WWE SummerSlam: WWE Universal Championship - Finn Balor VS Seth Rollins

I know the general consensus on the internet is that, whilst Finn Balor had an awesome debut and the match at SummerSlam will more than likely be brilliant between Balor and Rollins, the latter as the safe choice should win the inaugural WWE Universal Championship match.

However, I beg to differ on that.
Firstly, whilst Seth Rollins has grown on me loads since his return from injury, he is still the same type of heel as before, only now, he has been booked a bit stronger than before. Also, Stephanie still seems to play up their former relationship and the likelihood of seeing some form of that Authority backed Champion stuff again on RAW is not something I am looking forward to in the least.

Also, Finn Balor just pinned Roman Reigns on Live RAW after having another match earlier in the night... and he didn't even have to bring out the Demon.
Think about that for a second.
We have a few weeks to build for SummerSlam, and given WWE seem to be intent on "striking whilst the iron is hot" with Finn, I can't see him Not debuting the Demon at the second biggest PPV of the year and furthermore, debuting it and ending up losing his first match as the Demon to anyone, far less Seth Rollins.

Unless Finn Balor somehow manages to mess up this opportunity in the next few weeks, my prediction is that Demon Finn Balor beats Seth Rollins to become the inaugural WWE Universal Champion.
New Era. New Championship. New Champion.

They need Finn to get beat down week after week until Summerslam. Make Rollins look unstoppable. Then at Summerslam, Finn brings out The Demon, and win or lose, makes Rollins work for it. I'd like to see them put Balor over on RAW. Really show they are invested in the future and not just guys like Cena, Orton etc.

I think a Balor/Rollins feud over a couple of months could be HUGE. Awesome matches would come of it.

It would be a travesty if he debuts the Demon at SummerSlam and proceeds to lose match. The Demon seems like something Casuals(especially the kids) could latch onto from the get-go, thus, If Finn uses it then it definitely has to be a clean victory, lMO.

It would be a travesty if he debuts the Demon at SummerSlam and proceeds to lose match. The Demon seems like something Casuals(especially the kids) could latch onto from the get-go, thus, If Finn uses it then it definitely has to be a clean victory, lMO.

I think him winning is the best option right now too. I'd like to see Rollins without the title starting to get heat with Steph, and at Survivor Series, Triple H returns to take Rollins out and turn him face. Have Steph continuously hold Rollins down, saying they were stupid for choosing him to be the future and eventually do Rollins vs Triple H at Wrestlemania.

You know, I really don't expect Finn Balor to win at Sunday. I just don't see Balor winning a world title at this point.

However this is Finn's biggest match ever. In his big matches, Finn brings out the demon.

The demon rarely loses, I think his only loss was against Joe.

However Finn's almost certain to lose at Summerslam - There's no way Rollins does not walk out as the face of RAW after SSlam.

So that being said, should Balor debut the demon at Summerslam, since this is the biggest match in Finn's career?
However, the demon losing his first match could hurt his credibility, since he was booked as this unstoppable being.

What do ya all think?

I know the general consensus on the internet is that, whilst Finn Balor had an awesome debut and the match at SummerSlam will more than likely be brilliant between Balor and Rollins, the latter as the safe choice should win the inaugural WWE Universal Championship match.

Firstly, whilst Seth Rollins has grown on me loads since his return from injury, he is still the same type of heel as before, only now, he has been booked a bit stronger than before. Also, Stephanie still seems to play up their former relationship and the likelihood of seeing some form of that Authority backed Champion stuff again on RAW is not something I am looking forward to in the least.

Also, Finn Balor just pinned Roman Reigns on Live RAW after having another match earlier in the night... and he didn't even have to bring out the Demon.
We have a few weeks to build for SummerSlam, and given WWE seem to be intent on "striking whilst the iron is hot" with Finn, I can't see him Not debuting the Demon at the second biggest PPV of the year and furthermore, debuting it and ending up losing his first match as the Demon to anyone, far less Seth Rollins.

Unless Finn Balor somehow manages to mess up this opportunity in the next few weeks, my prediction is that Demon Finn Balor beats Seth Rollins to become the inaugural WWE Universal Champion.

Maybe the best way WWE can go, in order to have Finn win and not have Rollins lose credibility as a top star, is to have the Club cost Rollins the match.

Then in the future, announce that it was HHH who brought in the Club in the first place. (That's also why the Club immediately went after Roman and Finn was drafted to RAW and Styles went straight the main roster)

Do you like "Star Trek"?

I ask because you sound like a Trekkie, or one of those nerds who are into the MCU, go to Comic Con for some cosplay or you can relate to "The Big Bang Theory".

The fact is NXT fans are made up of internet nerds and those who used to follow ECW (original version). They think that their devotion allows them to demand who should be elevated and who shouldn't, and like those who rally against "Star Wars" prequels or talk online about the new "Avengers" film, they think that they know better what works than those producing the product.

Finn Balor is a NXT nerdboy's wet dream. Yah, an NXT guy comes in and beats the most-pushed guy in the last year to main event the second most important PPV of the year.

Also, the internet nerds are happy because their boy, Dolph Ziggler, is going for the WWE Title at "Summerslam". How random.

This is what happens when WWE bent over on putting Bryan in the main event at WMXXX. The fans think that they say "Jump", Vince has to say "How high". Vince gave an inch, and you people took a mile.

Balor ONLY won because Roman failed a Wellness Test. It is to punish Roman for his indiscretion. Now, Balor may be a big star down the track, but he needs to pay his dues in the big league first, rather than be like a rabbit in the headlights in a match with the biggest crowd he has ever seen.

This is the whole problem with the brand extension. It leads to people going above their station.

Balor ONLY won because Roman failed a Wellness Test. It is to punish Roman for his indiscretion. Now, Balor may be a big star down the track, but he needs to pay his dues in the big league first, rather than be like a rabbit in the headlights in a match with the biggest crowd he has ever seen.

This is the whole problem with the brand extension. It leads to people going above their station.

Just came to say, Balor has performed in front of over 43,000 people. Barclays Centre holds 20,000. He's been in a main event match in front of 35,000. Please know what you're talking about before you spout off nonsense.

I'm a huge Rollins fan. I don't know much about Balor. I say The Club wins the tag titles at Summerslam. Then, they help Finn win the Universal title at Summerslam. In the long run, it leads to a Shield vs. The Club match at a major PPV.

Reigns could become an ally of Rollins.

Do you like "Star Trek"?

I ask because you sound like a Trekkie, or one of those nerds who are into the MCU, go to Comic Con for some cosplay or you can relate to "The Big Bang Theory".

The fact is NXT fans are made up of internet nerds and those who used to follow ECW (original version). They think that their devotion allows them to demand who should be elevated and who shouldn't, and like those who rally against "Star Wars" prequels or talk online about the new "Avengers" film, they think that they know better what works than those producing the product.

Finn Balor is a NXT nerdboy's wet dream. Yah, an NXT guy comes in and beats the most-pushed guy in the last year to main event the second most important PPV of the year.

Also, the internet nerds are happy because their boy, Dolph Ziggler, is going for the WWE Title at "Summerslam". How random.

This is what happens when WWE bent over on putting Bryan in the main event at WMXXX. The fans think that they say "Jump", Vince has to say "How high". Vince gave an inch, and you people took a mile.

Have you ever heard the saying, "Strike Whilst the Iron is Hot"?

Finn Balor was drafted high up last week, and WWE not only did that, but gave him a whirlwind debut where he beat........... my favourite WWE Superstar, Roman Reigns, clean as a sheet(Reigns' first clean loss on RAW as far as I am aware) and it was very well received by all and sundry.

Also, RAW has Reigns and Rollins as the two full-time Main Event talents and are in dire need of a few more guys to step up quickly, and in Finn Balor's debut push, the WWE have made it quite clear that they intend to do just that.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned all of Finn Balor's accomplishments pre-WWE Main Roster & NXT... There is a reason why he got a huge pop before he even did anything on the show.
Actually, from my end, I knew very little about Balor going into Monday Night RAW earlier this week apart from the huge hype for his debut. The only thing he really got to do was get into the ring, and I have to say, he more than delivered his end against Roman Reigns and got put over big time by the Big Dog in the latter's post-match interview.

We'll see in the next few weeks what he can do.

btw, I bet you hate the Undertaker's character with all the effects and eye rolls amongst other stuff as well. :shrug:

This has got to be the biggest match for the NXT Universe. The first ever NXT Champion vs. the longest reigning NXT Champion to determine the first WWE Universal Champion. Regardless of who wins, this match will set the tone for the future of WWE. I'm hoping for Finn Balor to take his place in history. The Universal Championship Title match should close the show. After all, the "World" is smaller than the "Universe".

Have you ever heard the saying, "Strike Whilst the Iron is Hot"?

Finn Balor was drafted high up last week, and WWE not only did that, but gave him a whirlwind debut where he beat........... my favourite WWE Superstar, Roman Reigns, clean as a sheet(Reigns' first clean loss on RAW as far as I am aware) and it was very well received by all and sundry.

Also, RAW has Reigns and Rollins as the two full-time Main Event talents and are in dire need of a few more guys to step up quickly, and in Finn Balor's debut push, the WWE have made it quite clear that they intend to do just that.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned all of Finn Balor's accomplishments pre-WWE Main Roster & NXT... There is a reason why he got a huge pop before he even did anything on the show.
Actually, from my end, I knew very little about Balor going into Monday Night RAW earlier this week apart from the huge hype for his debut. The only thing he really got to do was get into the ring, and I have to say, he more than delivered his end against Roman Reigns and got put over big time by the Big Dog in the latter's post-match interview.

We'll see in the next few weeks what he can do.

btw, I bet you hate the Undertaker's character with all the effects and eye rolls amongst other stuff as well. :shrug:

i get what you're saying but while you know that finn got drafted high and won the match against roman reigns solely because of roman reigns suspension and the fact that vince wants to punish him for it? Like either lawler or jbl said a couple months ago on commentary about a.j styles, It doesn'T matter what you did before starting on the main roster, all those accomplishment mean nothing. All that matters is what you do in WWE and while i'm a big fans of finn balor and i'm glad that he got this huge push right off the bat, he really did look out of place in those match and i'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one thinking why is this mid-card player getting a chance at the universal championship. The match with Reigns was really good but watching it at thought that you could have put anybody else in that match and it wouldn'T have matter because he was just another guy wrestling a main eventer.

Finn as always been missing one key component to be a complete wrestlers and that'S charisma, while everything he does is great, he just doesn'T stand out from the pack like A.J. or Daniel bryan does and that's a problem because now vince is giving a chance to finn because of roman's suspension but when that's going to end and roman will go back into vince good grace, then he will wake up and realize what it just said about finn and his push will stop and he's going to get stuck in the mid-card like most small guys that are great wrestlers.

i get what you're saying but while you know that finn got drafted high and won the match against roman reigns solely because of roman reigns suspension and the fact that vince wants to punish him for it? Like either lawler or jbl said a couple months ago on commentary about a.j styles, It doesn'T matter what you did before starting on the main roster, all those accomplishment mean nothing. All that matters is what you do in WWE and while i'm a big fans of finn balor and i'm glad that he got this huge push right off the bat, he really did look out of place in those match and i'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one thinking why is this mid-card player getting a chance at the universal championship. The match with Reigns was really good but watching it at thought that you could have put anybody else in that match and it wouldn'T have matter because he was just another guy wrestling a main eventer.

Finn as always been missing one key component to be a complete wrestlers and that'S charisma, while everything he does is great, he just doesn'T stand out from the pack like A.J. or Daniel bryan does and that's a problem because now vince is giving a chance to finn because of roman's suspension but when that's going to end and roman will go back into vince good grace, then he will wake up and realize what it just said about finn and his push will stop and he's going to get stuck in the mid-card like most small guys that are great wrestlers.

He doesn't stand out? Have you never seen his Demon entrances? Balor has been one of the top merchandise sellers for months, for a NXT star that shouldn't happen. He's a been a proven draw, he's brought more mainstream fans to the NXT product that anyone else has. I guess what he's done so far in the company the last two years doesn't matter.

Just came to say, Balor has performed in front of over 43,000 people. Barclays Centre holds 20,000. He's been in a main event match in front of 35,000. Please know what you're talking about before you spout off nonsense.

Where has Balor performed in front of 43,000 people?

Barclay's hold 20,000 my arse. Once you put seating down on the ground, it will be a hell of a lot more.

NXT doesn't count as "main eventing". If NXT was SO important, WWE would schedule a couple of NXT matches at each PPV.

Maybe if you stopped riding Balor's dick you would know that.

Where has Balor performed in front of 43,000 people?

Barclay's hold 20,000 my arse. Once you put seating down on the ground, it will be a hell of a lot more.

NXT doesn't count as "main eventing". If NXT was SO important, WWE would schedule a couple of NXT matches at each PPV.

Maybe if you stopped riding Balor's dick you would know that.

Uh, Balor wrestled in New Japan... you DO know that right?

Like I said, do some research and you wouldn't sound so dumb all the time. And if you don't want to, than stop talking about stuff you have no knowledge on.

I atleast am excited for this match.

Why? Because it may go either way. That's unpredictability which enhances the match quality. Add that two guys are talented enough to steal the show. It just makes the whole match more interesting.

But at the same time, I am cautious enough to not expect too much. People were expecting a hell lot from Ambrose-Lesnar match and even guessing that Ambrose goes over Lesnar. We all know what happened when they actually fought. I am expecting it to be a good enough match as should be expected from any Rollins match. It may be a show stealer and I would love it if it goes like this.

Still Balor Vs. Rollins is a right choice for the inaugral championship match.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Dome

Because they can just call up talent from NXT instead to have the match of the night on every pay per view.

See: Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

"have the match of the night at every PPV".

Gee, you are a fuckin' mark , aren't you?

A match like , say, Kevin Owens v Cesaro, would be as good as anything NXT has to offer.

Also, I think matches that Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and others have had better matches, in their prime, than some matches on NXT, which aren't given the time to tell a story.

Are you saying that there has never been a bad match on NXT, ever? Are you saying that there is never a time where a match on Raw, Smackdown or PPV had a better match that week than anything on NXT that week? Get your hand off it.

Gee, people act like there was never a great wrestling match in WWE, until NXT wrestlers came along.

You people would piss over Steamboat v Savage WM3 today, because they aren't flipping off ropes every ten seconds, and neither came up from NXT.

I'd like to see any of the NXT wrestlers pull off a TLC match akin to Edge/Christian v Hardys v Dudleys at Summerslam.

Why will Finn win the belt when Davey Boy Smith, William Regal or Wade Barrett didn't win the WWE or World Title for England, and Smith and Regal had wrestled longer and were more household names than Finn Balor (hell, if he was SO marketable, then why not bring him in as Prince Devitt, which is his name when wrestling in the UK?)

Finn and Dolph are just being pushed to appease the crybaby marks.

I heard that Finn is trained by Albert at the Performance Centre. Albert, one of the WORST in-ring performers ever. Name me one great match that Albert has done, where he wasn't carried, involved weapons or wasn't a multi-man match?

The Performance Centre, where WWE get their NXT wrestlers from, hires Albert and Billy Gunn as trainers. I would have thought that you had to have at least moderately decent matches first before you get a training job at the Performance Centre. Are Albert and Gunn there to show the trainees how NOT to wrestle?

Triple H if he returns here at Summerslam it'll be to cost Rollins the WWE Universal Championship to set up the inevitable Triple H/Rollins feud which is bound to happen or Triple H returns only to cost Balor which sets up a Triple H/Balor feud

Gee, people act like there was never a great wrestling match in WWE, until NXT wrestlers came along.

No but there's no denying the quality of matches, and the product, has gone up with guys like Rollins, Rusev, Banks, Charlotte, Owens, and Zayn came along.

I was watching some old videos of guys in developmental during 2004 and 2005 and if you look at the new talent that came in 2009/2010 most of them didn't pan out. Like everyone had similar looks, similar gimmicks, similar characters, and similar styles. And you could see the impact during 2009 to 2013 when most of the new that came in either flopped or under performed (Barrett, Swagger, Ziggler, Debiase, Rhodes, etc.).

You people would piss over Steamboat v Savage WM3 today, because they aren't flipping off ropes every ten seconds, and neither came up from NXT.

Neither did Owens and Zayn and they had great matches in the 2 PPV's they fought each other one on one and their match at Battleground was the MOTN. In fact if you look at their match that had amazing storytelling, the way they did the finish was some very emotional stuff. It reminded me of the final moments of the HBK/Flair match at WM24.

I'd like to see any of the NXT wrestlers pull off a TLC match akin to Edge/Christian v Hardys v Dudleys at Summerslam.

So you complain about the guys doing "flipping of ropes" but say these same guys aren't good enough because they don't perform hardcore matches with spots? Isn't that kind of a contradiction on your part?

Also I'd rather see less TLC or Ladder matches to be honest. Maybe once a year but when you have a 6-Man Ladder match at WM then another one 3 months later these matches loses it's meaning and it's just going to hurt people and either shorten or jeopardize their careers. See what happened to Edge and Joey Mercury.

Why will Finn win the belt when Davey Boy Smith, William Regal or Wade Barrett didn't win the WWE or World Title for England, and Smith and Regal had wrestled longer and were more household names than Finn Balor (hell, if he was SO marketable, then why not bring him in as Prince Devitt, which is his name when wrestling in the UK?)

Finn Balor isn't from England it's Ireland. I am not from the UK but I am guessing people don't like it when people mix up the two or Whales and Scotland. Also he hasn't won it yet.

As for him being marketable. It's been 2 years since he went to WWE/NXT and changed his ring name to Finn Balor. Whatever doubts you may have with his marketability before, it's safe to say he's done very well in the WWE as Finn Balor.

Finn and Dolph are just being pushed to appease the crybaby marks.

Yes because those "Push Finn Balor/Ziggler sings or We Riot" signs are abundant.

I heard that Finn is trained by Albert at the Performance Centre. Albert, one of the WORST in-ring performers ever. Name me one great match that Albert has done, where he wasn't carried, involved weapons or wasn't a multi-man match?

The Performance Centre, where WWE get their NXT wrestlers from, hires Albert and Billy Gunn as trainers. I would have thought that you had to have at least moderately decent matches first before you get a training job at the Performance Centre. Are Albert and Gunn there to show the trainees how NOT to wrestle?

Firstly Albert/A-Train/Tensai is a good worker. He's not main event material and isn't a guy that will give you a five star match but he can work and normally has good matches for the most part.

And you are assuming that everyone from NXT started their career in the performance centre. FYI a lot NXT guys were in smaller but respectable wrestling promotions before NXT. Which is probably the bigger factor why NXT is so successful, if the NXT roster were all rookies starting their training in the performance center yes NXT would be pretty bad but, thankfully, that is not the case and they have mixture of rookies and guys that worked in the indies, ROH, TNA, etc.

I had an awful thought last night that Balor would beat Rollins for the Universal Title only to have Stephanie come out on Raw and announce that the Universal Title was the rebirth of the Cruiserweight Championship and that Rollins would be handled Raw's new world title.

I wonder if we will get Balor putting on his Demon makeup? In this build up if Balor is going to beat Rollins he is going to have to go to deeper depths that bring to unleash "The Demon"

No but there's no denying the quality of matches, and the product, has gone up with guys like Rollins, Rusev, Banks, Charlotte, Owens, and Zayn came along.

I was watching some old videos of guys in developmental during 2004 and 2005 and if you look at the new talent that came in 2009/2010 most of them didn't pan out. Like everyone had similar looks, similar gimmicks, similar characters, and similar styles. And you could see the impact during 2009 to 2013 when most of the new that came in either flopped or under performed (Barrett, Swagger, Ziggler, Debiase, Rhodes, etc.).

Neither did Owens and Zayn and they had great matches in the 2 PPV's they fought each other one on one and their match at Battleground was the MOTN. In fact if you look at their match that had amazing storytelling, the way they did the finish was some very emotional stuff. It reminded me of the final moments of the HBK/Flair match at WM24.

So you complain about the guys doing "flipping of ropes" but say these same guys aren't good enough because they don't perform hardcore matches with spots? Isn't that kind of a contradiction on your part?

Also I'd rather see less TLC or Ladder matches to be honest. Maybe once a year but when you have a 6-Man Ladder match at WM then another one 3 months later these matches loses it's meaning and it's just going to hurt people and either shorten or jeopardize their careers. See what happened to Edge and Joey Mercury.

Finn Balor isn't from England it's Ireland. I am not from the UK but I am guessing people don't like it when people mix up the two or Whales and Scotland. Also he hasn't won it yet.

As for him being marketable. It's been 2 years since he went to WWE/NXT and changed his ring name to Finn Balor. Whatever doubts you may have with his marketability before, it's safe to say he's done very well in the WWE as Finn Balor.

Yes because those "Push Finn Balor/Ziggler sings or We Riot" signs are abundant.

Firstly Albert/A-Train/Tensai is a good worker. He's not main event material and isn't a guy that will give you a five star match but he can work and normally has good matches for the most part.

And you are assuming that everyone from NXT started their career in the performance centre. FYI a lot NXT guys were in smaller but respectable wrestling promotions before NXT. Which is probably the bigger factor why NXT is so successful, if the NXT roster were all rookies starting their training in the performance center yes NXT would be pretty bad but, thankfully, that is not the case and they have mixture of rookies and guys that worked in the indies, ROH, TNA, etc.

1) So you are comparing Zayn v Owens to "Steamboat-Savage WM3"? Hey, I like their matches, and they are too damn good workers, but I wonder if their matches will still be talked about thirty years later, like Steamboat-Savage WM3?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but you also compared them to HBK v Flair. Is that a compliment or an insult, since HBK or Flair never wrestled in NXT (so then, according to you, can they be considered good workers)?

Is HBK or Flair proof that not all good workers come from NXT?

2) Okay, so he's Irish. Sheamus is Irish too, and no-one embraced him as champion (and Sheamus is one of the better big-man workers). However, I would find Sheamus-Rollins more believable as a main event at Summerslam (though still soft) than Balor-Rollins.

Besides, you chastise me, and yet you spell Wales, as "Whales".

3) Albert a good worker? You must have some magical TV which makes people who can't wrestle as good workers. Name me one MOTN that Albert has had. I remember when Edge was feuding with Matt Hardy in 2002, and at "Armageddon", Edge ended up fighting A-Train instead. It sucked, and the crowd turned on it, preferring to see Edge v Matt Hardy.

Saying Albert is a good wrestler invalidates everything you have said, because if Albert is the standard bearer to what good wresting is, then virtually anyone is a good worker by comparison.

4) Some of the NXT talent came from TNA, but then, everyone says TNA sucks and is a joke. So, that is nothing to boast about. Also, who cares about ROH. They don't even have a TV show, do they? So, as far as I am concerned, most of this talent is coming in cold, and should be afforded no special favors.

1) So you are comparing Zayn v Owens to "Steamboat-Savage WM3"? Hey, I like their matches, and they are too damn good workers, but I wonder if their matches will still be talked about thirty years later, like Steamboat-Savage WM3?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but you also compared them to HBK v Flair. Is that a compliment or an insult, since HBK or Flair never wrestled in NXT (so then, according to you, can they be considered good workers)?

Is HBK or Flair proof that not all good workers come from NXT?

2) Okay, so he's Irish. Sheamus is Irish too, and no-one embraced him as champion (and Sheamus is one of the better big-man workers). However, I would find Sheamus-Rollins more believable as a main event at Summerslam (though still soft) than Balor-Rollins.

Besides, you chastise me, and yet you spell Wales, as "Whales".

3) Albert a good worker? You must have some magical TV which makes people who can't wrestle as good workers. Name me one MOTN that Albert has had. I remember when Edge was feuding with Matt Hardy in 2002, and at "Armageddon", Edge ended up fighting A-Train instead. It sucked, and the crowd turned on it, preferring to see Edge v Matt Hardy.

Saying Albert is a good wrestler invalidates everything you have said, because if Albert is the standard bearer to what good wresting is, then virtually anyone is a good worker by comparison.

4) Some of the NXT talent came from TNA, but then, everyone says TNA sucks and is a joke. So, that is nothing to boast about. Also, who cares about ROH. They don't even have a TV show, do they? So, as far as I am concerned, most of this talent is coming in cold, and should be afforded no special favors.

ROH has a weekly show and ppvs every few months. Rollins vs Balor, first NXT Champion vs longest reigning NXT Champion. The person never said that the good worker only come from NXT, you fucking mark!

ROH has a weekly show and ppvs every few months. Rollins vs Balor, first NXT Champion vs longest reigning NXT Champion. The person never said that the good worker only come from NXT, you fucking mark!

If ROH has a weekly show, and PPVs, and if it is SO much better than whatever is on Raw and Smackdown, then why doesn't it go up against RAW, in a new "Monday Night Wars".

The answer is as clear to you as to me. Because WWE would f.... OWN ROH in the ratings. You know why, because people want to see top-class names, wrestling and production values, not flippity-floppity in some darkened, smoky hall garbage base league.

Like it or not, WWE has ROH licked, every day in every way. They have more household names, their stars make more money, have more exposure, even get movie exposure, get packed crowds (name me the last RAW where they papered the crowd), have a Network, a movie studio, a video game, merchandise galore. Anyone worth a zac in ROH will jump to NXT, and ultimately WWE. I don't think WWE has had to twist anyone's arm to leave.

What does ROH offer the wrestler that WWE can't? Only fanatical fans care about indy leagues, most people only know WWE and maybe WCW when it was around. Even TNA, who has more money than ROH, fails to hit the mainstream audience.

I never said that good workers only came from NXT. All I am saying is, all I ever hear about is how everything that happens on NXT is good, all the time, compared to Raw or Smackdown.

Here's a challenge. Name me one thing that you think sucks on NXT, and that RAW and Smackdown do BETTER. Name me one worker who was a dud in NXT, and should never have been on the show. Who has improved since going from NXT to Raw or Smackdown, or who has a BETTER gimmick, stickwork or is better in the ring since being promoted?

I bet you can't do it. Because you and your ilk like to piss on Vince McMahon's legacy, and act like he never did anything creative, and then act like NXT is some indy league in competition with WWE. NXT IS WWE. So if you like NXT, you have to give Vince McMahon credit, because if he hadn't started WWE, if he had not appointed Triple H as C.O.O., and if Triple H hadn't made this his pet project, you would be getting Cena v Orton Match 5,000, 0000. So get on your knees and thank the Lord above that WWE decided to have a Network, and then put NXT on it, so that you know about these guys before they hit the main roster. Pretending that NXT is independent of WWE is stupid, and anything you commend NXT for, is only because of WWE. Admit it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back