WWE, TNA or ROH: Which show are you enjoying the most these days?

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm a huge wrestling fan and I do watch the "Big 3" very regularity and I just wanted to see what the rest of the fans were thinking of the wrestling shows from them. Here are some of my thoughts on the current shows.

WWE- I love the 3 hour format. I'm a wrestling junkie and the fact that we're getting a pay per view length show every week reminds me of Christmas. Some people are saying "Wow, they're still going three hours." but I am enjoying it.

There were a lot of filler segments last week but hopefully they'll get better with the pacing of the shows. CM Punk is getting back to that edgier side that fans have been missing. I'm a huge Prime Time Players mark, liking everything they're doing these days. NXT is great, Daniel Byran is superb, WWE is doing some really good things lately.

TNA- I'm very happy with TNA at the moment, almost based soley on the fact that Austin Aries is champion. In my mind Austin Aries is the total package and turn on a wrestling show and to see one of your favourites at the very top of the card with the main belt is very satisfying. It sends a good message to the rest of card. You work hard, you do great promos and you will be rewarded. Bobby Roode is brilliant. And TNA has a lot of my all time faves, and just very athletic guys that can go. Mr. Anderson, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, RVD, Jeff Hardy it's a fun mix of personality and high octane action.

Aces and 8's is a delicate subject, if they do it right it can be very interesting. However that type of angle will get immediately compared to the nWo, so they have to make sure it's different and put their own creative spin on it. I think the angle has been so so thus far. Hopefully it will pick up steam and they will add more interesting layers to it.

ROH- I genuinely enjoy ROH's show from Sinclair, Adam Cole is getting a huge push after his brutal fight with Kyle O Reily where it looked like a chunk of his lip got knocked out at Best in the World. Stablemates Michael Elgin and Roderick Strong look like they're gonna tear about "The House of Truth" as they have not been getting along. This match will be excellent as both guys have the capabilty to really tear the house down. I understand there's a new tag team tournament going on since Kenny King defected to TNA, that should be interesting. And ROH Champion Kevin Steen remains to raise havok and create chaos atop the card making Jim Cornette pull out his hair which is always a good recipe for a wrestling show.

If I had to rate my favourite shows based on what is happening I would say.

1.TNA
2.WWE
3.ROH

I love the Raw 3 hour format and a lot of stuff WWE is doing with Punk and the Prime Time Players but it's really great to see Austin Aries with the belt on TNA going against a stud like Bobby Roode. So for that I put TNA above WWE for my personal liking atm.

Which show are you enjoying the most these days?

I am trying to make sure I catch TNA on Challenge TV every Sunday night, perfect way to round off the weekend.

I am loving TNA these days, and have been ever since Roode became Champion. I think the product has improved alot over the last 6 months or so, since Immortal was disbanded and more time focused on guys like Roode, Aries and Storm.

The KO division is looking good, obviously I watch to see Tara but I enjoy most of the other KO's too, and the Bound For Glory series is heating up nicely. I can't call who is going to win right now. Hardcore Justice is also round the corner, and I am looking forward to pretty much every match.

The whole Aces and Eights storyline intrigues me, I am looking forward to seeing who they turn out to be. TNA seem to be doing this angle pretty well so far, as they are with the Joseph Parks/Abyss/Bully Ray angle. The only parts I am not enjoying is the AJ Styles/Claire baby story, what a waste of AJ's talent, although it has given us the awesome Daniels/Kaz tag-team which is great.

I don't get to see ROH much at all, and tend to read the WWE spoilers and watch the bits that sound interesting. Raw1000 was brilliant, and I cannot wait to see The Rock in the ring again at the Rumble. Bryan and Punk are as good as ever, I am glad to see Booker T taking over on SD as GM, and the Triple H v Brock match at SS will be awesome- I will be watching that for sure.

I watch TNA weekly, and they've been pretty solid for the last month or so. Aside from the AJ/Claire storyline and the crap with Madison and Earl Hebner, everything else is entertaining. ROH comes on Saturdays for me, and I try to catch it as much as possible. The cool thing is that it comes on twice for me at 7 and 10. Decent hour of wrestling, but its like they try to cram multiple angles into the hour with 2 or 3 matches. Like Kevin Steen's character, and I mentioned before that I'm a Michael Elgin mark.

I am a wrestling junkie and I love the WWE and thats why I am so critical of them. I don't like fans who are critical of other shows who never watch the show and are just mindless sheep and think its cool to crap on certain shows cause of production value or certain people running the company.

ROH has the best wrestling and their storylines are getting better. The biggest concern I have is will they carry the Steen/Cornette story on too long or will the story have a few twists that won't make sense. Steen and Aries clearly are the two hottest guys in the biz. If ROH wants to survive Sinclair must step up to a two hour show and go on a major network even if they try Showtime or Bravo would be a step in the right direction. I do think the best story for ROH would be a cross promotion invasion with TNA. How cool would it be if this thing with King was all work and Steen/Maria/Bennett was in charge of Aces & Eights

TNA needs more talent not just for the X Division but for the whole company. The one knock on EB is his storylines do appeal with the majority of wrestling fans when he has the talent to perform them. The biggest problem with TNA Originals is other creative plans have been done over and over again and Bisch is trying to make those characters as fresh as possible. TNA does have the best storylines as a whole but they need stars from other promotions to try and get Impact to 2-2.5 mill viewers within the next two years

I have always loved WWE and still do. If they were to get back to more wrestling and less "entertainment" because the promos and wrestling is the entertainment and none of the stuff like Santino draws a dime. Bisch is getting rid of the EY crap and I do think when EY returns full time his character could be much different similiar to the Roode character just something different. I disagree with HHH's thought process of making chmapionship reigns longer. Only if they make sense but if you have the champion bury all challengers when its time to promote the guys that got buried it won't be believeable by the fans. If they got back to more wrestling the other promotions will fall back even further and they could bring back some of the fans they have lost to the UFC. It doesn't mean go back to TV-14 but you can have a aggressive PG show much like JCP had in the 80's. Also with the network coming at some point fans want more wrestling. The Attitude Era did have more wrestling than what they have now!

TNA
by far the best at the moment. but i have to admit that the night hogan came in and the ring went back to only having four sides i did worry. it was not hulk or the ring that made me worry. but the guys that started coming in. you had guys like flair,val venus, the nasty boyz,x pac and scott hall show up. after seeing this i thought well thats it next week there be changing the name from tna to wcw. but after a while i think hulk and eric got the hint and started to faze these guys out and started to push guys like roode and storm. since then the show has been amazing and have had some great storylines like the current aces and eights story. also i think going live has been a great move for tna. by doing this i think the rating numbers will start to improve week by week and will soon be at the 2 million mark.

ROH
starting to watch this more and more at the moment. they have had some fantastic matches and so great storylines as of late. also they have one of the hottest properties in wrestling at the moment in the form of wrestlings worst nightmare kevin steen. the guy is amazing and will continue to be a draw for the company for a long time yet. the only down side i can see at the moment is that they need to get a major network behind them and they need to do it quickly before some of there to guys leave and follow kenny king to tna

WWE
it has been the most dominant force in wrestling(see i did not say entertainment) for years know and this is where the problem lies. if there is nobody around to challange them then wwe will keep making the same sort of wrestling show that they have been for years. when wcw were on top they forced wwe almost out of buissness. if this did not happen then we would not have seen the attitude era. and we all know that it was the attitude era that made wwe what it is today. so until tna and roh take the place of wcw and ecw then we will not go back to the glory days of old.

I am to the point where i am only watching impact. In my opinion its been by FAR the best show since the beginning of the year and the ppv's have been great.

As for Raw I have a problem sitting through an episode without passing out or generally feeling like a douche for watching it (santino and brodus, im talking about you). It honestly feels like a chore to me to watch raw anymore. It feels like every week is the same show and there is just not nearly enough time devoted to actual wrestling to keep me interested.

I am also a wrestling junkie and watch all three shows every week. Right now TNA is the show I look forward to the most. Aries as champ is great. The BFG series is getting towards the end and staying really interesting. Aces & Eights is intriguing right now, but I am hoping it doesn't turn out to be a letdown. I am hoping Kenny King will continue the spark that Aries started in the X Division as well. Not to mention Bully Ray is one of my favorite characters on tv right now. TNA has a lot going for them right now and I hope they keep it up. I still enjoy WWE very much, and I am just starting to warm up more to ROH, but TNA is the one I am enjoying most at the moment.

I am to the point where i am only watching impact. In my opinion its been by FAR the best show since the beginning of the year and the ppv's have been great.

As for Raw I have a problem sitting through an episode without passing out or generally feeling like a douche for watching it (santino and brodus, im talking about you). It honestly feels like a chore to me to watch raw anymore. It feels like every week is the same show and there is just not nearly enough time devoted to actual wrestling to keep me interested.

This is yet another reason why DVR is awesome. If you record it and watch it later you can fast forward through all the crap you don't want to watch and just watch the stuff you find entertaining without spending the whole 3 hours to do so. Same for TNA, just fast forward through all the AJ/Claire crap and watch the good stuff.

I generally consider myself a WWE guy but TNA has gotten a lot better lately. I don't watch ROH mainly because I can't watch it on my cable provider and the 7 or 8 hours of wrestling I get from WWE and TNA a week are enough for me.

Surprising to me, I think TNA has been the most interesting promotion lately. There's still a lot of stuff that I don't care for, Claire Lynch for one, but I think they put on the best weekly show.

RAW has grown so monotonous that can't even watch it. There is just so much talking that it drives me crazy. More of their storylines need to be played out in the ring instead of in 30 minute rants.

I think ROH is a shell of it's former self. Talent-wise, most of their top guys have gotten scooped up by WWE. Sinclair hasn't done crap for them. I was excited when I heard that they bought ROH because I figured that they'd pump a bit of cash into ROH, and elevate the company's TV production values. The weekly show looks like garbage from a production standpoint.

I mostly just watch ROH lately. WWE just feels too childish to me nowadays and I've gotten bored with it. I might give TNA another chance.

WWE annoys me way too much to watch. I watch once in awhile, but never can watch a full show. With CM Punk and Danielson they have some good wrestlers but never really let them have a good match. TNA is somewhat like WWE light. Aces and 8's seem interesting, but I'll just read about it. I find ROH boring. Way too many strikes I don't know I just don't get all the kicks in a match especially kicks to the head. You can only kick a guy in the head so many times before he won't get back up.

Lately, I've been impressed with the clips I've seen from PWG. So I've gone back to the beginning and started watching the shows in order. I'm pretty early on but so far each show has been pretty good and from what I've seen from their boards the last couple years have been much better than the first couple.

I don't really watch a lot anymore. But if i have to rank:

1) TNA - More aggresive, better storylines, more consistancy, hardcore mathes, no linda mcmahon BS holding them back, lot's of stars being made constantly, overloaded roster, great ideas, great diva division, just absolutely wesome.

2) WWE - Used to be my fav, sadly the product has went south, not as aggressive, not as entertaining or as high quality as it once was. To many squash/jobbing matches, poor qulity storylines. Kinda washed up, oh and linda mcmahon fucking shit up #FUCKREPUBLICANS!!!

3) ROH - Watched once or twice, looks like the wwf did when it was starting out, a lot of potential to become something huge in the not so distant future.

I think all three companies are putting on great PPVs regularly but likewise I think their tv-shows sucks. Raw hasn't been good since Cena/Rock...Impact has gone south since Slammiversary, ROH just looks like some kind of public access show produced by a bunch of ******s.

Well, companies and not brands, right?

1. WWE - Although criticized a lot since we're all critics, it's easy for me to get into and watch. It's the company I first got into and it's always been easy for me to follow. Plus, I do enjoy NXT and at times, Superstars. Both RAW and SmackDown have its moments, so that's all there is to it.

2. Shine Wrestling - They just started this women wrestling promotion and only run iPPV (this month will be their 3rd month), but their second iPPV made me a fan to the point that I know I'm going to keep supporting this small company. I'm a fan of women's wrestling and it's both nice and refreshing to see women wrestle. Might not have weekly TV shows, but I know I'll be watching this more than I watch ROH and TNA.

3. TNA - Slight edge over ROH since I'm still somewhat familiar with everything and easier access. They do have some good stuff going on lately, but it just isn't my cup of tea anymore.

4. ROH - Due to this not being available nation-wide, it's harder for me to watch. One thing I really dislike is having to watch something delayed. One reason I somewhat dislike having to watch and find WWE's NXT (and even FCW before officially becoming NXT). It's something good to watch; a good alternative to have. Not as good as they used to be, but still good. Wish it was easier to get a hold of so I can watch it more and not having to watch it super late (and this even means a day or two late, too. Yes, I'm picky as hell).

Need to start getting into PWG (again) and SHIMMER. Only downside is they only do DVDs. If I had money to throwaway, I'd love to buy all their shows. Too bad that's not the case. There's NWA Hollywood, but haven't been up to date with that promotion for a long time.

SRSB nice post. It's good to check out new promotions and I'm glad you're enjoying a promotion like Shine Wrestling. I should check out some iPPV's myself.

I'm really pleased with all 3 promotions as the present time.

WWE has a lot of cool things going on right now:

Night of Champions- I am a fan of more than a few of WWE's gimmick PPVs and this is a one I always seem to go home happy with after watching. I like the fact that every match is a title match. Although they broke that formla last year with the Punk/HHH clash. This year it seems that Orton and Ziggler will have a match that has nothing to do with a title but I don't mind as much as long as every title is defended on the card. That's really what I'm paying for.

The transformation of CM Punk- I like the new haircut and at first I wasn't a fan of Punk picking on Lawler. I thought give Lawler's time to a young up and comer. However when the Miz bested Lawler in matches it helped to build Miz's persona and I think the same thing is happening with Punk. Punk bullied Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in ROH and came off like a real jerk heel and now Lawler I think it is going off very effective. CM Punk is a firely compelling character once again. I like the contrast between this Punk and John Cena and I am looking very forward what the chaotic combo of Punk/Heyman has for Cena.

Anger management and "Hug"- Hilarious. They are some great skits that remind me of the attitude days. They are really fun to watch and Kane's history of anger is great nod to those who have stuck with the product for so long. I was glad "The Hug" won the vote on Raw. They're never done something like that before and goodness everything has been done already and it was entertaining, funny and suited the current scenario very well.

Prime Time Players ready for another title shot- The belts may not be on the The PTP but I really think they are the focus of the tag team division. I think their losses to the team of Truth/Kofi were actually to put them over as champions and I really think at Night of Champions The PTP will finally win the big one and start a new era in WWE tag team wrestling which is exciting.

NXT- I think it's a great show. I'm really digging a lot of talent and sometimes I enjoy it more than Smackdown.

Damien Sandow- He is having matches with Sheamus and Randy Orton and doing well. I hear that they like him backstage and long time fans seem to respect him. I think Sandow amongst the WWE Elite is a very good thing and it's great to see someone rise to the top who really deserves it.

The Return of Wade Barrett- When Barrett came out and disposed of Yoshi Tatsu on Smackdown I was really attentive. I like Barrett because he's a character that isn't happy being complacent and is always ready to start chaos and make waves, like he did the the Nexus. A wrestling program needs someone like that. I enjoy his calculated physical style. He has great prescence and promo skills I'm looking forward to where he goes from here.

TNA-

I just like TNA in general right now- I love the roster. You got a great mix of personality and athleticm. The Bound for Glory series matches are great because pretty much everyone on the roster can go and every match means something. I am invested in the Road to Bound for Glory. I am a mark for Bound for Glory series and am looking forward to the fallout of No Surrender and the actual Bound for Glory pay per view. I enjoy the team of Chavo/Henandez they're awesome and I am looking forward to the self proclaimed "World Tag Team Champions of the World" Kaz and Daniels with apple martini in hand in a rematch with the always amazing AJ Styles and wrestling machine Kurt Angle.

ROH-

The tag team Rhett Titus & Charlie Hass- I like this a lot. Unfortunately for Rhett Titus, Kenny King left ROH for TNA. As a result the tag team titles have been held up and ROH has organized a tag team tournment. Rhett Titus being the last tag team champion in the company gets to chose any partner he wants. Shelton Benjamin is suspended from ROH at the moment leaving Charlie Haas without a partner. I enjoyed the promo very much where Haas told Rhett Titus that he didn't like him but Rhett should team with Haas, win the tournament and then they can battle amongst themselves to see who gets the tag titles. It's different, a lot of things could happen and I think it's a fun way for ROH to go.

Rhino gunning for ROH Champion Kevin Steen- Rhino is a bad ass and can still go, seeing him gore Eddie Edwards through the table gave me some sweet classic ECW flashbacks. I like the dynamic of heel Rhino and Truth Martini going after Kevin Steen and his stable S.C.U.M. Martini doesn't really want to help out Jim Cornette by taking out Steen as Cornette
dispises Steen as champion, but Martini wants the title and everything that comes with it. I have good memories of watching ECW on TNN and seeing Steve Corino and Rhino together and now that Corino is Steen's right hand man it will be interesting to see how Rhino and Corino interact today.

Ya good stuff I am a very happy wrestling fan right now.

RAW, its pretty much all I watch. I sometimes watch SmackDown. I watch TNA even less then SmackDown, I was into it but the knockouts division hasnt been the same for awhile now. ROH, I dont even think they are on TV. I do try and watch and keep up on the others I just dont follow them relgously anymore. It's ok though, because I have not see a whole Del Rio match. I cant do it. Not against Sheamus, Orton, Cena. I just cant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back