Your mobile and why somebody else should buy it.

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Pretty simple, with the variety of mobile phones out today It can be pretty confusing on which one is right for you. Post what mobile you have
and why people should get it if they was in the market for a new phone.

I had an Iphone for a bit because I wanted to see what the hype was about. but seeing I wasn't into Ipod products I only had it a few months before
I was over it. Now I have this phone.

sony_xperia_play_1.jpg

I actually saw a thread on this phone in this part of the forum before it was released and fell in love with it straight away. I have always been a sony
fanboy. From Tv's to MP3 players, Sony is my preffered brand. and after it being a few years since I had a sony mobile It was about time I got one again.
It's the first every playstation certified Mobile and it slides out revealing a sony style controller fitted even with a L1 and R1 button.
The Camera is 5mp, and that's more then enough for me, I haven't taken a bad photo on it yet. The battery unlike most smart phones I have owned
and people I know have owned is actually quite good, getting two full days of continuos use out of it before needing charged when it's brand new
(compared to not even one day) It comes with an 8gig memory card with the option of upgrading it or even having a couple that you can swap and change when needed.
It's ran on android which In my opinion is better then Itunes seeing the same apps are free on android. It comes preloaded with a handfull of games the best ones being
Sims 3, Crash bandicoot and Fifa 10.
I have had no problems with it crashing or anything like that, It's my favourite phone I have ever had and I won't need to be upgrading it anytime in the seeable future.

The only flaw at all I can think of is you can turn your phone on silent without unlocking the keypad and it's really easy to do without even realising. But if you was after a new mobile phone and wanted something to do on bus rides or when you are bored this would be a great phone for you.

HTC Thunderbolt. It's a 4G phone. Has all the bells and whistles. - Ability to do video chat, surf the web, nothing more than any other 4G smartphone can do. I reccomend it because its under the Verizon banner and it has great service overall.

iPhone 4, Verizon.

Had a few Droids before switching to Apple. And I will never switch back. Great phone, great features, and never fails on me.

(Not paying and signing a new contract for the newer 4s. Heard Siri is crap)

You have given me a task that I cannot accomplish, for I have one of those shitty straight talk phones... that has absolutely nothing to offer as far as "new features". All I can do is text and call people, then again, that's all I really NEED my phone for.

I guess the best thing about my phone is that it's "pay as you go" and only $45 a month for unlimited minutes, and it branches off of Verizon towers so you have a nice range of service.

Also, Sparky how much did that beauty of yours cost you?

1286798336_w630_h358.jpg

HTC HD7: It's a T-mobile phone, I don't think any other carriers have if, but I could be wrong. IMO It's one of the best looking/feeling/functioning windows phones on the market. Good photo quality, and great battery life. I play music on it all day long at work and still have half a battery when I go home.

The main selling points for me were:

1.) Zune - I'm a big fan of the Zune interface, and I like having the ability to have my purchased videos with me at all times.

2.) Xbox - If you play xbox, you can sync it to your phone. This allows you to edit your avatar, earn gamer score through mobile games, and add points to your account, etc. Also any Zune purchases made on Xbox can be transferred to your PC, Laptop, and Phone. I like having everything synced together.

3.) Microsoft Office - If you're a student, or business person, it's very helpful to have Microsoft Word, Excell, Powerpoint, and One Note on the go.

The Windows phone market place is a little behind the curb and iTunes and Android offer a lot more apps. I would only recommend this phone to people that play Xbox, and use Zune.

If you don't play Xbox or use Zune, I recommend an android phone. They're is more customization as well as the ability to add memory chips. I like the Samsung Vibrant myself. I haven't used the newer Samsung phones, but they look real nice.

P.S. The HD7 is a little older now, so if you're looking for a newer version I'd suggest the HTC Titan, depending on your carrier. I think it's an AT&T phone.

I have Motorola droid2global for Verizon. I've had it for about a year now and I have no complaints other than it's not 4G compatible. The reason I got it was because I felt it was time to finally get a smartphone and I liked the fact that the droid2 had a physical keyboard because I didn't know how much I'd like a touchscreen. Everybody kept telling me that I'd get used to a touchscreen but I didn't believe them, now I wish I would have because I don't even use the keyboard anymore so it's a waste. But overall I'm happy with it but of course once I'm eligible for an upgrade I'm sure I'll get a new phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back