WWE Calgary, Round 2: Match 1: #1 Bret Hart vs. #32 Haku

Bret Hart vs. Haku

• Hitman

• Meng

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place int he WWE Region, under basic WWE Rules, from Calgary, Al.

#1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart
bret_hart.jpg

vs.

#32. Haku/Meng
haku.jpg

I believe these two met before as they were both midcarders around the same time. Hart won then and he'll win now. Haku was fun to watch but he's clumsy. Hart would avoid the death grip and either roll him up or get him in the Sharpshooter. Another shit kicking for Bret, but it leads to another win.

Haku was a beast, and deserves to be in this match up, but I can't see how he'd beat Bret Hart. The Tongan death grip is too simplistic a move for Bret Hart to be sucked into, and apart from that all Haku has in his arsenal is a power advantage. I think he'd dish out a bit of a bruising to Hart, but ultimately it would be a hard fought victory for Bret, sending him into the third round.

Haku under any name loses here. If Bret can get Yokozuna in something that resembles a Sharpshooter, he has to be able to excellently execute one here.

He's going to go far, and Hennan's henchman won't slow him down here.

Hart wins. He's the smart wrestler who can out think nearly every opponent he gets into the ring with. Haku is known for simply being a one track minded tough guy, but his lack of smarts will get him lured into the sharpshooter. Bret Hart advances, about a 10 minute match that ends on the sharpshooter.

Another squash in the tourny. Hart is way to smart for Haku. No argument is needed for Hart to win here. He beats em with the Sharpshooter.

As much as I would like to see Hart knocked out of the tourny early, cause the guy just flat out annoys the hell out of me, and I feel he is insanely overrated, I just can't imagine someone like Haku beating him this early on, Hart advances

Yeah, the Hitman will take this, though I do think Haku will make him do a little work for it. Haku'll hit a few pretty good shots, nothing Hart can't handle, but he'll rattle his teeth a bit. Overall, however, Hart will probably take this in a max of 10 minutes at the very most, though probably closer to 5 in actuallity.

I didn't vote for him against Abyss, but that doesn't mean that I don't think highly of Haku. Dude was definitely a fantastic wrestler, and this is a match I would've loved to have seen back in the day. Bret would've made Haku look like gold I'm sure (like Sting did when Haku was in WCW as Meng) and the match very well could've ended up being a classic. But at the end of the day, Bret escapes with the victory, by either Sharpshooter or a creative roll up out of nowhere.

This is one of those tournament matches that just don't bode well for the Hitman.

I'm not about to say Haku is going to beat Bret Hart. Surprisingly, these two have never met on a match on television, unless you count tag team matches. The Hart Foundation usually got the upper hand, and this will be no different. What I will argue is that Bret can't afford to see many more of these big heavyweights like Haku much longer in this tournament. For some reason, they always mange to give him extreme difficulty. Yokozuna. Bam Bam Bigelow. Vader. Diesel. All of these men are opponents that Bret has mightily struggled with. Thankfully, this bracket bodes extremely well for Bret, and barring an upset, he shouldn't find himself fighting too many big men until the later rounds.

Hart in an old school match of "heel pounds at the face all match, and the face finds a completely unnoticed way to beat the hell".

Bret Hart will win this match but not without Haku beating his ass for a good portion of the match. Haku will hit a few power moves that won't throw him off his game but will hurt him quite a bit. Bret will probably win this with either a rollup or a Sharpshooter after this match goes on for about 10-15 minutes

As much as I want to put the monster Haku/Meng over in this match, Bret Hart made a career out of beating monsters that he never should have been able to take down. Bret Hart...barely.

Bret will win but not in a squash Haku can handle his own I see this a a 15 minute match ending with Bret locking in the Sharpshooter and Haku tapping out.

Bret Hart doesn't sweat big men. Haku is a powerhouse and if he catches Bret with a stiff kick to the head, he probably kills him. But Hart's too smart for that and slaps the Sharpshooter for the easy win in Calgary.

Hart wins here with a sharpshooter. I dont really see why Haku/ Meng would pose a threat, Hart has beaten much better and would win here.

Haku will give Bret a bruising, but that won't be enough to stop Hart. Haku will make a mistake and Hart will take control, lock in the Sharpshooter and head into round tres.

This match has typical Bret Hart match written all over it. He's in the ring, and gets pummelled by the bigger, stronger heel, when magically Hart begins to single out a lower limb, and eventually plays possum to the over confident monster, and eventually likes the Sharpshooter on for a victory. It's very forumlaic, adn it's very Bret Hart.

Hmmm...

There seems to be a consensus that Hart dominates this match. I agree that Hart wins this match...he's too smart in the ring and too sound technically to let the big guy get him in an inescapable position...but not without a big fight from "Meng." Meng was booked as being a freaking MONSTER when I first started watching back in 98. I remember watching Saturday Night, and Meng had some dude in the Tongan Death Grip...and I about pooed in my pants because it was so terrifying.

Hart would find a way to overcome, but he'd be leaving with some brown in his drawers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back