WWE Region, Cairo Subregion, First Round: (4) Kurt Angle vs. (29) Giant Haystacks

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Kurt Angle

• Giant Haystacks

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Cairo Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Cairo International Stadium in Cairo, Egypt.

cairo_stadium1.jpg

Snapshot_1_%283-27-2013_12-29_PM%29.png

#4. Kurt Angle

Vs.

07.jpg

#29. Giant Haystacks

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

It's hard to argue against Kurt Angle in this one right? Giant Haystacks was a massive competitor and had a decent reputation on this side of the pond. But that pretty much all he has going for him. What's more, he never wrestled in the WWE to my knowledge.

Kurt Angle on the other hand is a WWE superstar. And I mean that in the very literal sense of the word and not what Vince McMahon wants me to think. He is as close to the best pure wrestler that we have ever seen. Or will ever see. Once Angle gets Haystacks on his back, he's got him at his mercy and there is no way that Haystacks gets back up. This won't be a wrestling clinic but Angle is far too agile for the big man, too fast and too good.

Angle all the way.

Haystacks was an immense man. From what I understand, he was just a hair under 7'0" and, at his heaviest, is said weighed close to 700 pounds. However, the problem Haystacks has against someone like Kurt Angle is that his size is much more of a hindrance than an advantage. A man like Haystacks has to expend a ton of energy just holding himself upright and moving about, so he's not exactly what one would call a great athlete. Physically impressive to look at in terms of sheer size, but that's about as far as it goes.

In terms of pure wrestling, simply put, nobody has as much credibility in professional wrestling as Kurt Angle. In the world of amateur wrestling, Angle is someone who pretty much did it all including winning an Olympic gold medal in 1996. We know that Angle's extremely tough as he won several of his most noted championships as an amateur while injured or having only recently recovered from severe injury.

During his peak years in pro wrestling, Angle weighed in around 240, so Haystacks has him outweighed by some 400+ pounds. As a result, it's obvious that Angle would probably be tossed around a bit and just generally overwhelmed by Haystacks' size. However, as I mentioned earlier, Haystacks' size advantage is so extraordinary that it creates more of a problem than anything else. If Angle concentrates on one of his leg, whether his knee or ankle, uses his superior speed and athleticism to stick and move, he's eventually going to do enough damage to where Haystacks' leg is too sore to do much. If Angle gets Haystacks on the mat with a weakened leg and continues to work on that leg as much as he can, the match is essentially over. Haystacks is so heavy and Angle is so skilled that he could inflict enough damage to where Haystacks simply isn't able to get back to his feet. I could see the ref being forced to call the match due to Haystacks being unable to continue or Angle eventually manages to make him tap out.

Haystacks is a huge man, but don't be fooled by that. Angle was the far superior athlete, the far superior wrestler and the far superior star.

As soon as Kurt Angle finds a way to get Haystacks off his feet, by beating the crap out of one of his legs, this is over. Angle is far too quick, agile and technically sound for the giant, and once the big man is down he isn't getting back up, simple as.

Kurt Angle is a wrestling machine, he would pick apart Haystacks leg and get him to submit to the ankle lock...but could he actually hit the Angle Slam? He's done it to Big Show numerous times.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, alright. Giant Haystacks is at a disadvantage because unlike most of the other domestic superstars in this tournament, he actually went to America and ended up in the midcard, if not lower. There's not really any justification for voting for him here, except to say that when he died, there was a cartoon in the Daily Mirror showing him wrestling 'Big Diety'. Essentially, he has wrestled God, but I don't know the result, so can't use it as evidence. With that in mind, Angle wins.

Giant Haystacks or Haystacks Calhoun or Loch Ness depending on where and when you saw him first is another man who's physical contributions far preceded themselves. Whilst being merely huge at times to simply gargantuan at others is the main reason he was an attraction. He can't boast the sheer wrestling ability and poise, or display of character that other similar men like Big Show, Andre or Yokozuna could display at times.

Kurt Angle is a top guy in any era for any number of reasons. A legit. athlete in all respects and a guy who has done as much to entertain when not wrestling aside from that. He's something of a living legend and a vastly decorated competitor to boot. As soon as Haystacks stumbled over and Angle got to locking that Angle Lock in, he's not going to be able to drag himself to the ropes. It'd be all over for the spherical one.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Filling out a March Madness bracket

Logic: This event is pretty lame compared to the others. I'll give it to Angle, I guess. I just don't see how a stack of hay could physically fill out a bracket.

Winner: Kurt Angle

The things Angle would try and do to this man will be like watching a midget trying to hump an amazon. Angle chokes him out I think, or takes out his leg with chop blocks and then gives'em the old Ankle Lock.

The Wrestling Machine moves on with spit and snot.

My Dad has told me stories about how awesome Haystacks was. "He was SO big."

Who cares, my Dad is old, and Kurt Angle is the best thing ever.

Vote Kurt or Die.

Angle may have a hard time lifting Haystacks, but it really would not be necessary here. Angle is more than capable of chopping down this guy & wearing him out. Once that happens, then it is all Kurt here.

Ankle lock = fat people kryptonite. Well, that and vegetables but I doubt Kurt will hit him with a bag of radishes.

Haystacks, as big as he was spent most of his career losing. Ignoring his ill fated dungeon of doom run in WCW he still wasn't much of a winner. That and I've seen him lose by TKO in 30 seconds against Big Daddy.

Angle wins, and it's not even close.

Angle wins this match just on the basis the knocking over a big man and then applying the ankle lock. and grapevining if he can. Angle is the more athletic and will run rings around Giant Haystacks. Jobs a good one for Angle to win

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back