Yankees win world series

I like how one of the reporters said "AFTER ALL THESE YEARS..."

The Red Sox and White Sox won after all those years.

The Indians and Cubs someday will after all those years.

The Yankees were just sort of inconvenienced for 8 years.

A depressing day, A-Rod actually has a World Series ring.

I'm generally a Yankee hater, but I've always been a fan of Sabbathia, Burnett, A-Rod, and Tex, so, um whoo hoo.

Does anyone else want to punch Bud Selig? Also, how many world titles have been dedicated to George now? That's like the 5th I can remember that's been for him.

Bad year for baseball.

Right on Yankees, you guys only had to commit about half a billion dollars for new players this year! Yeah, right on hard work and determination!

Remember kids, if you can't do something good, you can always just throw half a billion dollars at it and buy success!

And this right here is why small market teams like Cleveland hate the big market teams like Philli. We grow guys like CC and Lee and then they're shipped to New York and Philly to get all the glory.

In all fairness, the Indians have had some success in this era.

And then what happens to those successfu players? They're sent to the big cities because we can't sign them again since it would take most of our payroll to keep two guys.

The most annoying part is that they won fairly on the field. They have more money, they spent more money, they got the better players, and they won the Series. just feels hollow to me.

And then what happens to those successfu players? They're sent to the big cities because we can't sign them again since it would take most of our payroll to keep two guys.

Yeah. I'm an Astros fan so we have an odd tradition of spending a lot of money on guys who are one year past their prime and then filling the American League will all-stars we developed, like Abreu, Kenny Lofton, Freddy Garcia, Luke Scott, etc. etc. etc.

Same thing in Cleveland. Sizemore will likely be gone soon, just like CC, Lee, Manny, Thome, Belle etc. Damn we had some talent.

I feel bad for Mussina. Yankees last win in 2000. Mussina spends 2001-2008 with the Yanks. Retires after 2008 and Yanks win in 2009.

Well, the Cubs decided to spend money...just on the wrong people. Give Soriano too much money, give Milton Bradley ANY money, and Carlos Zambrano a huge contract, and you have a missed playoff appearance for the Cubs. It also didn't help that we could have hired Joe Girardi and went with Lou Pinellia instead. Let's hope the new owners can make some bold moves and finally bring a World Series title to Wrigleyville!

Yay Yankees won, time for me to wear all my NY fitted caps...at the same time.
Yankees didn't win. Steinbrenners deep pockets won.

I feel bad for Mussina. Yankees last win in 2000. Mussina spends 2001-2008 with the Yanks. Retires after 2008 and Yanks win in 2009.

Sounds to me like he's the reason they kept losing..... Hey, Uncle Georgie!!!! Rehire Mussina!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back