair just for reasons mentioned previously. My final one is different however..........

John Cena He is the most popular/hated wrestler of today. I personally am not a big fan but he does deserve his mug on the mountain.

1. Lou Thesz - Started his career at 16 yrs old, Longest career world title holder by days 3,749 and wrestle his last match in 1990 at the age of 74.
2. Gorgeous George- 1st flamboyant wrestling character in history
3. Bobo Brazil- The Jackie Robinson of wrestling
4. Hulk Hogan- He made wrestling what it is today.
5. Mil Mascara- Maybe the most famous mask wrestler of all time (1965-1994 full-time)and also had a great movie career ( 1966-2010)and yes he did both at the same time. He has wrestle in wwf, wcw,wwc,all japan,nwa and wwa in mexico. But you already Know that. Yes he is also Alberto Del Rios Uncle. So why he ain't in the wwe HOF hmm makes you wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back