• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE No Mercy: WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Nevile (c) VS Enzo Amore

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I'd forgotten all about this match, it just totally slipped my mind though that's not surprising as these matches usually take place on the kickoff show.

Neville has been one of the few bright spots of the Cruiserweight Division under Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn. He's been given the ball and he's ran with it, though why they ended a great 8 month run just so Tozawa could hold the belt for 6 days is a mystery to me; hell, I guess it's just one of those things Vince wanted to see whether it really made any sense or not.

Enzo Amore is in a weird position in the company right now. If even half the reports that've come out over the summer are half true, Enzo has heat with pretty much everyone in the locker room and a lot of management. What's been saving him, allegedly, is that he sells a lot of merchandise and his segments on Raw are significant draws. He has the gift of gab but he's also someone that's frequently labeled as possibly the weakest in-ring worker on the main roster.

Part of me would like to see Neville drop the title so he could be moved upwards on the roster to be an eventual challenger for the IC or US titles. He's too talented to stay in the CW Division if the division is ultimately just going to stay what it is. At the same time, Enzo's charms may not be what they once were as, if I'm not mistaken, there was a pretty decent "thank you Strowman" chant that broke out after Strowman flattened Enzo on Raw. It might mean absolutely nothing or it could be the possibility of a backlash against Enzo brewing among some of the fans who're not as into him as a character as they once were and/or possibly because he's not so strong in the ring.

At any rate, I'm curious to see if this match is half decent or a trainwreck.

I really can't stand Enzo Amore now. All the signs point that Enzo will become the next Cruiserweight Champion but I hope that Neville retains the title. Neville squashing Enzo would be even better but that's unlikely.

I think that Cedric Alexander would be a better option to dethrone Neville again.

Enzo Amore has gone downhill so fast lately it's not funny. He was fine when he and Big Cass debuted last year, but after months on end of listening to him, would love to see someone just shut him up.

There is no way Neville should lose this to someone like Enzo, who looks like he can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. The guy is really horrible in the ring, his best attribute is his mic work, and even that is getting rather stale.

Im totally fine with Neville being a final act in Enzo's complete burial. Mainly because Neville has been a great and incredibly underutilized wrestler since NXT. Having him lose to Enzo would be ridiculous. Actually at this point Enzo getting any effective offense in would be ridiculous.

One of the matches I am looking the most forward to. Why? Because I actually want to see Enzo Amore get squashed. I just want to say that I am in complete agreement Enzo losing to Neville would be ridiculous. Enzo's in-ring performances leave a lot to be desired and whenever he is competing in a match I literally just wonder when will it finally be the day he gets outclassed in every way in a match.

Wow, what a crappy match this was. I know that enzo is probably the only reason fans stays to watch 205 live theses day but you could have build up his title wins a lot better then this. This felt like a cheap win. I not looking foward to the rematch.

That was a pretty great storyline match.

No, it was not a 5-star moves match, although it did have some very impressive moves in it including Enzo pulling off a top rope DDT I had not seen before.

This match was a storyline match and character building match. If you don't understand why it happened this way then I'm not sure how I can help you because it makes sense given both of their characters and storylines going into the match.

If you are looking for this particular rivalry to be a wrestling clinic you're not getting what it's about and might as well just watch something else if you don't understand it.

That said, I did not understand some of the results at No Mercy myself and I would be the first to admit it. I don't really understand why Finn Balor won after getting brutally beat down before and during the match. It doesn't seem like it really helps either side.

I do understand why Brock Lesnar won over Braun Strowman but I don't understand why after all Braun did to Brock he beat Braun clean with a single F5 and zero controversy or interference.

But, the Enzo v Neville feud makes a lot of sense given both of their characters and like it or not it is the ONLY storyline in the CW Division that has been worth a PPV match or really almost anyone's interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back