WWE You Tube

tomthebodz

Pre-Show Stalwart
Wednesday saw the launch of WWE's official Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WWEFanNation?feature=g-all-u

What peoples thoughts on the content?

As I live in the UK I'm not allowed to watch Raw/Smackdown. Which is kind of odd as it's available to watch on wwe.com in the UK. I'd prefer them to be available on Youtube as wwe.com's video play is awful.

As for the other content. I liked WWE Download, kind of like a Channel 4 program over here in the UK.

Santino's program looks like it has potential, and the classic match segment is also quite good although not all of them are available in the UK.

The classic segment is the one I will probably watch most.

Ziggler's show feel like Tosh.0 and some other shows involving internet videos here in the States. That isn't bad though, especially if they have Ziggler stay in character.

I watched one of the Ask the Superstar videos, and I'm not sure how I feel on that. Its cool to see them answering some fan questions and stuff but I wonder how they will balance that with trying to keep them in character.

When I tried to watch Santino's show it wasn't working so I can't speak to that.

The one with the Usos was interesting but I like learning about other cultures so that may not appeal to everyone

Not available in a country near you!

Right?

My opinion on one thing I'm sure of: Dolph Ziggler's show will suck!
He just sounds so bored and monotonous; he plays it off as he's being forced to do this!

Looks like those of us WWE fans in Australia cant see them either "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

I actually like the Outside the Ring episode with the Usos... they should really make that a permanent show. Maybe they can change the guest, but they should keep it based around their diets. Because usually a fan's question to a wrestler is "what kind of diet do you have?" and this is the best way to answer those questions.

I liked all the shows personally, but my favorite is definitely Santiago's show. He's just so entertaining. I thought Dolf Zigglar's show would be horrible, but it actually wasn't half bad, although he could work on being more relaxed. His voice tone just sounds so serious - if he would loosen that up a bit, he'd have a pretty awesome show.

And I don't understand why these shows aren't available in other countries seeing as how WWE is broadcast in what, over 100 countries? Maybe it's just a YouTube thing. You could probably purchase a proxy that routes through the US and watch them that way.

Quite clearly they are going to use Youtube to pilot the shows they need for the network, which is going to be a huge amount for a 24/7 network.

I am all for video diary type stuff but I would be more interested if they followed the ring crew, production crew and people like that for some shows. See some of the mechanics of putting on the show. I also hope they go with the "Where Are They Now" type show, where they do an interview with a former star.

Youtube is a good way to start, but UK clips are hard to come by, probably cos of the deal with Sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back