WWE SummerSlam Kickoff Show - Rusev & Lana VS Almas & Vega

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
You just had to sense this one was coming due to Lana and Zelina having a couple of singles matches on SD Live the past few weeks, matches in which Zelina won due to outside interference, accidental interference that is, from Aiden English.

I expect English to either redeem himself here or to full on turn on Rusev & Lana to purposely cost them the match. Afterward, Almas & Vega move onto other things while we get a feud between Rusev & English ultimately results in Rusev beating up English for a month or two before he moves on and English goes back to being talent enhancement.

I know that some fans will be upset that ALmas and Rusev are on the kickoff but to me, i'm thinking, at less they got on the card. Let's face it, does it really matter anymore if you're on the kickoff or the main show. Really, it's pretty much all part of the same show on the network, the only difference is that more people can see you on the kickoff because of the fact that it's on multiple social media platform and not just the network.

As far as the match goes, Rusev is super over now thank in part the this break up storyline, while Almas is really getting colder by the minute so why not just have almas beat Rusev clean without English showing up and then after the match do a vignette with rusev and english which would lead into a segment on smackdown the following tuesday.

the fact is, Almas really need a solid win for fans to really get behind him as a heel because he's really getting nowhere right now so a big win against a establish star will help him.

You just had to sense this one was coming due to Lana and Zelina having a couple of singles matches on SD Live the past few weeks, matches in which Zelina won due to outside interference, accidental interference that is, from Aiden English.

I expect English to either redeem himself here or to full-on turn on Rusev & Lana to purposely cost them the match. Afterward, Almas & Vega move onto other things while we get a feud between Rusev & English ultimately results in Rusev beating up English for a month or two before he moves on and English goes back to being talent enhancement.

Which is unfortunate, if it wasn't for Aiden, Rusev wouldn't have gotten over nearly as much as he has. Aiden English has so much potential that WWE would be fools not to capitalize on him. He has great mic skills, acting abilities, a decent look, solid in-ring capabilities, and hella charisma. Over the last week, we have gotten to see a different side of Aiden English. This side that we've gotten to see, is a more natural, relatable character. He's thrived in the various roles that the company has given him, since the release of his former tag team partner Simon Gotch. Wanna talk about grabbing the brass ring? He's literally done that and then some.

As for this match, I'd expect Almas & Vega to take the dub, following a miscue from Aiden once again. I could maybe see Almas going after Lana when Rusev is down. This leading to Aiden running down, making the save. This inadvertently would cost Rusev and Lana the match, and lead to Rusev eventually attacking Aiden.

I know that some fans will be upset that ALmas and Rusev are on the kickoff but to me, i'm thinking, at less they got on the card. Let's face it, does it really matter anymore if you're on the kickoff or the main show. Really, it's pretty much all part of the same show on the network, the only difference is that more people can see you on the kickoff because of the fact that it's on multiple social media platform and not just the network.

As far as the match goes, Rusev is super over now thank in part the this break up storyline, while Almas is really getting colder by the minute so why not just have almas beat Rusev clean without English showing up and then after the match do a vignette with rusev and english which would lead into a segment on smackdown the following tuesday.

the fact is, Almas really need a solid win for fans to really get behind him as a heel because he's really getting nowhere right now so a big win against a establish star will help him.

Go on the WWE network and look at summerslam 2017 to watch Usos vs New Day oh wait you can't because they were on the kick off. If it's not even on the network or the DvD then it's not on summerslam. Also, if being on the kick off was the "exact same" as the actual main card then how come Usos and New Day were making such a big deal about finally after 7 years the Usos finally being on the main card.. It's a big deal because there is actually a big difference between them.

Go on the WWE network and look at summerslam 2017 to watch Usos vs New Day oh wait you can't because they were on the kick off. If it's not even on the network or the DvD then it's not on summerslam. Also, if being on the kick off was the "exact same" as the actual main card then how come Usos and New Day were making such a big deal about finally after 7 years the Usos finally being on the main card.. It's a big deal because there is actually a big difference between them.

First just go on the network and watch summerslam kickoff and you will see that match since all the kickoff are on the network and if I not mistaken, the match made it on the DVD in the extra, I would have to check the DVD since I bought the DVD but I'm pretty sure the kickoff matches are on the DVD.

As far as the whole storyline was concern, it was for mania not summerslam and it also they we're talking more about pre network era since the duo's never made the mania card.

The thing is, I don't see what the big deal is about where you are on the card, at less you are on the card and in a way, If I was in their place, I would rather be on the kickoff where they will get more time to have a good match then being lost in the middle of the card and given less time. The kickoff matches in my opinion are the most important match on the card outside the main events. They are there to convince new fans that might be on the fence about ordering the network for the event to maybe check the show out. And with those matches being on YouTube and Facebook live, they get more exposure then if they would only be just one of the multiple non important matches on the main card.

As far as being on the DVD, outside of mania last year, they always included the kickoff matches. They even decided to not put the hall of fame ceremony on this year mania DVD in order to put the kickoff matches on the DVD, so I doubt that anybody is worried about not being included on the DVD especially since only a few of us still buy DVD.

The Rusev beat down of English is just hours away. Not sure why English can't just stay away from the ring. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back