WWE Elimination Chamber

colalella2891

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well it's official. WWE No Way Out is no more. The name is officially changed to WWE Elimination Chamber, which blows ass. I think all of us here already considered the elimination chamber to be ruined already, but now it's even worse. It's gonna end up just like the Hell in a Cell ppv, it'll seem like a big cage match, or just a normal match inside an elimination chamber. And most likely, there will be two in one night.... :disappointed:

Really other than the DX/Legacy hell in a cell match, the cell matches at the hell in a cell ppv were were pure shit and disaster. And since the same rules apply with the chamber as they do for hell in a cell, no blood, it will be another shit ppv. And, no smashing through the glass or anything. So, what do you all think? Is the elimination chamber ppv gonna be worse than hell in a cell? Or do you think it may actually be exciting and worth watching???

It doesn't sound good. Do we really need two cage ppvs? I don't think so. If creative was frustrates with the HIAC ppv why go through on this one? I have no expectations for this ppv. Maybe if I think it will suck it will make it watchable. Or it just still suck. Either way this should not have been done.

Ok, who is the genius that thought doing all these themed PPVS was a good idea, Its killing the matches,which kill fueds and then kill the product.
Whats next Royal rumble will be strap match palooza!!
This is sad I stared watching when there only the big 5 (king of the ring at the time) more PPVs was cool for a while but its not needed or at least brand exclusive ppvs more time for rivalies to build on each show.
Hopefully someone gets fired and things make sense again

I think it will suck shit.......other then the initial chamber, none have been memorable. No Way Out should remain and instead of having the elimination chamber they should have a Fatal Four way with the champ defending 3 of the final four from the Royal Rumble (the final 3 to be thrown over). Elimination Chamber should return to survivor series and have the winners of all Traditional survivor series match ups face the champ in the chamber.

Of course, this is just an idea, good or bad......what do u guys think?

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Hell in a cell showed us that it's just a glorified standard wrestling match. There was barely any use of the cell in both championship matches. The name is stupid as well. No Way Out was catchy and perfect but whatever. Thanks once again WWE for degrading your product.

Yeah I was about to make a thread about this, but you beat me to it. This all stems from a WWE survey/poll they did looking to see if they should change the name of No Way Out, and of course, the stupid little fans voted for this awful name in Elimination Chamber. No Way Out was a great PPV name, do we really need to take away any slightest tidbit of creativity left in the company? Seriously, why not just name Summerslam "Wrestling PPV During the Summer" or rename the Royal Rumble "30 Man Battle Royal PPV". Just stupid, and pointless.

Another stupid move by the WWE.

I just keep telling myself, It will pass... it will pass.

As time goes on, Vince seems to be falling deeper and deeper into the PG black hole, ratings are down for a reason, and I'm sure that PPV buy rates are dropping.

I cant seem to grasp how these name changes are helping anything, I feel like Vince came to my house and shit in all my old year books, spewing crap all over my memories.

If anything, the PG era has saved me some duckets on these Forty dollar PPV's every three weeks.

I think its crazy for wwe to change all the names to their ppv's. they should of kept the original names to the ppvs. all they have to do is create decent feuds,storylines, and gimmicks, and make decent matches like Dolph ziggler vs John morrison or the miz vs kofi. those are couple awesome feuds right there or put kofi vs rey another possible good one. whats the point have a match themed ppv when theres gonna be atleast 2 or 3 main event ones. The hell in a cell ppv sucked and imagine this one could be worse. I respect what wwe has done and accomplished but they need to get their heads out of their a$$e$

here's hoping that someone gets there nose broken for real... the chamber and the cell are not the same without blood. as sick as it sounds when there was blood it got interesting it was good symbolism too the wrestler can act all tired and fatigued and have it not look scripted or planned out. when blood was about it looked like they could really be slipping out of consciousness.

hopefully the guy who thought: "hey lets take the few matches we have that are credible and fuck them up with no blood, and continuous use in one 3 hour show." :banghead:

it's pathetic when they actually cant think up idea's to lead to these types of stipulations and actually just have a PPV scheduled to have those kind of matches. it just shows that the UNCREATIVE TEAM is getting lazy and desperate :disappointed:

next thing we know wrestlemania will be renamed "big ass wrestling show" wait no it will be "big butt wrestling show"....fucking PG era :disappointed:

well... I actually like the idea. I remember EVERYBODY being so hyped up that Kofi Kingston was getting a chance in the chamber. And that there's ALL these new faces thrown into the limelight blah blah blah. Seems no different here now does it?

Time will tell what actually goes down, & how many chambers there will actually be, & if glass will shatter. But it's 2 quick 2 judge right away.

This could be Morrison's moment or something. Who's 2 say??
I always enjoy the matches cuz U don't know who's gonna start the match, or who's gonna be the next entrant. Anything can happen, and I'm sure everyone will start saying how happy they are, that there's some new faces in the title picture!!

And blood is NOT needed 2 put on a great wrestling show. I don't recall too much blood, if at all, back when the Hart Foundation was around. Or Hogan vs. Warrior or Warrior vs. Macho King
you don't need blood 2 tell a great story

when HBK threw Jannetty threw the barbershop window, did anybody see blood there????

Yeah its such a terrible name, they should of kept it as No Way Out, fucking kids. The elimination isn't anything new to the chamber, they've used two for the past two years, plus their hasn't been any blood used in them since then i believe, correct me if im wrong.

I just dont like the fact that we know its coming, they are always so much better when no1 expects them and the idea is out of the blue. Plus are their 12 good wrestlers to compete in them, i dont want random people like Mike Knox in them, god i hate him and the fact he was in one. But alas i will still keep an open mind about it and hope it exceeds my expectations and makes them really good.

well... I actually like the idea. I remember EVERYBODY being so hyped up that Kofi Kingston was getting a chance in the chamber. And that there's ALL these new faces thrown into the limelight blah blah blah. Seems no different here now does it?

Time will tell what actually goes down, & how many chambers there will actually be, & if glass will shatter. But it's 2 quick 2 judge right away.

This could be Morrison's moment or something. Who's 2 say??
I always enjoy the matches cuz U don't know who's gonna start the match, or who's gonna be the next entrant. Anything can happen, and I'm sure everyone will start saying how happy they are, that there's some new faces in the title picture!!

So how do you feel about the name change??

Last two years there where two Elimination chamber matches, I can only assume that the magic number will be at least three this year.

Its the name change that it being judge, and its certainly not to soon to judge.

Extreme Rules... Hell in a Cell... TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs... now Elimination Chamber?

They're about one step away from just calling the shows "February Pay-Per-View" and "December Pay-Per-View."

i really dont understand why wwe has gone to such generic ppv names. what was wrong with calling it armagedon or no way out. i mean i guess they wanted to try the gimmick ppv but it unneccessary to chang the name. no way out was perfect form the elimination chamber match. and they have a tlc. its so stupid. it ruins the whole idea of having a special type of match.

*Facepalms*

Could the WWE be any more uncreative with these pay per view names? No Way Out was a good name for an Elimination Chamber ppv since it already implied being lock up, but in a creative way. The people who voted for this name are complete ******s and I wish I'd received that email so I could not only vote to keep No Way Out, but to also write a five paragraph essay explaining why this is such a stupid idea.

What's next? Judgment Day becomes a ppv filled with ________ on a pole matches and it's renamed "Pay Per View on a Pole"? It seems the WWE won't quit until each ppv has either a terrible name or a terrible theme; or both.

Two things have officially become jokes: the Nobel Peace Prize, and WWE PPVs. They should have kept the name "No Way Out," because it has used Elimination Chamber matches for the past two years, anyway. Elimination Chamber is a stupid title for a pay-per-view, especially the one before WrestleMania. Hopefully Vince realizes this is a mistake very quickly, and changes it back to No Way Out.

So how do you feel about the name change??

Last two years there where two Elimination chamber matches, I can only assume that the magic number will be at least three this year.

Its the name change that it being judge, and its certainly not to soon to judge.

I think the name change is dumb, but from a marketing standpoint, I can see why.

Whether it's No Way Out, Elimination Chamber, No Xscape, No Entrance Way, Elimination Dungeon, or hell Dungeons & Dragons, I don't care what the name is.

(in The Rock voice) "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SHOW'S NAME IS!!"

IF you decide 2 watch a ppv JUST 4 the sake of it's NAME... then you're stupid & need 2 jump off a cliff with no parachute. Because @ the end of the day, what's gonna make you watch a ppv? The match card, or the event's name!?

I think the name change is dumb, but from a marketing standpoint, I can see why.

Whether it's No Way Out, Elimination Chamber, No Xscape, No Entrance Way, Elimination Dungeon, or hell Dungeons & Dragons, I don't care what the name is.

(in The Rock voice) "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SHOW'S NAME IS!!"

IF you decide 2 watch a ppv JUST 4 the sake of it's NAME... then you're stupid & need 2 jump off a cliff with no parachute. Because @ the end of the day, what's gonna make you watch a ppv? The match card, or the event's name!?

I was simply asking your opinion on the name, because that's what the thread is about, and you forgot to include that in your first post.

From a marketing standpoint we will just have to see how it does this year, dumbing it down for the children may not be the best way to sell ppv's. Remember its not the children paying the forty dollars.

I choose not to spend my money on a product that is no longer aimed at me. Simple as that. I still watch raw and enjoy ecw, but why pay for a product aimed at children ten to fifteen years younger than me. The product has become boring and repetitive and that is why I don't watch ppv's, not the name.

oh nah, man, i wasn't taking any shots @ you. I was just saying in general. It goes 4 everybody. Nothing aimed @ you

2 me though, a name on a ppv doesn't mean that much 2 me, unless it's one of the big names like Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, Summerslam & Survivor Series

other than those 4, I don't care what the ppv name is. Just give me a good match card/show & i'm straight.

And I agree with you. If you feel no desire 2 purchase an event 4 certain reasons, then that's your decision. But like I said, @ the end of the day, the name is pointless.

Cuz if one of the big four ppvs blows, it'll be because of the show provided.

Extreme Rules... Hell in a Cell... TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs... now Elimination Chamber?

They're about one step away from just calling the shows "February Pay-Per-View" and "December Pay-Per-View."

And Smooth Sexual Chocolate's quote, "I choose not to spend my money on a product that is no longer aimed at me. Simple as that. I still watch raw and enjoy ecw, but why pay for a product aimed at children ten to fifteen years younger than me. The product has become boring and repetitive and that is why I don't watch ppv's, not the name."

I couldn't agree more with both of you! The last few PPV's I've bought have been tremendous disappointments. Yes, the topic is the very stupid name change (which should've never been changed to begin with); but this is a symptom of the major issue...the dumbed down PG WWE. Instead of spending all the time and money on making the product geared for kids (especially when it's the parents who have the wallets), why not make a better product. The past PPV's have a cute theme, cute name, but no substance. The matches have been seen for free on Raw and Smackdown during the prior month; so why pay $39.95 plus tax and fees on a PPV that: a. we've already seen and b. we know the outcome before it starts :wtf:. There's a reason why ratings are down and TNA is growing; it's aiming it's product to the adults who have the cash.

WWE: work on storylines, feuds, pushing younger talent, and the occasional blood. What impression are you giving the kids that a man can take 20-25 minutes of pure violence and come back like nothing happened? Then you bitch and moan that some kid somewhere tried to emulate their hero and was rushed to the hospital...you give the kids the impression that nothing will hurt them and there are no consequences for their actions. With blood, kids will realize someone can get hurt. Sorry to get off topic, but the title of the PPV changes are just stupid, as is the product now. I'm off my soapbox now!

Lilke yh i was watching some old WWE Dvd's or as it was known back then WWF, back when the invasion time was, This was WWE was really intresting, and at SS 2002 The First Elimination Chamber, Where HBK Won, and this was a epic bout, with NWO 2010, Now known as Elimination Chamber, this won't be intresting, it will not reflect back to SS 2002, No blood, nothing..

** SS = Survivor Series

WWE: work on storylines, feuds, pushing younger talent, and the occasional blood. What impression are you giving the kids that a man can take 20-25 minutes of pure violence and come back like nothing happened? Then you bitch and moan that some kid somewhere tried to emulate their hero and was rushed to the hospital...you give the kids the impression that nothing will hurt them and there are no consequences for their actions. With blood, kids will realize someone can get hurt. Sorry to get off topic, but the title of the PPV changes are just stupid, as is the product now. I'm off my soapbox now!

U can't be serious..... that's super ignorant. That's like saying that Grand Theft Auto video games & Gangsta Rap are 2 blame 4 homicide cases etc. etc. etc. when you got movies like Scarface etc. etc. out there.
If some kid decides 2 do a Swanton Bomb and dies, somebody tell me where the parents are.
It's the PARENT'S responsibility 2 educate the children the dangers & risks.
Yes, it's PG, but what more do U want from the WWE? They do run those "Don't Try This At Home" commercials. Do U want a superstar 2 go sit down in your living room & explain 2 your child personally? The parent should do their job & raise their kid in the right manner
Like I said earlier, BLOOD IS NOT NECESSARY

Two things piss me off about this.

1. Obviously the themed ppvs are getting obnoxious. Not many people like them and it's just getting extremely old and frustrating every time they do it. (I don't need to get into detail cause I'm on the third page, so my problem with this has been stated many times)

2. My second problem is that the Elimination Chamber matches are not cool, entertaining, brutal, or fun anymore. Last year we had a guy named Mike Knox in one, so obviously it is not as important anymore. I remember the first one ever was incredible. There were all big names in it and it was just so good. Even the second one was good. But now, they seem to not be a "devastating structure" as Cole would probably say 25 times in the first hour of raw. The PG situation is getting out of hand quickly, and I will probably not be one of the few of us who can sit through this and dream about how it will be entertaining in 10 years. And the bottom line of it all is simple, we can't do a damn thing about it.

Yeah, well this was very fucking pointless. Like X said, there isn't much creativity left in the WWE. And these "surveys" that they are taking are obviously being answered by idiots. Bragging Rights, Breaking Point, and Hell In A Cell are all excellent PPV ideas, but there was no point in renaming this PPV. I don't think there is even a way possible that this name change will make Vince anymore money than he already makes. While it won't take away from my enjoyment of the product, this was very stupid and pointless.

Sometimes I do wonder who all is out there taking those surveys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back