WWE Summerslam 2015 - Neville and Stephen Amell VS King Barrett & Stardust

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After the events of last night's Raw, "Green Arrow" star Stephen Amell will team with Neville to take on Barrett & Stardust at SummerSlam.

Now while I can't say that I'm looking forward to this, I have to say that I don't dread this like I thought I would. I thought Amell did a very good job during the backstage stuff with Triple H. He was believable and it didn't have the tongue in cheek celebrity "sports entertainment" feeling to it that we see with just about any angle involving celebrities in wrestling matches. I also like how Amell and Trips put over how dangerous it is doing what WWE stars do, because it actually is.

If Amell has actually had some training and knows what he's doing to some degree, this might be a little fun to watch. To me, as I alluded to, this doesn't have the same sort of nonsensical celebrity match that these things usually turn out to be.

I'm not sure of the success of Arrow. Being three series in I would assume it has a strong following.

I don't see how the heels benefit from this, but it's great for Neville. He'll carry the face side to victory, even though the focus will be on the Arrow dude.

I was hoping for more verbal banter between Stardust and Amell, but I thought the segment came off well. The backstage with Amell and HHH was well played and I'm actually interested in this. My only confusion is that King Barrett seems to be the odd duck in this storyline, but at least he'll be wrestling at the PPV. Can they please start booking Barrett as one of the toughest guys in the company? Guy's a legit bada$$ and they book him like a court jester. Why they totally abandoned the Bad News gimmick is beyond me. They could have incorporated that into The King of Bad News when he enters and makes his decree. This guy has been viewed as a future WWE WHC. Don't get me started on Stardust. This guy is one of the best performers they have and he just loses way too much. They messed up the Stardust/Goldust breakup. It should have been much bigger.

I watch Arrow so I'm definitely interested in seeing this. Stephen Amell is the kind of celebrity that you want involved in wrestling. He's been a life long fan and he's a pretty impressive athlete in his own right. The crowd seemed really into the segment last night, which was great because it involved a bunch of midcard guys. I think this will be a fun match to watch, and it will help elevate Neville.

I don't see how the heels benefit from this

Easy, Barrett and Stardust are almost jobbers and eventhough they lose this its high profile match so its better to expose them in that way then making Barrett to lose from R Truth or someone like that.

I liked what I saw on RAW from Amelle. So am pumped up to see Summerslam match eventhough he probably wouldnt be so heavily involved in match.

As a Green Arrow show and comic fan, I cannot wait for this match! All it takes is one look at Stephen Amell's social media, just to see how much of a wrestling fan he is.

Stephen Amell does the majority of his own stunts in Arrow, so he should transition well to a wrestling match. A lot of his training involves par-core, which anybody who follows John Morrison would know how much it helps him in his work nowadays. I fully expect to see Stephen Amell pull out some crazy high flying maneuvers, even if they are kept to a minimum.

Plus, in addition to the good points made by previous posters in this thread, we're looking at a 4-hour PPV that has to be filled with entertainment, not all of which has to consist of standard wrestling matches.

As usual, the so-called 'purists' among us that will be offended by this match are going to object to any out-of-the-ordinary feature WWE stages, so let 'em wail over a TV actor competing.

As to the result, I'd imagine the good guys win in heroic fashion, as Barrett and Stardust can lose matches without suffering any more of a hit to their reps than they usually do. They'll be perfect foils in this one.

Yeah, i think this match might be a Dark Horse to be honest, i mean the WWE guys involved all know there stuff, but Amell is such a fanboy and has wanted to do this for so long that i wouldn't be surprised if he actually shows some talent in there. Anyone who has watched Arrow and knows anything about the filming knows that the guy is quite a convincing 'fake fight' guy. IF he turns up to the fight in his Green Arrow suit then i can only assume he's there with some tricks up is sleeve. If he's not all that when he turns up then Neville will show him how it's done. But honestly, this guy is no slouch, don't be surprised if this isn't a one off either.

I have never heard of the guy, In the 80's we had we had Andy Kauffman, Mr T, Cyndi Lauper and Mohamed Ali, In the 90's we had Mike Tyson, Dennis Rodman and David Arquette in the 00's we had Donald Trump and Floyd Mayweather and in the 10's we have Stephen Amell, Is this the best celebrity that they can do now?

I have never heard of the guy, In the 80's we had we had Andy Kauffman, Mr T, Cyndi Lauper and Mohamed Ali, In the 90's we had Mike Tyson, Dennis Rodman and David Arquette in the 00's we had Donald Trump and Floyd Mayweather and in the 10's we have Stephen Amell, Is this the best celebrity that they can do now?

In the 10's comic book shows and movies are more popular than ever. Any DC comic fan knows who Stephen Amell is! Half those guys you mention didn't put their bodies and careers on the line because they were fans. David Arquette? lol

It should be a short but entertaining match. I'm not too familiar with the TV show Arrow but I'm curious to see if there will be a subscriber boost to see Amell in action from the Arrow fanbase.

Never heard of the Green Arrow or this guy.. I thought the Green Arrow was the name of a movie or some shit, but it turns out it had to do with nerdy comic books.. That's fine, this won't last past SummerSlam, and maybe some of the Arrow fans will tune into SummerSlam.

Never heard of the Green Arrow or this guy.. I thought the Green Arrow was the name of a movie or some shit, but it turns out it had to do with nerdy comic books.. That's fine, this won't last past SummerSlam, and maybe some of the Arrow fans will tune into SummerSlam.

LMAO@ "nerdy comic books" yes, because professional wrestling (and being an active member of a PW forum) is so damn hip amirite!?

I don't have interest in the match other than seeing in how much better shape Stephen is compared to most members of the roster (god damnit Bo dallas, hop on an exercise bike FFS).

In the 10's comic book shows and movies are more popular than ever. Any DC comic fan knows who Stephen Amell is! Half those guys you mention didn't put their bodies and careers on the line because they were fans. David Arquette? lol

I'm not saying David Arquette was a good idea as him winning the world title was probably one of the most stupid moments in wrestling but he was someone I had heard of and seen many of his movies and was in quite a lot of big movies prior to his wrestling career.
To be fair on Stephen Amell I'm not really a comic book fan so I don't pay much attention to most of these movies so he could be a big name within this field for all I know I had never heard of him though and most if not all of the other celebrity appearances in wrestling I have heard of.

I think I would quite enjoy seeing Barrett and Stardust team up on a more regular basis.

Anyone that watch the JBL and Cole show before Cody became Stardust will see that they enjoy working together.

Plus the tag division is filled with smaller guys excluding Titus and Big E. So adding Barrett into a tag team couldn't hurt, other than this celeb feud which has just start he isn't doing anything now so why not.

When PTP and New Day are done with eachother I wouldn't mind Barrett and Stardust going after PTP for the titles if they retain at Summerslam.

The Arrow guy might surprise everyone at Summerslam... I doubt he's going in green without any training from WWE hands backstage and whatnot. Dude HAS to be better than Jay Leno for cripe sakes. Plus , Stardust and Wade Barrett might make for some entertaining tag team moments...who knows ? I'm not excited for this, but I'm keeping my mind open for surprises from The Arrow guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back