'WWE Divisions'

Bla Bla0155

Dark Match Jobber
So with Superstars from both Raw and Smackdown free to appear on whatever show they want, I had a thought on what WWE could do to spice things up abit. I would call it something like WWE Divisions and it would mirror the format of UFC where each fighter is placed in a Division according to their weight. However the WWE version would be slightly different as each superstar would be placed into a division corresponding with how popular they are. Superstars would be (Kayfabe) able to join whatever division they wanted to with the approval of a General Manager and would compete for one title within that division. The Tag Team division however would be made up of Superstars from all divisions and teams would consist of superstars from the same division.

Here is an example:

Main Event Division (WWE Championship)

Alberto Del Rio, John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Mark Henry, The Miz, R-Truth, Christian, Big Show, Kane, Wade Barrett.

Mid-Card Division (Intercontinental Championship)

Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Ted DiBiase, Zack Ryder, John Morrison, Alex Riley, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Mason Ryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Brodus Clay, David Otunga.

Lower Card (United States Championship)

Trent Barreta, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Johnny Curtis, Tyler Reks, Santino Marella, Michael McGillicutty, JTG, Goldust, Curt Hawkins, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso.

Cruiserweight Division (Cruiserweight Championship)

Evan Bourne, Hunico, Sin Cara, Primo, Epico, Rey Mysterio, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi Tatsu, Justin Gabriel, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston.

Diva's Division (Diva's Championship)

Tamina, Beth Phoenix, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, A.J, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes, Natalya, Layla, Kaitlyn.

Tag Team Division (WWE Tag Team Championship)

Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston, Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins, Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger, The Miz & R-Truth, Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso, Hunico & Epico & Primo.

Thoughts?.....

Well I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't be interested in how this would go down and you put all the guys in the right places. I think that it's a very interesting idea and the divisions you set up are pretty good but would it ever happen and if I could decide whether it did or not, would I? Probably not, it's not that the idea doesn't intrigue me but the odds of it working well as a system and then fans enjoying it would not be worth the risk. Making a change this big to the WWE's system that is running pretty smooth right now would be a foolish risk, sure it's fun to talk about it but I would not want this to happen. There's no need to fix something that isn't broken and I think that in the end this idea would make things a big stale. It'd be cool at first but part of the fun of the WWE is the unpredictability and with that style roster everything would be pretty predictable.

i think this would be allot better than what we have now, but it could have a few issues about where legends fit in like Kevin Nash or even Triple H. Also what about a heel gm and if he didn't like a up and coming superstar how could he get up into another division if the gm didn't approve it? I think that this would be better for raw and sd because each division would have a cetan amount of time, each show goes for 1 hour and 35 minits which works out for there to be 15 minits per division, 25 minits over raw and Smackdown and if there is to much going on 1 week then you have 60 minits of wwe superstars.

im not sure i can see the point of having these divisions because its not like youre adding any other titles (other than the cruiserweight which already existed and has been scrapped) and it really doesnt make sense because then it would seem more obvious who was getting a push and who wasnt. that wouldnt make these discussions any fun at all. and it would also restrict the cruiserweights from getting anywhere. theres no point making these changes if its not actually that different from what we have now but it will be a massive upheaval, IMO.

Though this would be interesting, the novelty of this idea will soon wear off. In UFC, the match-ups are based on weight categories and hence there are the divisions. However, as we have all seen in the WWE, weight does not count for much. We have seen Mysterio win the Heavyweight championship and guys like Big Show win the US title.

Also, the problem with your divisions is that there are many guys who fit into more than one categories. Superstars like Rey or Jericho have been in the hunt for IC/Tag gold as well as main evented PPVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back