WWE Summerslam - Sheamus vs Cesaro

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
I'm not sure what we did to piss off Mick Foley but we're getting six more Cesaro/Sheamus matches than we'll ever need.

I mean c'mon, seven! Not even a best of three you spiteful fuck. Cesaro vs. Zayn or Neville, now those are matches I'd be willing to see three of.

Seven is overkill. They put on decent matches when given ten or twelve minutes, but to see them go at it seven times, especially when Cesaro has already beaten Sheamus clean twice in a row, it is too much.

When it's all said and one I hope and expect to see Cesaro be the guy who comes out on top. Sheamus has moved into more of a jobber to the stars role lately and I think the win in the series, even if it is too long, could propel Cesaro up the card a little.

The problem is the novelty of seeing a best of 7 series is down to a classic series in WCW from 1999 where Booker T beat Chris Benoit. They were incredible matches, and raised praise. However, I am afraid Sheamus is not as technically sound as Cesaro, and it should be relatively short fast past matches building to a longer finale. I do not know if Sheamus has the aura to pull it off. A best of 3 (final being at Summerslam) would perhaps have been better. However, please do not blame Commissioner Foley - he is just the TV character. Vince makes these decisions (god knows why).

On a side note - why on earth does Foley come out on RAW, and then ALWAYS Stephanie McMahon comes out. Defeats the purpose of having Foley as an authority figure surely?

You know I think a feud like that would be fun, if there was something up for grabs, like a title.

That's just WWE putting Sheamus and Cesaro aside for the next 3 months, so that they won't bother with them and I really really really hope that this plays into an angle, where Cesaro blames Foley and the authorities that they locked him away from the main scene in a best of 7 series in order to keep him down.

Or I'll be damn dissapointed.

I'm not sure what we did to piss off Mick Foley but we're getting six more Cesaro/Sheamus matches than we'll ever need.

I mean c'mon, seven! Not even a best of three you spiteful fuck. Cesaro vs. Zayn or Neville, now those are matches I'd be willing to see three of.

I'd much rather see Cesaro vs. Sheamus than have him fight Sami Zayn or Neville. Cesaro vs. Sheamus is two (should be) World Championship contenders. There's no reason to have Cesaro face low level midcard guys.

Anyway...Cesaro vs. Sheamus in a Best of Seven has a TON of potential, but something should be on the line here. I'm assuming they'd stretch it for at least two months, in which case I'd have the winner of the series become #1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship at Survivor Series.

I will be pleasantly surprised if WWE doesn't decide to 4-3 this series. But hot damn, I am tired of seeing repeated matches and 50/50 booking that keeps anyone from being a star that isn't a black hole of charisma.

I don't expect much out of this.

I will be pleasantly surprised if WWE doesn't decide to 4-3 this series. But hot damn, I am tired of seeing repeated matches and 50/50 booking that keeps anyone from being a star that isn't a black hole of charisma.

I don't expect much out of this.

So...we have two guys who both need to be higher on the card than they are, and you want one to get buried? Gee whiz, that's some smart booking, mister!

Seven is really too much.... A 2 out of 3 falls match would have been way better. That match could determine the new No.1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship.

I think that it's going to be a 4-3 victory for sure. I hope that the eventual winner of this grand feud is Cesaro. Sheamus has had his time in the main event picture last year along with Reigns. Both need to be far away from the ultimate title. Time for "Boring" Cesaro to actually be credible in the main event scene.

If all of these matches won't be standard, traditional bouts, then this could be fun. We've seen Cesaro vs. Sheamus twice in standard matches in as many weeks and this will be the third one. So, during this series, they need to pull out stuff like Falls Count Anywhere, maybe some sort of street fight, possibly have the final bout be a ladder match with a contract for a title shot hanging above the ring, etc. I see Sheamus winning this Sunday considering that he's already lost two in a row to Cesaro, so he needs the win to somewhat even things up.

While seven matches might be too much, at the same time, I've got no real issue with this feud. It's good to see relevant feuds going on that don't necessarily involve someone chasing a championship.

So...we have two guys who both need to be higher on the card than they are, and you want one to get buried? Gee whiz, that's some smart booking, mister!

the 50/50 booking arguments been had on these forums, I'll just point out that having a best of 7 match in wwe's booking means it's 6 throwaway matches that we know will be 50/50, then 1 match that really matters.

the 50/50 booking arguments been had on these forums, I'll just point out that having a best of 7 match in wwe's booking means it's 6 throwaway matches that we know will be 50/50, then 1 match that really matters.

And at least this way, the guy who lost 4 matches still won 3, so he doesn't look like a jobber. There are other guys who can lose lots of matches to keep Cesaro or Sheamus looking strong, it shouldn't be each other.

And at least this way, the guy who lost 4 matches still won 3, so he doesn't look like a jobber. There are other guys who can lose lots of matches to keep Cesaro or Sheamus looking strong, it shouldn't be each other.

Or you could look at it this way. We just went through this with Owens and Zayn. They built their feud based on the history that the two of them had. A much longer history I might add than Cesaro and Sheamus have been through.

Where is Owens now? He is tag teaming with Jericho on the second biggest show of the year, against one of the best up and coming tag teams around. Zayn who won that feud with Owens, is really nowhere fighting on the midcard.

Now neither one of them looks weak, but I would say the loser Owens is in a much better position going forward than Zayn is.

Now I'm firmly in the Cesaro section and want to see the WWE do more with him, meh on Sheamus. When he came back with his new look, was a bit shocked, but over it now. Don't see what is the upshot for either man coming out of this. There is nothing on the line, no title shot coming, nothing. So what this is for is bragging rights for one to say they are a better mid carder than the other.

Cesaro by beating Sheamus 2-0 has already won that right, so what is even the point of it. Both men could be utilized better, but they just aren't.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded this as much had they just booked the feud a bit better. Instead of Cesaro winning both matches, they should have split the two and than basically just argued over who deserves the spotlight. Foley comes in, makes the best of 7 with some sort of title stipulation for the winner.

Of course, that would mean planning booking decisions more than a week in advance and... well... who am I kidding.

I was fairly bored with this feud to begin with. I seriously thought Cesaro was getting Rusev at SummerSlam before Roman stepped in.

I think three months is a bit extreme. If they blow off the feud with a match every Raw, it could be done as soon as the Raw after Clash of Champions. I doubt they'll move at that break-neck pace. This could stretch all the way to Hell in a Cell in October, which I hope it doesn't, but we'll see.

Cesaro is exciting and we're all chomping at the bit to see him pushed. Being on Smackdown would have seen him higher up the card, which I think is precisely why he's on Raw. The longer they hold him back, the bigger the reaction when they finally put him over. They need to make sure people still care when we get to the finish line.

Sheamus has put on good matches with the right opponent. His matches with Bryan (WM 28 notwithstanding) were among Sheamus' best. Cesaro is the kind of technician that could carry Sheamus to decent matches, maybe beyond.

Sheamus is hard to watch. He has zero momentum. What's the prize at the end of the road here? Midcard supremacy? Hopefully they add a carrot at the end like the US title number one contendership.

I wish these guys luck. Give us a reason to care through seven matches. Surprise us, please.

I like both wrestlers. I could see this going to 7, rather than Cesaro winning 4 straight. I think Sheamus will pull off an upset win at Summerslam.

Cesaro is an amazing wrestler an all around preformer. i really think it's about time WWE would push this guy all the way without dropping the ball on him. he always puts on great matches and gets great reactions. but the creative seems to drop the ball on him every time he gains momentum. IMO he's one of the reasons i still tune in to watch RAW. He should go over clean this sunday against sheamus and look very dominante. and hopefully gets inserted in the main event title picture. how ever my main concern is that even if he does countinue to chase after the title, there no way he's going to beat Balor\Rollins so early after one of them becomes the bran new Universal champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back