WWE Elimination Chamber: Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE.com announced today that another match has been added to the Elimination Chamber ppv event this Sunday. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston faces current WHC #1 contender Alberto Del Rio in a non-title match.

Kingston & Del Rio have had a little bit of a feud going on for the past couple of weeks on SmackDown! with Del Rio getting a win over Kingston this past Friday via submission in a match that lasted 5 minutes. This should be interesting and they'll get the time they need to pull off a great match. I'm actually hoping that Kofi Kingston comes away with a victory here. He needs it the most and has been on a little bit of a losing streak the past few weeks so with him being the IC champ, that streak needs to be broken. Del Rio has already beaten Kofi cleanly in a tv match so losing here shouldn't cause his stock to go down and it'd be a good boost for Kofi.

This gives the ppv an even 4 matches with each brand being represented by 2:

The Miz vs. Jerry The King Lawler - WWE Championship

Raw Elimination Chamber - John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. CM Punk vs. Sheamus

Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio - Grudge match

SmackDown! Elimination Chamber - Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett

Uh, kind of a pointless match. it would've been more interesting if it were Title vs Title Shot where if Del Rio wins he becomes the IC Champion and goes on to WM to face the WHC but if kofi won he retains and takes Del Rio's place at WM.

Because right now it's kind of a dull match. It will be a good match but seriously there's nothing interesting about it.

As long as Kofi is in the mood this should be a good match. I was wondering when a match would be announced for Del Rio, it would of been odd not having one at the EC when he is at Wrestlemania, and has been on both shows for a while now.

Hopefully kofi wins, he needs to start acting like an actual champion and him losing this match will hurt him more then it would hurt del rio if he was to lose.

del rio and kingtson will be good the wwe needs to push kofi again and let him have a world title run, by that i mean have him challange for the title kind of like what booker t did at wm19 but did not beat HHH. thats what they need to do with Kofi

I think this will be an all around solid match up between the two. They seem like they have some chemistry working together and could put on a good showing. I don't understand why they had the match on Smackdown though when it should have waited. Maybe it will help Kofi in the long run and give Alberto Del Rio the one last solid mid card match before reaching main event status. I think the Intercontinental championship should be on the line so it doesn't seem like a pointless match and they have a bigger reason to have a match on the card. I wish they would add the title to the match and let Del Rio win. That way his match at Wrestlemania can be for both the World Heavyweight and Intercontinental championship. I think if Del Rio could carry both titles at the same time for a month or so and then drop the Intercontinental title that it would bring the title more prestige and would make Del Rio look even better, defending both titles.

thanks for the spoiler motherfucker. but anyway obviously ADR will win since he is main eventing wm27. predictable match

This isn't a Spoiler, it's up on WWE.com.

Back to the point....

Del Rio is gonna go over, as he should. Del rio need's momentum going into Wrestlemania. In Kayfabe sense, how is anybody gonna believe he can win the World heavyweight championship when he can't even beat the Intercontinental champion?

Should be a damn good match nonetheless.

Uh, kind of a pointless match. it would've been more interesting if it were Title vs Title Shot where if Del Rio wins he becomes the IC Champion and goes on to WM to face the WHC but if kofi won he retains and takes Del Rio's place at WM.

Might as well make it a ladder match too!!! No unnecessary gimmicks and stipulations please. Why would it be for the IC title too and then have the IC champion face WHC for that title?

No it's not pointless when for the past few weeks Kofi and Del Rio have been at it, and you should have Del Rio in a match at the PPV.

Because you have the IC Champion fighting in a one on one match on pay per view in a NON title match. Pointless. Add the stipulations I spoke of and have these two go all out.

I think Kofi should go over--Yeah. Because I root for Del Rio for WHC and it's a perfect swerve after all, if he goes over Kofi, it'll just degrade Kofi further and it won't add to Del Rio's cred because he already beat Kofi. And WWE usually lets the superstar they feel will go over at Mania come in with a cold streak. Classic 'E swerve. But yeah, Kofi should get it here.

Solid solid match for this ppv, it has a very undercard feeling to me for some reason. But with Del Rio main eventing Wm it kind of spells disaster for Kofi to me. Not really disaster but another loss if you catch my drift. I see some really high spots from Kofi and then a possible win for him but Del Rio will get the eventual victory when his ring announcer gets involved and gets knocked on his ass again. Really it will kind of put Kofi over because in the fans eyes he should have won over the man who will main event WM. But that is just me talking and my idea.

:D I'm so excited!!! I'm going Sunday!!! KOFI better win. Kofi Kingston vs Del Rio (I call him Del Taco) should be a good match. What I would have liked in this feud was, Kofi bring out the crowbar & mess up one of Del Rio's cars on the 2-11-11 smackdown, & Kofi should have stolen the car, gets arrested, Teddy Long bails him out in time for the Elimination Chamber. Del Rio & Kofi have a street fight in the parking garage, it's #1 contender spot vs. IC title & the car :p Kofi wins. I wish that would happen. Anyway I hope they have a long match & Kofi wins, but I want it to be a street fight.

Two of my favorites here. Who cares if there is no stipulation? Two of my favorite workers in the ring and I expect a good match. You hate to have your IC champion lose; but Del Rio needs momentum going into Mania. Hopefully these guys put on a clinic and Kofi still looks really good in defeat.

Should be entertaining. The only real problem I have with this is didn't they have this last week on SmackDown? Why should we expect the result to be any different than it was then? Del Rio obviously goes over, giving him another win over a top babyface on SmackDown. It's a smart move and gives Alberto that edge more of credibility. I think it'll be a solid contest and hopefully helps push Del Rio that extra bit further towards the World title.

thanks for the spoiler motherfucker. but anyway obviously ADR will win since he is main eventing wm27. predictable match

It's not a spoiler, dumb shit. Spoilers include posting the outcomes of matches for television shows that haven't aired yet, the return or debut of wrestlers on programs that haven't aired various announcements that are scheduled to be aired on those programs. This match listing was posted on WWE.com first, which means that it wasn't announced during this week's SmackDown! tapings so it's free game.

WWE.com announced today that another match has been added to the Elimination Chamber ppv event this Sunday. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston faces current WHC #1 contender Alberto Del Rio in a non-title match.

Kingston & Del Rio have had a little bit of a feud going on for the past couple of weeks on SmackDown! with Del Rio getting a win over Kingston this past Friday via submission in a match that lasted 5 minutes. This should be interesting and they'll get the time they need to pull off a great match. I'm actually hoping that Kofi Kingston comes away with a victory here. He needs it the most and has been on a little bit of a losing streak the past few weeks so with him being the IC champ, that streak needs to be broken. Del Rio has already beaten Kofi cleanly in a tv match so losing here shouldn't cause his stock to go down and it'd be a good boost for Kofi.

This gives the ppv an even 4 matches with each brand being represented by 2:

The Miz vs. Jerry The King Lawler - WWE Championship

Raw Elimination Chamber - John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. CM Punk vs. Sheamus

Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio - Grudge match

SmackDown! Elimination Chamber - Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett

Uh...do you really think they're gonna make Alberto Del Rio, a fairly newcomer who's being pushed to the moon right now who's about to ME Wrestlemania, lose? I don't think there's a chance in hell that happens. Not to mention, Kofi is one of the most beatable upper mid carders around. He's over with the kids, but otherwise he's not main event material...yet. They're not gonna give him this win. The only reason this match exists is to give each of them a match at EC so they both stay relevant. That especially goes for ADR since all his promos since the RR have been the same and it's getting old.

Really looking forward to this match. A little disappointed they already had one on Smackdwon, but oh well.

I think it would be great for Kofi to get a win here, though I don't see it happening. A nicely worked contest with Kofi getting a roll up victory to piss of Del Rio heading into Mania would work just fine and Del Rio would not lose any steam. As mentioned, another loss for Kofi would mean he hasn't had a win in almost 2 months, pretty much since he won back the title. No need to make him job again, you could have him win then get jumped by ADR.

Either way it should be fun to watch. Clearly ADR needed a match for the PPV and Kofi was a good choice seeing as he's the IC champ and ADR has already had countless matches with Mysterio. These two should work very well together.

As long as we don't see Kofi tapping again, I'll be fine with this no matter how it ends.

This is only on the card to get Del Rio a match. It could be good and I expect it to open the show. It could steal the show, depending on how the two elimination chamber matches go. Kofi should be happy, he gets to be in a match rather than get knocked out by Edge who stole his spot like 2 years ago. I fully expect Del Rio to win the match because he won the Royal Rumble and needs to be pushed through the roof until Wrestlemania. This guy is the future of Smackdown, whether some people like it or not. Kofi will put up a great fight but not quite get the win.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Alberto Del Rio will defeat Kofi Kingston.

Hmmm. I have a feeling Del Rio will win, there is no point making him look weak a ppv before WM.. It's just a match and well it kinda means more to Del Rio in this case..

I think they can put on a good 15 min match, why not? We have a 2 high flyers, so why can't they put on a good match.. But Del Rio to win this one..

Is it non-title? That's what I figured but I wasn't completely sure. This will without a doubt have the potential to be the match of the night with two young up and coming talents going at it. But it's obviously just a filler so it will probably be treated as one and be absolutely boring. If WWE wanted the match to mean anything then it would be either a title match or have some type of stipulation.

My prediction would be that Alberto Del Rio would win this to add momentum to his Wrestlemania match.

kofi is terrible dont know how hes ic champ but hell never be anything more then that.

This is just a filler match to make ADR look strong before mania. Kofi is nowhere near ADRs level its just a filler match that will feature a few spotty kofi moves, and an ADR armbar victory.

Prediction: Alberto del Rio will defeat Kofi Kingston

Alberto del Rio needs this win to continue his momentum for his main event match at Wrestlemania. Sorry Kofi. Kofi could benefit from this victory, but at the present time, Alberto needs it more. If Alberto does not win the match, he won't be pinned. Rio will either lose via DQ or Countout. Something along those lines.

There is absolutely no way Kofi Kingston will win this. Alberto Del just won the biggest Royal Rumble in history he doesn't need to lose this momentum going into Wrestlemania 27. I can really see this match stealing the show. Alberto Del Rio and Kofi Kingston are both wrestlers who can make any of their oponents look good no matter who they're facing. When you put them together, you get a good ass match. I'm not understanding the point of this match other than to build Kofi Kingston for something at Wrestlemania 27. Alberto is definitely winning here and if he doesn't, I'll be severely shocked. Alberto Del Rio is winning this one.

Rumors going around that tonight they might change it to an IC title match and set up a champion vs champion match for WM27. Not a bad idea at all and will draw attention to the rumored Edge/Del Rio match. Be the first time I think since Hogan/Warrior, when the IC champ went up against a world heavyweight champion.

And will you people stop knocking Kofi. He's the most talented black wrestler in the WWE. Much better than R Truth who is the king of botching.

This was an easy prediction and I'm not surprised at all by its results because Del Rio needs all the victories he can get now that he will be main eventing Wrestlemania. I had heard the IC title was going to be up for grabs which could have been an interesting stipulation if WWE were to try to recreate the moment where Warrior as IC champ defeated Hogan as WWF champ. Del Rio as IC champ defeating Edge as World Champ could have been an interesting route, but I'm glad WWE isn't going in that direction. They should do something different for Del Rio and Edge, which I am looking forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back