Your Opinion On: The Lack of Quality Wrestling Discussion

wrestling is boring at the moment thats why there is not much to discuss

Thats why you need to think about your future. Think about looking ahead. Think about your next Admin..

Think about Will! WTF! (Will's The Future - thats my new catch phrase, thanks to Big Wes!)

VOTE WILL!

Easy, posters can spam here. I have easily found out that people will go to the area of a forum they can spam in over ones they can't anyday.
Just another reason I'm for lessening the spam restrictions in the wrestling forums. I understand why it isn't, just saying.

Yup, it's called checks and balances, and if the Democrats actually had a spine to stand up to the man instead of blow a lot of hot air, then we'd be fine. Equal blame to go a long to everyone, blaming one man is just silly.
The day the Democrats get a spine is the day the Republicans actually care about the people in this country that aren't in the top 5% of the wealth in the country.

How is it boring? This is a great time to be a wrestling fan.

Yes, but I can salivate on all the possible return angles. I miss Cena, and so does the WWE, and any "REAL WRESTLING" fan misses John Cena to. But, wrestling is anything but boring right now.

I haven't been impressed lately, but i wouldn't say it sucks. In all honesty, I want Lashley to return to see what they have lined up for him.

But, wrestling is anything but boring right now.

Then make some threads about how intresting it is, instead of bitching about it. You want more activity in the John Cena thread. But why? So you can say the same things over and over again? Try going into a thread that you wouldn't normally go in. Leave your comfort zone and try to discuss something you know you wont be able to talk endlessly about.

Just another reason I'm for lessening the spam restrictions in the wrestling forums. I understand why it isn't, just saying.

I understand where you're coming from, but I've always believed in Quality over quantity. Nothing is more annoying then going to a forum and seeing pages and pages of crap before you get to anything with substance. Personally, I'd rather come on here and see one new post that's worth a damn then 200 post of one sentence long answers. Nothing is as annoying as writing a good post then to have the next person say, "u iz stoopid and rong"

Then make some threads about how intresting it is, instead of bitching about it.
I'm not a thread making kind of person. I enjoy posting in them, but only make threads on the occasions where I really want to know something.

You want more activity in the John Cena thread. But why? So you can say the same things over and over again?
I'm sorry, but I don't believe I have once brought up John Cena. In fact, the only discussion I've had about Cena was when Brian brought him up in reference to not being a good time for wrestling fans (and I disagreed with that), and when someone made a comment about a Cena discussion in a Bar Room thread, I said why not take it to the wrestling forums.

Which has been my point from the very beginning. I don't believe I've said anything about posters commenting in the Cena thread, other than to support my original point.

Try going into a thread that you wouldn't normally go in.
I go into a lot of threads. Most of the time I just read what is written, and go on.

Leave your comfort zone and try to discuss something you know you wont be able to talk endlessly about.
This has nothing to do with it. It has more to do with discussing something I wish to make a point in.

I know you create several wrestling threads. You do a great job in trying to get wrestling discussion going. Even now, I've been meaning to post in your Top Matches thread, just haven't had the time. But attacking my posting habits has nothing to do with the lack of quality wrestling discussion. I mean, if I wasn't here, the wrestling quality discussion would be just as bad. It requires many people to go and post, and since this thread was made, I've seen more wrestling discussion than I had in a long time. OneBigWill, for example, went and made several threads. Dr. Sam went and made a TNA thread about TNA's booking (which I'm surprised hasn't gotten any replies). I think people are starting to at least post in the wrestling areas a little more.

But regardless of how or where I post, the wrestling discussion quality is not very good. And, I would like to see it get better. And I made this thread to gauge other people's opinions. Maybe some people think it discussion is good up north. I just haven't seen anyone in this thread say so. So, I also, in my original post, asked what could be done to make it better. And, I gave my opinion for what could make it better, with people not spending so much time in the Bar Room, and taking a little more time to post in the wrestling areas.

So why attack my posting habits, when many people consider the wrestling forums discussion to be weak, and giving my opinion on how to make it better?
I understand where you're coming from, but I've always believed in Quality over quantity. Nothing is more annoying then going to a forum and seeing pages and pages of crap before you get to anything with substance. Personally, I'd rather come on here and see one new post that's worth a damn then 200 post of one sentence long answers. Nothing is as annoying as writing a good post then to have the next person say, "u iz stoopid and rong"
Well yeah, those kinds of posts are stupid. But they are also easily enough deleted. So, why not just delete the posts like that, and leave others that COULD make for discussion?

Again, I don't want this to turn into a discussion on what should and should not constitute spam. Just saying I think that it hurts the discussion, especially now with all these "Exclusives" drawing new posters in, and most of them getting banned in no time. It's hard to grow as a site like that.

Again, I have no problem with the spam rules, and will follow them, and will not bitch about it. Posters who come and spam and get banned should follow the rules, no question. Just saying that it hurts the discussion.

I'm not a thread making kind of person. I enjoy posting in them, but only make threads on the occasions where I really want to know something.

Then what right do you have complaining about the lack of discussion, & threads in the wrestling section? I don't mean it offensively, but thats similar to people who don't register to vote, yet turn around & bitch & moan about the President that gets put in charge.

If you don't like the lack of discussion going on, then start threads on what YOU want to discuss. If those threads are already around, bring them back, say something in them, to get people to reply to you.

I go into a lot of threads. Most of the time I just read what is written, and go on.

Again, then you're going against the very thing you want us to do more of. Contribute. You ask us to go into the wrestling sections, & start randomly discussing anything & everything.. even if we don't have an overall opinion on it.

But then you turn around & say you read through stuff, & then go on. Which means you don't reply, to contribute, because you have nothing TO contribute.

This has nothing to do with it. It has more to do with discussing something I wish to make a point in.

Doesn't it though? Its just a role-reversal. Jake is asking you to post more in the threads you really don't have an endless amount of discussion to give.. such as in the barroom.. whereas you're asking us to post in the wrestling section, dispite a lot of us not knowing what exactly to say.

But attacking my posting habits has nothing to do with the lack of quality wrestling discussion. I mean, if I wasn't here, the wrestling quality discussion would be just as bad. It requires many people to go and post, and since this thread was made, I've seen more wrestling discussion than I had in a long time.

No offense, but that completely sounds conceited. You aren't this forum, I'm not this forum, Jake isn't even this forum. You're right in saying it takes many people to go & post..

And the only reason something got sparked, is because some of us (like myself) agree with you that the level of discussion HAS dropped, & SHOULD be picked up.. so thats why "I" made all the threads I did.. but even with that, it doesn't exactly change that we can't force everyone to post their opinions, if they truly don't have one.

Again, I have no problem with the spam rules, and will follow them, and will not bitch about it. Posters who come and spam and get banned should follow the rules, no question. Just saying that it hurts the discussion.

There are different levels of spamming. We delete 98% of all one sentence posts, because they don't contribute. Someone saying "I love/hate him" isn't contributing to a discussion, its voicing an opinion.. one thats unchangeable, because you can't force, or make someone think something different from what they believe.

Its like your views on Hulk Hogan, compared to mine. You love him, I don't. You aren't gonna make me see him through your eyes. I respect what he's done, but it doesn't mean I won't forever think he's been selfish.

Now then, I've tried to leave SOME single sentence topics around, & those that I have, I've broken apart the best I could to get discussion coming out of them.. but if you really look at it.. its incredibly hard to do so, & so much easier to wait for the intelligent posters to say something long & meaningful, than the spammers to say "Jeff Hardy deserves his push, because he's worked for it."

Yes, but I can salivate on all the possible return angles. I miss Cena, and so does the WWE, and any "REAL WRESTLING" fan misses John Cena to. But, wrestling is anything but boring right now.

REAL WRESTLING fan?!?!, would you please define what you consider a real wrestling fan, and explain why anybody who doesn't like miss Cena isn't a real wrestling fan, I don't miss him, I find things about as interesting as before, the ME scene looks better IMO, it's nice seeing other people involved in the MEs other than Cena, it was time for him to take a break, and I haven't really missed him that much since he left, so I guess that means I'm not a real wrestling fan huh, I hate when people use the term "Real Wrestling fan" cause it's a bullshit term, that would be like me saying that since you don't like ROH that you are not a real wrestling fan, cause real wrestling fans like guys like Bryan Danielson, Nigal McGuineness, and Morishima, but that's not true, it's a matter of personal taste, you don't like guys like that or the ROH product just like I don't like Hogan, or Cena, it's just personal preference

Then what right do you have complaining about the lack of discussion, & threads in the wrestling section? I don't mean it offensively, but thats similar to people who don't register to vote, yet turn around & bitch & moan about the President that gets put in charge.

If you don't like the lack of discussion going on, then start threads on what YOU want to discuss. If those threads are already around, bring them back, say something in them, to get people to reply to you.
Because I try to actually post in the wrestling forums. And, I want to see more discussion there. I'm not good at making threads. I admit and accept there. But I enjoy posting in them. Let others make threads.

Again, then you're going against the very thing you want us to do more of. Contribute. You ask us to go into the wrestling sections, & start randomly discussing anything & everything.. even if we don't have an overall opinion on it.

But then you turn around & say you read through stuff, & then go on. Which means you don't reply, to contribute, because you have nothing TO contribute.
*sigh*

You continue to attack my posting habits, as if that has anything to do with this discussion. I have not once criticized anyone for posting in The Bar Room or anywhere else. But, are you trying to tell me that on a forum which most likely originally attracted people because of it's association with wrestling that someone cannot find a couple of things they are interested in to post about in the wrestling discussion areas of the board?

No offense, but that completely sounds conceited. You aren't this forum, I'm not this forum, Jake isn't even this forum. You're right in saying it takes many people to go & post..
How is that conceited? I said the wrestling discussion would be just as bad if I was not here, not that it would get WORSE if I was not here. What I said was the exact opposite of conceited, as I acknowledged that my presence had nothing to do with the overall quality of the wrestling discussion.

I think you probably just read that wrong.

And the only reason something got sparked, is because some of us (like myself) agree with you that the level of discussion HAS dropped, & SHOULD be picked up.. so thats why "I" made all the threads I did.. but even with that, it doesn't exactly change that we can't force everyone to post their opinions, if they truly don't have one.
And, I've posted more in the wrestling discussions myself. And, I hope that others will read this and decide to contribute more to the wrestling discussions as well.

There are different levels of spamming. We delete 98% of all one sentence posts, because they don't contribute. Someone saying "I love/hate him" isn't contributing to a discussion, its voicing an opinion.. one thats unchangeable, because you can't force, or make someone think something different from what they believe.
That is incorrect. I used to think Cena sucked, that ECW was cool back in the day, that smarky fans were better than others and cool, and that wrestling was about cool moves. I've learned a lot from posting on wrestling forums.

Its like your views on Hulk Hogan, compared to mine. You love him, I don't. You aren't gonna make me see him through your eyes. I respect what he's done, but it doesn't mean I won't forever think he's been selfish.
Yeah, I think you should respond to my latest Hogan post. Or go to the Flair vs. Hogan thread. :)

Now then, I've tried to leave SOME single sentence topics around, & those that I have, I've broken apart the best I could to get discussion coming out of them.. but if you really look at it.. its incredibly hard to do so, & so much easier to wait for the intelligent posters to say something long & meaningful, than the spammers to say "Jeff Hardy deserves his push, because he's worked for it."
Does leaving those comments really hurt anything? Do they not address the thread topic? Does it not explain the basis for that belief? Is it short and ultimately unusable? Perhaps. But, by deleting that post and warning the poster for it, you may have just let go someone who planned on making a major post in the Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair thread. I know when I got here, I received an infraction (which was ultimately rescinded) for a comment I made, which addressed the thread topic and contributed to the thread, simply because it was one line in length. I'm not bitter about that at all, and I thanked Jake at the time for removing it, but imagine if that infraction for a valid post had discouraged me from continuing to post (which it almost did). Was that one post indicative of my general posting style? Not hardly.

Again, it's just another thing I think could help the wrestling forums.

Does leaving those comments really hurt anything? Do they not address the thread topic? Does it not explain the basis for that belief? Is it short and ultimately unusable? Perhaps. But, by deleting that post and warning the poster for it, you may have just let go someone who planned on making a major post in the Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair thread. I know when I got here, I received an infraction (which was ultimately rescinded) for a comment I made, which addressed the thread topic and contributed to the thread, simply because it was one line in length. I'm not bitter about that at all, and I thanked Jake at the time for removing it, but imagine if that infraction for a valid post had discouraged me from continuing to post (which it almost did). Was that one post indicative of my general posting style? Not hardly.

Again, it's just another thing I think could help the wrestling forums.

Hold on a second, your bitching about there being a lack of wrestling discussion but then you are saying that the spamming rule should be made a bit less harsh and that one line comments that don't generate any discussion should be left? Your an intelligent guy Sly, surely you see the hypocrisy in that part of the argument? Sure the comments don't do any harm as such, but if you were here when I and some of the other staff that are still here took over you will see what the relaxed spamming rule got us, a complete spam fest where we had little to no decent discussion going on. There might not be a whole lot of discussion going on right now but at least the discussion and posts that are going on are of a decent quality.

The spamming rule like every other that is applied to this board is there for a very good reason and we have heard every possible argument as to why we should be less harsh on enforcing it and I have yet to see what benefit it would give this forum if we let idiots run around leaving pointless comments that generate absolutely nothing and do absolutely nothing for the forum. I used to post at PW and they had a fairly relaxed approach to spam, but it was to the detriment of th overall discussion going on in the forum... I would have to sift through pages and pages of pointless comments to find a post that was actually worth responding to and it annoyed me and ended up driving me away from there.

The point about good posters sometimes spamming as new members. Surely if they are decent enough posters they would have taken the time to read the rules and look around and see what is acceptable and what isn't? If they haven't and they spam they get warned, they have three strikes before they get banned even once, we give people five warnings before they are gone for good... thats a lot compared to a lot of other forums. If they are that intelligent they will get that we look for a higher standard of post here and it will only be the one warning they get... if they can't take an infraction because they spammed then they are no better than the ******s running around in the prison right now.

It's pretty simple, and I've said it a million times if people don't like the rules they don't have to post there are plenty of people that get the rules and enjoy the high quality posting here and the rule is not going to be changed at least not as long as I am an Admin here anyway.

Also, dont like the lack of wrestling discussion, you've got three options...

1. Generate some
2. Post on something other than wrestling (not saying you dont already)
3. Leave and post on another wrestling forum

It really is that simple.

Hold on a second, your bitching about there being a lack of wrestling discussion but then you are saying that the spamming rule should be made a bit less harsh and that one line comments that don't generate any discussion should be left?
No, what I was saying is that what you feel might generate discussion and what someone else feels might generate discussion are different. Like I pointed out earlier with Will's example of ""Cena is shit cause he never loses.". That would be considered spam on this board. But, that can be used to generate plenty of discussion. Would it necessarily? I don't know. But it could. There are several things that could be taken from that statement, things I have already mentioned.

The point I'm making is that by having the hard spam rule, it discourages discussion possibilities. Maybe not from the "Cena is shit cause he never loses." comment, but from that same person who might then go on and make a great post elsewhere.

Sure the comments don't do any harm as such, but if you were here when I and some of the other staff that are still here took over you will see what the relaxed spamming rule got us, a complete spam fest where we had little to no decent discussion going on. There might not be a whole lot of discussion going on right now but at least the discussion and posts that are going on are of a decent quality.

The spamming rule like every other that is applied to this board is there for a very good reason and we have heard every possible argument as to why we should be less harsh on enforcing it and I have yet to see what benefit it would give this forum if we let idiots run around leaving pointless comments that generate absolutely nothing and do absolutely nothing for the forum. I used to post at PW and they had a fairly relaxed approach to spam, but it was to the detriment of th overall discussion going on in the forum... I would have to sift through pages and pages of pointless comments to find a post that was actually worth responding to and it annoyed me and ended up driving me away from there.
And I post at PW as well, and feel that PW has great discussion, with many different and conflicting viewpoints with some very intelligent posters there. I feel, in terms of wrestling knowledge and discussion, it is better done than here. I want this place to grow in terms of wrestling knowledge and understanding as well. Do I want this to be PW part two? No, of course not. I just think that there is so much information by very knowledgeable people that may be missed out on.

The point about good posters sometimes spamming as new members. Surely if they are decent enough posters they would have taken the time to read the rules and look around and see what is acceptable and what isn't? If they haven't and they spam they get warned, they have three strikes before they get banned even once, we give people five warnings before they are gone for good... thats a lot compared to a lot of other forums. If they are that intelligent they will get that we look for a higher standard of post here and it will only be the one warning they get... if they can't take an infraction because they spammed then they are no better than the ******s running around in the prison right now.
I agree completely with this, and posters SHOULD figure out the rules. But, I consider myself a competent poster, and I know I read the rules before I started posting, but I was given an infraction the very first night I started posting here. Jake removed it, like I said, but I still didn't have much desire to post here after. In fact, the only reason I continued was because of the argument Xfear and I had about John Cena and Bryan Danielson, which was a carryover from the Youtube video. Otherwise, I probably would not have continued to post here.

Now, I hold no illusions about the quality or importance of my posting, but I feel it is a great example of how the strict spam rule can discourage new posters. Like I said, I made a totally relevant point, was given an infraction for spamming simply because it was not a few lines in length, and had it taken away and Jake admitted it was wrong to have received the infraction, and yet I still did not really care to come back. It turned me off to the forum.

It's pretty simple, and I've said it a million times if people don't like the rules they don't have to post there are plenty of people that get the rules and enjoy the high quality posting here and the rule is not going to be changed at least not as long as I am an Admin here anyway.
It was never my intent to try and convince someone to change the rule. I only mentioned it in passing, as one reason why I think the wrestling forums don't generate enough discussion. I never meant for it to turn into another thread about the spam rule. I do still think however, that the wrestling forums would benefit from a slightly more relaxed spam rule.

Also, dont like the lack of wrestling discussion, you've got three options...

1. Generate some
I'm trying.
3. Leave and post on another wrestling forum
I post on four different wrestling forums. I enjoy it here as much as any of them. I just want to see more wrestling discussion here, which is why I made the thread.

I don't understand why everyone is getting so offended by this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back