WWE Considering More Network Tournaments

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the WON, WWE is considering holding two more tournaments after the conclusion of the Global Cruiserweight Series. The first tournament they're considering is a women's tournament in which current roster talent would be mixed with non-roster talent similar to what's going on with the Cruiserweight tournament. The second tournament is the return of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic that was done last year in NXT, though the report doesn't mentioned if the format will be strictly with NXT talent or if it'll be expanded to include non-roster tag teams as well.

I'm not surprised they're reportedly considering doing more tourneys, I just figured they'd wait until the Global Cruiserweight Series was over. There's been a good deal of positive, excited buzz about the Cruiserweight tournament and, if this report is correct, maybe that's why they've decided to sort of jump the gun on this.

Both sound fun ideas, but they should really look at doing a World Series of Wrestling or World Cup type tourney - 4 Main Event WWE guys and 4 top Indy or outside names competing... of course a WWE guy wins - but it would be a step up from King Of The Ring.

You might get:-

Rollins - USA
Neville - UK
Cesaro - Switzerland
Owens - Canada
Balor - Ireland
Nakamura - Japan
Alberto Del Rio or Rey Mysterio - Mexico
Sonjay Dutt or Khali - India

The World Cup could be something they do on a tour each year - obvs there are some guys who could also be in there like Murphy representing Australia or Kofi Ghana and they could always bring in a few surprises like Alex Wright for Germany or Carlito for Puerto Rico, Gabirel or Leo Kruger for South Africa etc... but a superstar representing their country could be a neat wrinkle - call it the Davey Boy Smith or Regal Trophy for the prize. Hell at this stage, they could probably do a deal with TNA to get Galloway for one night.

The other idea is to go with a Battle Bowl style random tournament, where random teams are thrown together on the night to compete.

Yes to both. With WWE pushing their women for the first time in a long time, I would love for them to find more talent across the world, to go into the field of:

Asuka, Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Natayla, Nia Jax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back