Your Top 5 Greatest Wrestler's Of All Time

My top 5 :)

5) Triple H - In the Attitude Era he was the top heel. He was the major enemy to both The Rock and Stone Cold, two of the most beloved superstars ever. He put on great matches, good on the mic and could work as a face and heel (although he is much better as a heel). Was in two awesome groups in DX and Evolution, and also has one of the best finishers of all time and two of the best entrance themes of all time.

4) Shawn Michaels - I didn't really watch wrestling properly until 1998, just when HBK was on his way out (thats why Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart are not considered by me). But when he came back in 2002 I cheered like a little kid. His return was why I wanted to watch Summerslam that year. Since then put on countless great matches and I can see why some rate him the best ever. I only wish he had been around more during the Attitude Era to fued with The Rock and Stone Cold.

3) The Undertaker - Perhaps the most respected superstar EVER. The gimmick of The Undertaker scared many young kids shitless in the early days. As the WWF evolved, so did he. As the Attitude Era came round, he became more evil, almost like Satan or Lucifer. Then completely re-invented himself with the American Bad Ass persona. Many great matches and monments over the years, and of course the streak. If someone ever breaks the streak then they will be the next big thing in the WWE.

2) Stone Cold Steve Austin - WOW, this man ushered in the Attitude Era, feuded with Vince McMahon and was the face of the Attitude Era for a long time. Did what we all wanted to do at the time, beat up his boss. Had one of, if not THE biggest selling t-shirt of all time, by far the best finisher of all time and is considered by some (not me :)), the best ever. Such a shame that injuries cut his career short. Delivered so many iconic moments, the beer bath, making Vince piss his pants, being CEO, saving Stephanie etc. He isn't considered the best by me though because of ONE man........

1) The Rock - If Austin ushered in the Attitude Era, The Rock took it to new heights. In 1999 whilst Austin was top dog, The Rock's populairty rose so much that by the time Austin got 'ran over', he had pretty much overtaken as the top dog. This was done whilst not even being pushed as the top guy at the time (KOTR, Fully Loaded, Summerslam and No Mercy - The Rock didn't main event one of them). When Austin left, he became the face of the WWF and became so big that he garned more main-stream exposure than anybody in history. The man deserves a wing in the hall of fame and when he is inducted he deserves to be called the greatest ever, just like Austin was when he was inducted. Best ever on the mic, Austin v Tock is my all time favourite fued, nothing more needs to be said.

5) The Rock - From his first heel turn as "The Rock" right up until the WCW/ECW Invasion I liked The Rock. When his movie roles came around I started to lose interest as he was around less and less.

4) CM Punk - Not including the buzz around him now, but the summer of Punk in ROH during 2005 was fantastic.

3) Triple H - A ring general who I liked back in the days of the original DX, right up to now. He's had some classic matches in the WWE.

2) Chris Jericho - Amazing performer in the ring, and on the mic. Full of charisma and energy Jerichos matches are always great. I also like his band Fozzy, and both of his autobiographies.

1) Stone Cold Steve Austin - The most entertaining superstar ever as far as I am concerned. Austin's had more classic moments than anyone else. He pretty much ushered in the Attitude era, and took the world by storm in the process.

I'm guessing this is top 5 favourite wrestlers not top 5 greatest?

Top 5 Favourites

5) CM Punk, I watched him in his ROH days and since then he's been climbing to the number 1 spot. I'm sure if he keeps what he's doing up he'll be number 1 sooner than later. He's one of the best on the mic, one of the best in the ring and is very entertaining.

4) The Rock, there's no need for an explanation is there. He's arguably the greatest on the mic and one of the best in the ring.

3) Triple H, he's The Game, the 13x World Champion and he's great as both a heel and face,

2) SCSA, the main guy of the greatest era in wrestling.

1) Jeff Hardy, I think I'm going to get bashed for this but I don't care. Unlike the others he isn't that great on the mic and has really been in crap the past few years but I like many others will always stand by Jeff. We've seen him come from a jobber to a 4 or 5 time World Champion (including TNA) and he will always be my favourite unless Punk keeps getting better.

My Top 5 consist of 6 SuperStars:

l.jpg

5. Ric FLair, the Icon of WCW and Hulk Hogan, the Icon of WWF
4. Kurt Angle, the Olympic American Hero
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Icon of Raw and The Rock, the Icon of Smackdown
1. Chris Jericho, the Best in the World at what he does

Having checked back on this thread, it seems as if the most mentioned wrestler across the generational gap is The Rock. It seems as though regardless of what era of wrestling you tend to favor (and you can tell based on most people's choices), The Rock's abilities and charisma transcend all. I'll admit, despite my belief that longevity must play a part in determining the G.O.A.T, I marked out when Rock returned. Who knows where Rock would place on the list if he'd stuck around instead of taking off to Hollywood.

Is this your favourite 5 wrestlers of all time, or the 5 that you believe are the greatest in the history of the business????

I am guessing your mean your 5 favourites, so let me have a think....

1. Kurt Angle

The best in the world today. Angle has developed from a hated rookie to the best all around wrestler on the planet, despite several severe injuries. He has been a cowardly heel, a goofy character, a wrestling machine, a patriot, an out and out heel and is now loved by the fans simply for how damm good he is. Angle rarely, if ever has a bad match and will go 100% all out in every match. You see the love he has for the business and you respect the man. He is a legend in the business and will be remembered as an all time great.

2. Raven

I am a huge Raven mark, as is well known on these forums. His promo work is second to none, noone can cut a promo quite like Raven. He is a genius, with such a great mind for the business, not to mention my favourite gimmick in wrestling history (the ECW era Raven). I love his style, the way he does his thing, Raven was just straight up cool back in the day.

3. AJ Styles

Truly phenomenal, AJ Styles blew me away the first time I saw him, and has kept on doing so ever since. So innovative, so creative and so exciting to watch, Styles can wrestle a world class match with anyone. I hope to see this man headlining in WWE one day, his in-ring work is that good. If only he could cut a better promo, then he would have everything. Styles is one of the best workers in the world today.

4. Triple H

Simply that damm good, the Game is one of the few top-class performers in WWE today, and I hope we see him back in the ring soon. He was awesome in DX, even better as a heel in the McMahon-Helmsley regime, brilliant in Evolution and I had a MTFO moment when he came back to take over Raw a few weeks ago. His matches with Foley, Austin and Rock are some of my all-time favourites.

5. The Rock

The best ENTERTAINER the business has ever seen in my eyes. The Rock had it all. Unbelievable charisma, the ability to pop a crowd simply by moving his eyebrow, the greatest catchphrases of all time, the arrogance and the wrestling ability. He very rarely had a poor match, and him going to Hollywood was a huge loss for the industry. I cannot wait to see him take on Cena at WM and show us all he can still go.

Honorable mentions to Shawn Michaels (what a performer), Undertaker (longeitivity at the top and the Bad Ass being one of my favourite gimmicks ever), ECW-WWE era Rob Van Dam (I had never seen anything like him) and Stone Cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back