WWE Region, Milwaukee Subregion, First Round: (14) Big Show vs. (19) Lex Luger

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Big Show

• Lex Luger

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Milwaukee Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

bradley%20center%204.widea.jpg

The-Big-Show.jpg

#14. Big Show

Vs.

luger2.jpg

#19. Lex Luger

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This is a pretty interesting matchup. I'm sure they've probably wrestled each other before, but given the differences in ages/primes, that shouldn't be considered.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Big Show. While both men are underrated for their ability in pro wrestling, I think Big Show has proven himself time and again one of the best workers in the business, not just in the ring but also on the mic.

I haven't fully made up my mind, but I'm leaning towards Big Show.

The Big Show has now been a prime time wrestler for 19 years. Very few people have managed that in the television and fewer still have done it for two companies. Paul Wight moving to the WWF was arguably the point at which it was crystal clear who was going to win the Monday Night War. Luger often gets a rough deal around these parts, but The Big Show has longevity and managed to remain quite multidimensional despite having the physique to be a side show. For me, it has to be Big Show.

I have to go with Show, too. For me, his prime was as Paul White in WCW. And I credit IC for showing me this during the Debate League all those years ago. I am still absolutely stunned that The Big Show, a man who stands at 7 feet tall, can do a moonsault. That's pretty much all you need to know. Billed as the son of Andre The Giant, right? Those are literally huge boots to fill but White managed to pull it off in the early stages of his career. Luger does get a bad rep around here but I don't think he has what it takes to beat Show in his prime. Sure, he has been transformed into a side show in the WWE of late but he was such a huge threat 15 years ago. Almost unstoppable.

Show wins here.

This is a tough one for me because a strong argument could be made for both.

We all know how successful the Big Show is. He's the only man ever to hold the WCW, ECW, and WWE Championships. He has literally been a main event performer since he debuted in both WCW and WWE. Also, he's beaten a who's who of professional wrestlers during his career. Even now, the Big Show remains someone that can be plugged into the main event at any time and he's been able to remain relevant and believable throughout the entirety of his career.

Lex Luger has also had one hell of a career. He's been both the NWA and WCW Champions. Luger was once a member of the Four Horsemen. He never quite reached the top in WWE, however, he was well on his way to the top when he left for WCW. He's also beaten a large number of big names in wrestling. Luger took the title off of Hogan in WCW. He's beaten Sting, DDP, Macho Man, Flair, Hall, Nash, and he even once Torture Racked the Giant(Big Show). He was god awful on the mic though and one has to take that into consideration. Also, his career doesn't come close to the longevity of the Big Show.

At the end of the day; I have to give the nod to the Big Show. IMO, Show has meant more and accomplished more in professional wrestling then Luger has, however, don't take Luger lightly.

Vote Big Show.

Show for me, and this is closer than people would expect. The Lex Express if not derailed, would have had Luger stay on top for a few months and we would have seen how he would have racked up against Bret.

The Giant beat Hogan in his first match for the WHC. Ye....

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Super Smash Bros. (5 Stock Lives)

Logic: Big Show has his own bus and probably plays some video games on it. I would assume he is the more experience of the two at button mashing. However, he has big meaty hands. I could imaging him constantly pressing the wrong button. It really depends on the stage. Hmm. I'll give the slight edge to Show due to assumed experience. Sorry, Luger.

Winner: Big Show

I've always been very critical on these forums about Big Show, saying I think he needs to call it a day, slagging off the quality of his matches etc...but since I've had the WWE Network I've seen alot of his stuff from his WCW run and the early days of his time in WWE and been shocked at how good an athlete he was. So much quicker than he is now, so much more agile, pulling off moves he wouldn't be capable of now and even doing a kip-up...incredible.

An in-prime motivated Big Show would definitely overpower Luger, who apart from having arguably the best physique in wrestling history is pretty average in the ring and wouldn't be able to perform his signiture Torture Rack on a man Show's size. Plus, if we look at accomplishments, titles won and time spent in the main event...Paul Wight dwarfs Luger.

Vote Big Show.

I've always been very critical on these forums about Big Show, saying I think he needs to call it a day, slagging off the quality of his matches etc...but since I've had the WWE Network I've seen alot of his stuff from his WCW run and the early days of his time in WWE and been shocked at how good an athlete he was. So much quicker than he is now, so much more agile, pulling off moves he wouldn't be capable of now and even doing a kip-up...incredible.

An in-prime motivated Big Show would definitely overpower Luger, who apart from having arguably the best physique in wrestling history is pretty average in the ring and wouldn't be able to perform his signiture Torture Rack on a man Show's size. Plus, if we look at accomplishments, titles won and time spent in the main event...Paul Wight dwarfs Luger.

Vote Big Show.

He's Torture Racked Paul Wight before. He also Tortured Racked that huge guy Reese from Raven's flock.

He's Torture Racked Paul Wight before. He also Tortured Racked that huge guy Reese from Raven's flock.

Has he? I stand corrected if that's the case, I will have to look up this video. Incredible strength if he managed to do that.

However, it still doesn't change my vote in this. An in-prime Giant/Big Show is more than capable of taking down an in-prime Luger, and his legacy/accomplishments make him the right vote in this match.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Super Smash Bros. (5 Stock Lives)

Logic: Big Show has his own bus and probably plays some video games on it. I would assume he is the more experience of the two at button mashing. However, he has big meaty hands. I could imaging him constantly pressing the wrong button. It really depends on the stage. Hmm. I'll give the slight edge to Show due to assumed experience. Sorry, Luger.

Winner: Big Show

tumblr_m6nf2pt9q81rqoq0po1_1280.png

Luger has a bus too, and a damn fine one at that. I don't think Big Show could cope with Smash Bros let alone a 5 stock life game.

That being said I'm voting Big Show as:
A) I've met him
B) He didn't have Miss Elizabeth die in his house.

My favourite Luger fact was that when he was arrested for hitting Elizabeth this was in Cobb County. You could imagine the Big Bossman showing up to make the arrest.

Luger\Show would be brutal. Strength vs size all the way. Difference maker for me would be how they play up Luger's forearm shot. I could see the final moments playing out with Luger making a comeback by staggering Show with one shot, bouncing off the ropes for a second & making the pin. Legal foreign object trumps big ass chokeslam.

For all those saying that Luger couldn't beat an 'in his prime' Big Show... and then clarified his prime as being in WCW...

the two fought quite a few times in WCW. Luger won almost every single time. Had a verified record of 10-2-1 against him one on one in fact.

Don't forget Big Show's gimmick. A giant that loses a lot. No reason to believe that would change here against a guy that always got the better of him.

Luger\Show would be brutal. Strength vs size all the way. Difference maker for me would be how they play up Luger's forearm shot. I could see the final moments playing out with Luger making a comeback by staggering Show with one shot, bouncing off the ropes for a second & making the pin. Legal foreign object trumps big ass chokeslam.

And I could see Show using the KO Punch (arguably the most realistic finisher going today) or even one of his sick ass and unbelievably realistic spears when he goes for the second one.

Show beat Brock Lesnar for the title. Bork is stronger and faster than Lex. I don't care what shenanigans were afoot when he did it, he still did it.

I like Lex a lot more than your average bear, but I gotta go Show. Capt. Insano 4ever.

Big Show has his own bus

Big Show has his own bus yes, but there is also the Lex Express. I don't really care about this matchup, but Big Show wins due to longevity as a major playr on tv and not being involved in the death of Miss Elizabeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back