WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Nexus's Gabriel & Slater (c) vs. Santino & Kozlov

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.

One of the most unlikely (and humorous) tandems in WWE history, Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov, will prove their mettle when they collide with WWE Tag Team Champions Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater of The Nexus for their titles at Survivor Series.

Since uniting as a tag team earlier this year, Santino & Kozlov have established themselves as worthy opponents, but their greatest accomplishment came during the unprecedented "old school" edition of Monday Night Raw. During that historic broadcast, they defeated Jimmy & Jey Uso to earn a WWE Tag Team Title opportunity at Survivor Series thanks to the power of the "Cobra."

The Nexus originally captured the coveted championship at WWE Bragging Rights, but it was not Slater & Gabriel who earned the notorious faction’s first title win in WWE. Rather, it was the impromptu team of David Otunga & John Cena who bested former WWE Tag Team Champions “Dashing” Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre that fateful October evening in Minneapolis.

However, the following night on Raw, Nexus mastermind Wade Barrett decided that combustible partnership of Cena & Otunga could not be trusted to work as a unit. After all, Cena was brought into The Nexus against his will, while Otunga has brazenly opposed Barrett on numerous occasions. Therefore, Barrett ordered Otunga to lay down for Nexus allies Gabriel & Slater, who became the new WWE Tag Team Champions just 24 hours after that initial victory.

Though they won their titles in a dubious fashion, Gabriel & Slater have proven themselves a formidable team in recent weeks, capitalizing on the growing tension between Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith of The Hart Dynasty, themselves former champions. Knowing that defeat could result in exile from The Nexus – or worse – neither Gabriel nor Slater will be taking the goofball-and-goliath team of Santino & Kozlov lightly.

Will The Nexus continue to dominate WWE’s tag team division? Or will international oddballs Santino & Kozlov celebrate their first WWE Tag Team Title reign?

Comic relief? CHECK.

That's all this match is meant to be. I highly doubt the WWE would have Santino/Kozlov job out to the Nexus members. Even though they can probably start building a great feud with these competitors at Survivor Series, I fully expect Nexus to retail here... and laugh the entire duration of the match.

What are your thoughts on the match? Keep it all in here.

The Hart Dynasty is breaking up and the Uso's are heels so the team of Santino and Kozlov was really the only option. I'm glad the tag titles are making it on the ppv as it's important that other Nexus members besides Barrett are looking strong. Santino will be funny as always and this will more then likely be a glorified squash.

Nexus is going to retain the titles against sadly against santino and kozlov. I am disappointed how fall Kozlov has fallen since he debut. He went head to head against the best but got manhandled by an Uso last night

I'm actually going to disagree with you guys here....Santino and Kozlov have been super popular recently....that skit with the tea party and all was hilarious...Slater and Gabriel have yet to really prove why they deserve the titles considering Cena and Otunga handed them over...most likely this match will be comic relief in some fashion, but I also wouldnt be surprised to see Santino and Kozlov win considering how over they are right now...if they are going for Nexus winning all the titles, then go ahead, otherwise give Slater and Gabriel a reason to be tag champs in a dead division....Barrett is the only getting mic time...just being apart of Nexus isnt cutting it for me....they need to look like an actual tag team not just two guys who are part of a stable that happen to be tag champs, which will most likely result in a bad reign anyways...typical WWE

I think these two guys were at another PPV recently for the titles and naturally didn't win. they won't win here. They are just like MVP and mark henry were last year, oddball couple achieving nothing. And I hope nobody thinks santino was being given some kind of a push the last few weeks, that was john morrison's push and we'll wait until Survivor series aftermath to see if it pays off. Santino was there to be a part of the story but not a focal part, it's just that using him to bully instead of a guy like henry is more entertaining so thats the only reason he was involved.

These two guys are really popular right now, because they are a loveable couple of guys but that doesn't qualify them for a title run. It shouldn't even qualify them for a shot but such is the state of tag teams right now that they were the only options. I wish good luck to both guys but walking out tag team champions along with world champion wade barrett will be the nexus.

This screams talent enhancement match. And I'm sure that's what it will be. Kozlov and Santino making Gabriel and Slater look strong, and nothing more.

I would've much rather seen the Uso's challenge for it. But then again, heel vs heel is a no no. So we'll have to live with this.

Gabriel and Slater retains, for obvious reasons.

I agree with Ferbian this is just to get some heat and credibility to the Nexus Tag Team.

Santino has been on a role with his antics these few weeks and especially that great tea party so he's earned his way into the PPV.

As much as I love Santino, I have to admit watching his Cobra failing attempts and getting pinned is one of his best acts.

Take it easy on this match, let's watch the Nexus Tag Team get over.

Nexus will win and it will accomplish them being able to look strong but in order to do so they need to have a good showing from Santino and Kovlov. I am so happy to see the TT Gold on PPV so let Santino get his comedy in but then this win for Nexus will lead to other challengers in hopes of the restoration of this division.

it wud be amazing if santino and kozlov won... kozov needs to destroy people like he use to...when he was in ecw he wuda been a worthy champion and he has a clean victory over taker not many people have had that in the last two-three years...they cud win if used right at a later PPV but not right now as they are only starting to get over but wwe please dnt ruin these two lik you have with many tagteams in the last 5 years, build the division up again everyone loves good tagteam wrestling when the teams have chemistry n the teams are worth a damn!!! bring back the same type of tag team wrestling from the 90s/early2000s!!! its worth watchin!!! as for nexus they will win and win clean to prove their dominance which is deserved as they are a cool group!!!

I think that the clearest thing in this matchup is that nothing ultimately is going to change as a result of it. At the end, Nexus will still hold the titles. This is not to say that Santino/Koslov can't win, but if they do, it'll be by disqualification due to the interference of the rest of Nexus.

My reasoning for this is simply that this is the Nexus team's first PPV defense and the WWE is attempting to continue Nexus as a dominant team. Having Slater/Gabriel lose their titles at their first PPV defense would make Nexus look very weak indeed. Secondly, we are talking about Santino after all. The only way that Santino's current character wins any match is completely by accident. Even the assistance of Koslov isn't going to win them any titles.

It's likely to be a comedy spot to break up the tension of the serious story lines, which is fine with me.

I just don't see Nexus loosing here, I can see Nexus having a big night at the Survivor Series by defending the tag team belts successfully and by Wade Barrett winning the belt from Orton

Survivor Series will be the night of Nexus

This should be a fun match:
- Santino is good at making an ass out of himself
- Kozlov is good at crushing people
- Gabriel is good at making stupid decisions in his ring
- Slater is good at getting kicked in the face

I predict that the Nexus will keep the titles, but very barely. I expect tons of headbutts to Slater and spotty-ness from Gabriel. I kinda wish Slater and Gabriel would get a promo with Slater asking Gabriel about snakes in Africa, but Gabriel calls him an idiot. Not a swerve moment, but just one of "Yeah, we're friends" moments. I don't think the decision will foreshadow the main event, though.

Errr, who gives a shit? I guess its semi credible, since KozlTino is a fairly over team, but I really cant see The Nexus boys losing this, or the titles in general any time soon.

This could be the most boring match on the show. The only entertaining one in the ring is Gabriel. I never took Santino and Kozlov as a serious team so i dont know why i should believe that they can win these belts.

Should be a fun little match. One where I'm sure we will all get a comedy kick out of it. No way does Slater and Gabriel lose the titles here, at least not to them just yet. I see potential interference from other nexus members though to ensure their win, especially if Koslov goes on one of his headbutting marathons. Should be a fun little match though.

Well I'm not sure since both teams suck, so its 50-50 at this point I guess nexus since they need at least one victory at survivior series, depending on how barret/orton match plays out.Although at this point I'm willing to bet the\at the wwe would get rid of taker before cena at this point so the result maybe obvivious. Unless they make a sudden twist to the storyline but thats up for debate. I have this strange feeling nexus will make an impact at the ss team match, or someother match, as someone said earlier SS will be Nexus's night. I guess we wait until this sunday for an answer.

It's pretty much been echoed here... Santino Marella and Vladmir Kozlov are only in this match because they are the only face tag team for the Nexus, and they are the best option for the champions to go over. Slater and Gabriel will be booked strongly and it doesn't matter whether Marella/Kozlov are made out to look like shit. We all know as fans that these two are a comedy odd-couple duo only used as fillers, as well as the WWE using Santino to make Vladmir relevant again since his debut.

This will be a nice gap between the bigger matches, allowing Nexus to look strong heading into Wade Barrett's championship match for later on in the evening. Nexus to retain here, with ease.

This screams talent enhancement match. And I'm sure that's what it will be. Kozlov and Santino making Gabriel and Slater look strong, and nothing more.

I would've much rather seen the Uso's challenge for it. But then again, heel vs heel is a no no. So we'll have to live with this.

Gabriel and Slater retains, for obvious reasons.

100% agree. Should be worth a laugh or 2 since Santino is involved, but that is about all i expect from this matchup.

Nexus will retain. This could not be any more obvious. What could Santino and Kozlov possibly gain from winning the belts? So that Santino can go tell jokes on Smackdown? Nexus need to get a win or two under their belt, so my predicted win goes to Slater and Gabriel without even a second thought because Santino and Kozlov are the very definition of comedy jobbers. The fans get to see Santino be hilarious on PPV, and Nexus get a title retention that they really need. Everyone wins. Should be an ok match though and I look forward to it.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Slater and Gabriel will retain the Tag Team Championship.

I really hope they don't give this match too much time. Gabriel and Slater have to retain here. They need to establish themselves as tag team champs. Losing to Santino and Kozlov on a pay per view will make WWE's tag team division look even worse. I know Santino and Kozlov are becoming popular, but they just can't win the championships. Santino will do some goofy stuff, and we might even see the Cobra. This should be a short match, and I hope Gabriel can end this one with a 450 Splash.

I did not think we where going to get a tag title match on the Survivor Series PPV. While I am not super excited about this match, I am glad to see the titles being defended.
I see Nexus interfering to help Gabriel & Slater get the win, it seems to early to take the belts off of Nexus. Santino and Kozlov are over with their comedy routine, so I don't think they need the belts at this point.

Nexus to retain.

Why do I see Kozlov & Marella winning?

WWE are making such a fuck out of the belts that they may as well give them to the guys. Not as if any of the Tag Team Champs nowadays actually deserve it.

This is one of those matches where you already know the outcome of it before it occurs. The only reason it will last over 3 minutes is so Marella can get some "good" comedy in. Gabriel & Slater retain.

As long as the match is amusing then I don't mind. It will be a great comedy match. The Nexus will obviously win, Santino's not going to win any titles anytime soon lol. Even if Santino won the tag titles, I wouldn't mind as they are currently worthless but this match is to push the Nexus's liability obviously (and to give us a good laugh).

Don't really give a shit about this match. NEXUS has to win this Match here to keep credibility and they should have a Long title reign because there is No other Tag Team that deserves to be the Champs. If Kozlov and Santino win here it would Hurt Nexus and Make the Tag Division even Worse. Nexus has to win here and I think they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back