WWE's Top 10 Listing for Greatest WrestleMania Entrances

SickJames

Championship Contender
You can see it on the website at the link below. Couldnt find a thread on it, so I wanted to make it and discuss this bullshit.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/10-greatest-wrestlemania-entrances

These are definately not the ten greatest entrances of all time, but then again a lot of Top Ten lists are lacking lately.
They didnt even list Shawn's WrestleMania 12 entrance where he came down from the rafters which is one of the greatest entrances of all time!

They go onto list Cena's WrestleMania 23 entrance as number one, when he crashed through the titantron with a Mustang

They then list, Shawn's WM25 entrance, HHH's WM27 entrance, as his 2nd King of Kings bit at Mania, Edge's WM24 entrance (bland as compared to a lot of unlisted entrances), Taker's WMXX entrance with the Druids for the first time in a long time, Austin's WM13 entrance where the glass shattered (with Austin 3:16 on it) before he came out,
Cena's WM25 entrance
, WM 8's Greg Valentine and Honky Tonk Man entrance in a pink Cadillac driven by DDP [didnt know that], accompanied by Jimmy Hart, HHH's WM25 entrance when he throw the sledgehammer through the glass in front of him, and lastly list WM3 and WM6's Ring Carts that all the wrestlers came to the ring in. (the mini-rings)

So, I think this is a ridicilous list, I'm sure some of you will too. I want to know what YOUR top ten entrances at WrestleMania of all time are. And I'm sure they'll be more realistic than this. There are so many great special entrances and live entrances left out and even a regular entrance like Taker riding his bike down the extremely long ramp @ WM19 is better than some of the entrances on this list.
(I'll answer, myself, later)

In your opinion, which WrestleMania entrance(s) were the best? Give reasons for your choices.

I would say in my Opinion is any entrance THE UNDERTAKER makes at wrestlemania with the dead man gimmik is the best of all times. No wrestler can steal the show today in WWE with just their entance like the UNDERTAKER aka Mark Callaway. I mean when this man walks down the wring he lets you know that he is going to kick his oponents BUTT, and he is a person you dont want to joke with.

I will agree with most, if not all of the ones that have been picked.. But there is one missing.. That is Shawns entrance at WrestleMania XII.. How can you not include that in the list?

Also I would like to say, from all of Cenas entrances, it's between the Mustang and The army of Cenas that came out at WM25..

You can't deny Taker has the best entrances, you just know it's going to be big..

it wasnt really an entrance per say, but i believe it was wm 21, wm goes hollywood, muhammad just destroying the yellow short buses fav son eugene, then real american burst on the speakers, the place went fucking nuts, i say the biggest pop ever, hulk walking down to the ring, then stopped (which isnt the nicest thing to do if your coming to save a tard) and looked around, he knew it was an amazing pop, jim ross was busting his gut saying oh my god, thats my fav entrance of all time, i did like the shawn entrance though at 25, and trips always gets me off the couch

Yeah, any Taker entrance is up there

Triple H's Metallica entrance last year was fucking awesome

Shawn Michaels at 12 is #1, suck it.

Worst entrance ever is miz with his aweful, awesome balloon, god damnit that was stupid.

Nothing even fucking touches Triple H's WM27 entrance. So damn ridiculous. Its one of the only entrances in and of itself that deserved to be watched over and over. If your hair doesnt rise up when those white lights come up, I dont know what to tell you.

[YOUTUBE]13kjaFIP_jA[/YOUTUBE]

Now a guy who has many of the top ones all by himself...

"Oh my shit...He is fucking floating..."

[YOUTUBE]EGyEOGu-ucw[/YOUTUBE]

....Good thing I didnt go to WM19. Everyone within 120 feet of me would have been thrown through the air when this went down...(errrr just let the vid load and start at 2:40)

[YOUTUBE]EGyEOGu-ucw[/YOUTUBE]

Also the following one is a strong personal favorite, one I find to be severly underrated, since it rarely comes up in these discussions..

[YOUTUBE]fnqPjUPLDjY[/YOUTUBE]

Couple of dual entrances. One you likely forgot, one you totally remember

[YOUTUBE]WdMaqhSnEiQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cRTjGF41XWA&[/YOUTUBE]

One last underrated one....Cant help but get pumped with Cena tearing ass off into the different, and something that was rather unique...

cant find the vid. Fuckers, they make WM24 near non existant on YT.

Anyways, damn filthy shame some of these werent mentioned.

Also, the min cart rings were fucking gash, not cool at all. No clue why they hell they are on there.

My top 10 Mania entrances would be:

#10. Undertakers entrance at Mania 14, when he took on Kane, for the first time.

#9. Triple H. entrance at mania 21 with Moter Head playing live and the Game coming up threw the floor.

#8. Rey Mysterio entrance at Mania 22 when he came in with that Head Dress and had his Band ( I don't know their name) playing live on the top of the Building set. That was cool.

#7. Shawn Michaels entrance at Mania 25, decending fron the ceiling, almost Jesus like. Then turning into HBK again one touching down.

#6. Hulk Hogan original entrance music playing at Mania 19 for his epic feud with Mr. McMahon. That Real American song always made the Hulkster character for me.

#5. Cena at Mania 25 with the whole Cena wannabes standing on each side of the ramp waving one hand in front of their face. reminicent of trhe Real Slim Shady, please dstand up! (lol)

#4. Undertaker entrance at Mania 27 with Johnny Cash song, Ain't no Grave. Different, put fitting for the Last Outlaw.

#3. Warrior entrance at Mania 8 when he came back, by surprise, and helped out Hogan. When his music hit, it was definetly what you would call these days as a mark out moment.

#2. Undertakers return at Mania 20, with Paul Bearer and the Deadman back. Druids, fire, the death march music. Classic moment.

#1. Shawn Michaels at Mania 12 when he can down on that zip cord from the ceiling crossing over all the fans and still being so cool, like he had be doing it all his life. Great entrance and great match.

Not really going to go in-depth on the list, it may be incorrect in the way they list the entrances but the actual content seems pretty accurate. Only a few are missing but it is a thing of personal opinion, some people think some entrances are awesome and others find some others... meh.

Personally, Shawn Michaels' WrestleMania 25 entrance where he came down in the white light, surrounded by smoke and basically dressed as the polar opposite to The Undertaker; or Mordecai, whichever. Is one of my favorites for what it symbolized and the way they did it. Was actually a great idea because it was the ultimate mind-game.

Another entrance, which most don't get, won't get and probably shouldn't is Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance from WrestleMania 19. Austin strutting through the curtain with the camera following him from behind is one of the great WrestleMania images to me, with the white strobe lights flashing everywhere and Jim Ross saying, "He has earned the reputation in the WWE as the worlds toughest son of a bitch!" In a very raspy voice.

Nobody knew it was Austin's last match, nobody knew he had been in the hospital the night before. If they had the roof would have literally came off the top of the arena from the sheer volume of the reception the fans would have given him.

i honestly coudlnt care about the top ten but rather what everyone puts as number one and that is definatly hbk at wm 12 fling down from the rafters, nothing can compete with that unless they were skydiving into the arena and that aint gonna happen

One I felt that should be on there that wasn't was Undertakers WM XIX entrance, with Limp Bizkit performing "Rollin" before/as he came out at Safeco Field. How often do you see an artist perform the theme song and the wrestler come out for their match at Mania (I know DX's theme song was performed live when they came out once, but I don't remember when it was)...I loved both HHH/Takers WM27 entrance because they both had a diff theme for it, which was nice for a change.

Not really going to go in-depth on the list, it may be incorrect in the way they list the entrances but the actual content seems pretty accurate. Only a few are missing but it is a thing of personal opinion, some people think some entrances are awesome and others find some others... meh.

Personally, Shawn Michaels' WrestleMania 25 entrance where he came down in the white light, surrounded by smoke and basically dressed as the polar opposite to The Undertaker; or Mordecai, whichever. Is one of my favorites for what it symbolized and the way they did it. Was actually a great idea because it was the ultimate mind-game.

Another entrance, which most don't get, won't get and probably shouldn't is Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance from WrestleMania 19. Austin strutting through the curtain with the camera following him from behind is one of the great WrestleMania images to me, with the white strobe lights flashing everywhere and Jim Ross saying, "He has earned the reputation in the WWE as the worlds toughest son of a bitch!" In a very raspy voice.

Nobody knew it was Austin's last match, nobody knew he had been in the hospital the night before. If they had the roof would have literally came off the top of the arena from the sheer volume of the reception the fans would have given him.

Funny, as one of my all time favorites was in this match as well...Just something soooo very stirring and epic about this, and how much adreniline and respect the guy has for the buisness, and Austin...

[YOUTUBE]NuPW4rTYg6M[/YOUTUBE]

Gah. Goosebumps every fucking time.

10.) Triple H - Wrestlemania 26 - Being there live to see this huge pyramid just shoot out a ton of green rockets?! AWESOME!!!!!
TIE
10.)Triple H - Wrestlemania 22 - BOW DOWN TO THE KING, THE KING OF KINGS!!!!

9.) The Big Show - The 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania - Probably his last main event ever, a suprisingly good one, and his BIGGEST(pun SO intented) entrance ever!!!

8.) Edge - Wrestlemania 26 - Came in as the Royal Rumble winner, sick byro and stage with the sicket circular screen shotting steam, like a rocket taking off!!! Awesome!!!!!!

7.) Rey Mysterio - Wrestlemania 22 - Sick music, can out on 2nd story platform w/P.O.D. and has a SICK ASS head dress!!!!

6.) The Undertaker - Wrestlemania XXIV - This was a hard choice for a Taker entrance but probably the dopest attire and HIS main event with a Fireworksdisplay after!!! He owened the night!

5.) Stone Cold Steve Austin - Wrestlemania 13 - One of my favorite matches EVER!!! Austin 3:16 was officially established that night and it all started with a crash of glass!!!

4.) Ric Flair - Wrestlemania XXIV - CLASSIC FLAIR ATTIRE x10!!! AND EPIC Citrus Bowl Fireworks!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

3.) Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XII - You can say Im and HBK mark and you wouldnt be lieing, but the Zip-line?? REALLY??? They dont call him "Mr. Wrestlemania" for nothing!

2.) Triple H - Wrestlemania XXVII - Anytime a wrestler uses extra or different music, I feel it brings signifigance. Awesome attire, Idea and Execution and possibly the best entrance by "The Game".

1.) Shawn Michaels - The 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania - Epic christ-like intro with a realistic feeling of "this match means something". Then the Sicket HBK intro and attire!!!

Pretty much an embarrassment that WrestleMania 12, Shawn Michael's entrance isn't on there. I mean, really, that's just an iconic, classic WrestleMania moment.

I also like the Mania 25 entrances of HBK and Taker. HBK's bright, white epic entrance, followed by Undertaker's dark, quick entrance...really well done.

I think the WrestleMania 3 entrances of Andre and Hulk are great. Sure, they're just riding in on the thing, which wasn't a great idea...but it was one of the few times in wrestling that there has actually been a big match feel, and it was epic. Just seeing them come to the ring was enough to be awesome.

Miz's entrance at 27 is a nice one. The video and the giant "Awesome" lettering was really cool. And then Cena's was terrible, though if it hadn't been just so overly religious the concept might have been really cool.

I'll do a top 10.

1. Triple H - Wrestlemania 27
2. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 25
3. John Cena - Wrestlemania 23
4. John Cena - Wrestlemania 25
5. John Cena - Wrestlemania 22
6. Triple H - Wrestlemania 22
7. Triple H - Wrestlemania 25
8. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 12
9. The Miz - Wrestlemania 27
10. Undertaker - Wrestlemania 25

These are some entrances that truly stand out for me because they make you want go back to view the video footage over and over again. Triple H's from Wrestlemania 27 gets my pick for the best entrance, the use of the Metallica song and the guys with shields was so awesome. Shawn Michaels from Wrestlemania 25 is right behind it with his "Holy-Taker" parody of Undertaker. Cena has an impressive set of entrances and 3 of his best made my top 10 list. The car crashing through the glass, his army of clones, and the gangster entrance that CM Punk was in as one of the gangsters. A couple more Triple H entrances follow in his Wrestlemania 22 entrance looking like a barbarian king and at Wrestlemania 25 when he through the sledgehammer through the glass. The only oldschool entrance to make the list comes next in Shawn Michaels for the Iron Man match. Miz's video package and "AWESOME" letters from Wrestlemania 27 got him onto the list despite my dislike of him as a wrestler. Finally to round out my top 10 we have Undertaker from Wrestlemania 25 to show the hell side of the "heaven VS hell" theme his feud with Michaels took that year.

There are plenty more impressive entrances out there but those are some of my personal favorites. Wrestlemania needs more impressive entrances like these, they add a more epic and special feel to the show.

The list actually seems pretty good to me but they left out one that I believe definitely deserves a spot on there. My favorite Wrestlemania entrance is "Macho Man" Randy Savage's entrance at Wrestlemania 7. Not only is it an unforgettable entrance but it was a big part of the biggest night in Macho's career and the match he lost to Ultimate Warrior in, forcing him to retire. Out of all his amazingly outrageous outfits his Wrestlemania 7 get up was my favorite, it was everything Macho and he never looked better than when he got off that throne he was carried in on and spun around in the ring for the last time, a legendary Wrestlemania moment that is unforgettable.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgmsxo_wwe-wrestlemania-7-randy-savage-vs-the-ultimate-warrior-1_sport

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back