WWE Releasing New Hulk Hogan DVD

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
While watching Raw last night, I noticed that, at the bottom of the screen, there was a little advertisement for a Hulk Hogan DVD that's coming out soon. I think maybe next week or the week after.

I remember reading something about this online around the same time Hogan announced his signing with TNA and this has put the WWE in a bit of a quandry now. Since Hogan is associated with TNA, then TNA could actually wind up getting a bit of a promotional boost from the WWE. A little promotion by association I suppose. Now, the WWE had been planning on releasing this DVD for a while and, rather than lose potentially millions of dollars that this would generate, they decided to go ahead and release it. However, they're not advertising the crap out of this like they normally would with a DVD anthology type of release.

It makes me wonder if, whenever he debuts for TNA, if Hogan will mention something about the DVD release and somehow use it as a means of blasting away at the WWE while, at the same time, touting Hogan's greatness and all that shit.

Yeah, I also saw this whille watching Raw last night. WWE probably figures that Hogan is a well enough known name that wrestling fans will go out and buy this DVD, even if WWE doesn't promote the shit out of it like they do with their other DVD anthology sets. We have to remeber that wrestling is a buisness, and this is a very wise buisness decison on behalf of the WWE. Believe me, people will go out and buy this DVD like there's no tommorow.

As far as TNA getting a boost from this, I don't think that'll happen. Hogan's greatest moments have and always will come from WWF/WWE. When people watch this DVD, it's going to make them remeber the great moments Hogan had in WWE/WWF. They're not going to say,"wow I can't wait until he does something like this in TNA!" Because those days are way behind him.

Hogan might try to take at shot a Vince for this. I don't think it'll happen on IMPACT! though. Maybe he'll go on Bubba The Love Sponge's radio show and get his shot in there.

I don't know about that. I listen to Bubba and since Hulk Hogan announced his signing neither he nor Bubba have been especially vocal about anything to do with the WWE. They are a much smaller fish than the WWE and I think they will be careful (at least for the time being) about ticking off Vince.

Mind you I think it was a bad idea to announce Hogan and then not have him around so he can shill his book and go on an Australian tour with Ric Flair. They should have waited until he finished that tour so he could actually put some of effort into his new role.

Once again this grants me an opportunity to ram Hogan and everything he's about. But I won't since this isn't really about people's opinions about that piece of crap known as Hulk Hogan.

I think the WWE needs to promote the hell out of it. I think this could backfire on TNA because since it'll once again be a WWE DVD then that means people will once again give their money to Vince & co. instead of the so-called competiton. Also, it gives casual fans a chance to see what they're NOT going to be getting in TNA with Hogan. Hogan, being washed up will be presented as the hero he used to be vs. what he is now, and if causal fans are smart, they won't wanna watch an old dirt bag like Hogan week in and week out. Which subsequently is a win-win situation for Vince & co.

Well, the DVD will of course be a big seller.

That will make McMahon a lot of money.

I don't really think it will affect TNA much at all.

Yes, TNA fans, myself included, will be buying a WWE product but I don't understand what the issue is here.

Do Beatles fans not buy Led Zeppelin albums?

A Hogan fan will be a Hogan fan which ever company he works for.

I think the WWE would have been so foolish not to release the DVD.

As for promotion, yes promote the DVD of course.

Even if Hogan is now a part of TNA, you're promoting what he did then, so I see no problem there.

excuse me!! mr midnite jackass, what's with you and others who come on these boards and always have something derogatory to say about hogan, i mean do you all hate yourselves that DAMN bad that you have to put down others? i'm sure that if he met your stupid ass he would have thought you were a piece of crap too, as for the dvd comming out what's he suppose to say? it was already in the works long before he even thought of going to tna, so wwe didn't have much of a choice but to release it.

i think this is smart by the wwe and perfect timed. think about it. with hogan being all over the internet wwe have picked it up and said lets release it now they are using tna publicity against them lets face it wwe made hogan and hogan made wwe and you know something will be in it showing that he had power in wcw and how that helped kill wcw. so with him in the public eye it the best time to bring out the dvd use it to there advantace go vince i say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back