WWE Capitol Punishment: Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi US Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrownstone

Fucking Hostile
20110606_cp_kofi_dolph.jpg

Reigniting his storied SmackDown rivalry with United States Champion Kofi Kingston, an even more determined Dolph Zigglerchallenges The Dreadlocked Dynamo for his title at Capitol Punishment in an environment befitting the star-spangled prize: Washington, D.C.

Colliding on several occasions for the Intercontinental Championship in 2010, Kingston and Ziggler were reunited on Raw in the 2011 WWE Draft. After toppling The Celtic Warrior Sheamus in a brutal Tables Match at Extreme Rules to win his second U.S. Championship, Kingston’s return to the red brand was a triumphant one – but Ziggler has never been the congratulatory type.

Flanked by his “business associate” Vickie Guerrero, the arrogant young competitor studied Kingston’s matches for several weeks, all the while knowing that a decisive victory over the high-flying Superstar would put him in contention for the U.S. Title. Ziggler’s scouting ultimately paid off, and defeating Kingston fair and square put the freshly blond ring warrior first in line for a U.S. Championship opportunity.

Will Kingston drop the “boom” on his nemesis in Washington, D.C.? Or will Ziggler and Vickie paint the town red, white and blue in celebration? To find out, tune in to Capitol Punishment, June 19, only on pay-per-view.

To be honest I am not really looking forward to this, sure the match itself will probably be good as it always seems to be between these two but seriously who cares anymore? These two fought what felt like 1000's of times last year on SD, I have absolutely no interest in seeing them fight once again so soon after. It just seems as though WWE has nothing better to do with them so they just stick them together again and go "eh, that'll do".

I think Ziggler will probably win this, Kofi is going nowhere anytime soon he has been floating around aimlessly in mid card hell for the better part of a year and a half with no real direction. At least there seem to be some long term plans for a Ziggler push so I think he will be given the US title as something to do in the meantime.

Thoughts on this match?

Ziggler around the 10 minute mark.Most likely after dodging a Trouble in Paradise followed by a Zig Zag.

Should be a nice decent match but its been done to death.Should be end of the feud here.Ziggler will do great with this US title run hopefully.It should elevate him to the Upper Midcard.Wouldnt mind a Ziggler/Rey or Ziggler/Morrison feud afterwards.

Ziggler to win us title then win Money in the bank. Ziggler can hold on to the title for a 5 months have feuds with

Rey Mysterio
John Morrison
Evan Bourne

then move on to the mainevent.

I am not only not looking forward to the match, but to the potential follow-up. When Ziggler wins, who is he going to feud with?

Kofi Kingston?
John Morrison?
Rey Mysterio?

All those feuds have been done to death. Ziggler needs to be in the main event wrestling John Cena for the WWE Championship.

Ziggler is more than likely going to win this match. Like usual, Kofi won a title and then is completely irrelevant with the title. I'm not sure if Ziggler is going to be much better with the title. This guy lost all of his momentum from his major Smackdown push with Vicki, it kind of makes you wonder if he'll be in the main event picture if he couldn't make that far with his Smackdown push.

I doubt they would make Ziggler feud with Rey because he's considered a main-eventer not midcarder. I think a Bourne vs Ziggler feud would be good, there aren't a whole lot of midcarders who are currently relevant on RAW plus Morrison is still out for injury.

I am not only not looking forward to the match, but to the potential follow-up. When Ziggler wins, who is he going to feud with?

Kofi Kingston?
John Morrison?
Rey Mysterio?

All those feuds have been done to death. Ziggler needs to be in the main event wrestling John Cena for the WWE Championship.

Alex Riley
Evan Bourne
Santino Marella
Vladimir Kozlov...

All four the aforementioned are really talented and can be big wins for Dolph Ziggler. And besides, I'd rather them continue the Dolph and Kingston matches because they work.

With that said, I don't for see Ziggler winning the title here. If anything, I say this will be a quick blow over match for Ziggler to hold off in before he goes and wins the MITB, if Truth doesn't win it.

Should be a decent match, I'm expecting Ziggler to win the U.S Championship. This was an easy option in terms of who to shove in front of Kingston last minute, they've had a good feud on Smackdown not too long ago and the matches weren't too bad.

Should be a decent match, I'm expecting Ziggler to win the U.S Championship. This was an easy option in terms of who to shove in front of Kingston last minute, they've had a good feud on Smackdown not too long ago and the matches weren't too bad.

This match should be fun. Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler usually put on a hell of a match with each other and this might be the same. I’m a bit disappointed if Dolph doesn’t walk away the Champion here. Kofi has never (not once) done anything remotely productive when holding on to a secondary championship like the Intercontinental or United States titles. Let Dolph have a chance to shine a bit. Give him a good four or five month title reign. This match will be nothing different from the numerous times we have seen these two lock up, but the match should be a good watch nonetheless.

Hamler's Prediction - Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler's tenure on Raw hasn't been memorable so far. His huge push cooled off a while ago, and I really think he needs a momentum boost, so I'm picking him to win this match. Kofi should be fine, because he always manages to bounce back, and he is very consistent, when it comes to delivering solid/good matches. Dolph should hold on to the belt for a good amount of time, because I think he needs the spotlight more.

Oh wahey, Doplh Ziggler against Kofi Kingston for a mid card title?!?! Ya dont fuckin say!!! Well at least they are trying new things.

Doesnt really matter who wins, both guys are perpetually in this position....This match is proof of it, its nearly the exact same scenario and match as this exact same time last year.

Should be pretty good, they work well together. Wont make a damn bit of difference.

most definitly Dolph on this one he has it ,and because of Orton, Kofi does not this win for dolph will lead into a feud with A-Rye for the U.S. title

I for the first time in my life, don't want to see Ziggler.
After Sunday, I just hope that WWE doesn't make Ziggler vs Kofi for at least 10 years.
They fought more than 20 times in one year, so yes I'm tired and a regular watcher like my little brother is already tired too.

I hope they stick the title on Kofi Kingston, just because being champion is the only thing that can make him relevant, and Dolph doesn't need that, he could very well turn on Vickie after that, and instantly turn face and have a feud against her (and her new wrestler [Zack Ryder??]).

If Kofi wins he can push guys like Swagger, McIntyre, Alberto Del Rio, Mason Ryan, etc...

Future Prediction: Kofi Kingston

Yeah, I see Ziggler taking the win here. Now, just over a week ago, we saw him accompany Ryder to the Ring, so I see Ryder helping Ziggler win here. Does anyone else? It might just be a really random idea, but yeah, that's me.

But I say Ziggler takes it and holds the US Title for a good few months, possibly losing it to Alberto Del Rio somewhere down the line.

This will probably open the show. Given the fact that they are in the capitol and the show's theme of "Capitol Punishment" it makes sense to throw together a US title match. Kofi has done nothing with the belt after bringing it to Raw, and Ziggler needs something to do, so why not have a match? I think it will be a great potential opener due to the opening matches both guys have provided us before. They are good at getting the crowd excited. Ziggler will probably win to continue his push on Raw and Kofi goes back to random filler feuds.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Dolph Ziggler will win the United States Championship

It doesn't really matter who wins.
If the quality of this match is no much better than the rest between them, mid card is screwed. These are possibly the best two in the mid card. So if it's not better, then WWE has lost it.

For the hell of it, the winner is Dolph Ziggler.

Another pair of guys that have wrestled a hundred times, but I really enjoyed their last encounter on RAW so I see this as another potentially good little match. I had nearly forgotten that Kingston was the US champ, and they seem to be trying to give Ziggler some more TV time (no complaints here), so I could see Ziggles winning the belt here.

It's time to elevate Kofi Kingston. The man is extremely over with the fans, is decent on the stick, and is extremely exciting to watch in the ring. Putting the US title on him was simply a move guranteed to each brand would have one mid-card title, but Kofi has been stuck in mid-card purgatory for 2 years now. The same could be said for Ziggler, but he hasn't been exposed to the Raw audience the way Kofi has, having been on the brand before.

Anyway, this should be a fun match to watch. We've seen what can happen when these two have met on several occasions and its always been fun. Hopefully both men will be elevated by this with Ziggler winning the title and Kofi being rebuilt into a solid #2b face on Raw. I see Ziggler winning this with the story being similar to the one told during their non-title match on Raw, with Ziggler having scouted Kofi and blocking his signature moves, hitting the Zig-Zag for the win.

LSN's Prediction: Dolph Ziggler will win the US Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back