Zack Ryder intentionally left off of RAW as a rib?

Any ammo I get to use against the Hardys I will. Easily the two most over rated wrestlers of my lifetime.

Link me, I'd like some genuine examples, I'm not watching every superstars in the hope of finding a nugget in a pile of shit.

How the fuck is Superstars a pile of shit? Clearly you DON'T watch it or you'd realize the show consistently features some of the best wrestling in the entire WWE each week and is one of their most entertaining shows. You get more in-ring action and clean finishes in an hour of Superstars than you do on RAW or Smackdown any week. Superstars is a great show.

I wish Vince had given him an opportunity on Raw. Written him into the main event and all.

All the Little Jimmy's of the internet rejoice. That is, until word breaks out (Tuesday morning) that Zack Ryder has been sent to FCW, with Youtube privileges revoked.

THAT would've been quite the rib.

I wish Vince had given him an opportunity on Raw. Written him into the main event and all.

All the Little Jimmy's of the internet rejoice. That is, until word breaks out (Tuesday morning) that Zack Ryder has been sent to FCW, with Youtube privileges revoked.

THAT would've been quite the rib.

NO ONE is asking for a main event, just a small match with a win and possibly a short promo. Wow.

How the fuck is Superstars a pile of shit? Clearly you DON'T watch it or you'd realize the show consistently features some of the best wrestling in the entire WWE each week and is one of their most entertaining shows. You get more in-ring action and clean finishes in an hour of Superstars than you do on RAW or Smackdown any week. Superstars is a great show.
Totally agree, X.

Average Match Length

WWE Superstars - 7:12 per match
WWE Smackdown - 6:21 per match
WWE Raw - 5:39 per match

I got this off PWTorch. Basically, Superstars is the show where wrestling is emphasized the most. Not only that, but it runs an hour less than RAW and there is only about a 7 minute difference in total in-ring work.

The Mark Henry rib was somewhat funny. This is just stupid. I cannot believe Vince has such a shoddy sense of humor. At least he doesn't appear that way in his TV personality. Oh well, maybe HHH is booking his ribs too.

What would be funny is if Vince screwed Zack out of his Internet Championship, took over his TV show and started imitating Ryder on it.

This thread took a serious left turn. Everyone needs to remember that it's not about whether Ryder deserves a spot on television or not. It's about the backlash he received for things he said in his self-made videos.

Someone posted an interview with Ryder who took full responsibility for everything that's transpired in the videos. This gives Vince a motive if he was ever "set off" by comments that Ryder made in said videos.

That's the point of this thread. If this report is true, did Ryder deserve the punishment? Was it too extreme?

Here's my take... Although I feel that any wrestler who goes out of their way and can think outside of the box enough to get their character over, we all know that you must tread lightly in this business. It's not wise to publicly express your disdain for the WWE's product. Ryder's videos were masterful... except for the parts where he mentioned the WWE "missing the boat" with him and all of that jazz. He could have let the videos follow their core formula without making those comments. This is what got him in (supposed) trouble.

I don't know, because he hasn't had a chance to talk to the fans in about a year and a half. And he only gets to wrestle on Superstars, you know, that show on WWE.com that hardly anyone, probably including creative, watches?

While DiBiase was given the mic for weeks on end as a solo star last year and bombed. His highlight was being on Maryse's arm and feuding with Goldust.

While I agree that DiBiase only got on television because of his legacy (no pun intended), I don't see anything in Ryder that proves he's "better than" DiBiase in any way. Not that I'm saying DiBise is better... I just haven't seen enough of either man to make a decision except for the fact that DiBiase put on some pretty decent matches with DX and played Orton's puppets very well on television.

The funny thing is that DiBiase and Ryder have very similar careers so far. Both men came in and were thrown directly into tag team championships and connections with the top heel on their respective programs. Or do all of you seem to forget when Ryder was an Edgehead? Since then, both DiBiase and Ryder have been stuck in limbo. Whether it be Ryder winning on Superstars or DiBiase getting buried on Raw, how can you say one is better than the other?

Because he's literally gotten one match on television since the so-called Ryder Revolution has begun. Ted's been wrestling on television for well over a year, and he's shown us absolutely nothing.

Like I said above, they're both in the same exact boat. Just because DiBiase is losing on Raw instead of Superstars doesn't put him in ay better of a position in my eyes. As far as I'm concerned, Ted is worse off since more people watch him get squashed every week.

And look where it's gotten him? Jobbing to Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara while being Cody Rhodes' bitch boy.

Yeah, and Ryder jobbed to Sheamus and is Cena's bitch boy. Your point?

I'm sure Zack Ryder knew the risks of making these videos when he started. It was a calculated risk, and while this was a minor setback, it also shows that he has made enough of an impact that Vince is finding out ways to deal with him. While what Vince did was really shitty, I think it's a sign that he wants Ryder to start playing ball WWE style so that they can utilize him.

Finally... somebody gets my point 100%.

Like I said above, they're both in the same exact boat. Just because DiBiase is losing on Raw instead of Superstars doesn't put him in ay better of a position in my eyes. As far as I'm concerned, Ted is worse off since more people watch him get squashed every week.

Depends what you're looking for. Ryder could have a decent career jobbing out to midcarders every week. Plus, in this day and age, all it takes is a couple of wins in a row to get yourself taken seriously by the audience.

Yeah, and Ryder jobbed to Sheamus and is Cena's bitch boy. Your point?

He jobbed to Sheamus last August. Heck, you didn't even remember it until someone pointed it out to you.

Finally... somebody gets my point 100%.

Still doesn't make what Vince did right, or even okay.

Depends what you're looking for. Ryder could have a decent career jobbing out to midcarders every week. Plus, in this day and age, all it takes is a couple of wins in a row to get yourself taken seriously by the audience.

But this still wouldn't make any of the Ryder marks happy. Nothing is ever good enough unless they win a world title. Let's face it. So this point is bullshit to me.

He jobbed to Sheamus last August. Heck, you didn't even remember it until someone pointed it out to you.

No, but I'd rather be forgotten about and left off TV for a while than to job to EVERYONE, including Hornswoggle, week in and week out.

Still doesn't make what Vince did right, or even okay.

Vince does hat he has to do to keep the egos in check. Drastic? Yes. Would I have done the same thing? No. But who are we to judge? We don't own that company or run it's day-to-day operations.

I guess it's someone every year. Everyone was clamoring for Morrison last year and it's Ryder this year. Guess I need to start my Tatsu campaign for 2012.

I guess it's someone every year. Everyone was clamoring for Morrison last year and it's Ryder this year. Guess I need to start my Tatsu campaign for 2012.

And also Christian for both of those years up until present. The internet won't stop clamoring for someone for a world title. They have no idea that if EVERYONE they were fanboys of won a world title, the title would mean less than it already does. But that's the internet fanbase for you... they play checkers and never chess. They don't think more than two steps in front of them.

And also Christian for both of those years up until present. The internet won't stop clamoring for someone for a world title. They have no idea that if EVERYONE they were fanboys of won a world title, the title would mean less than it already does. But that's the internet fanbase for you... they play checkers and never chess. They don't think more than two steps in front of them.

I guess that's because they see guys like Swagger, Sheamus, and Khali with world titles in the past five years. They think that anybody can get one. If this was ten or fifteen years ago, it would be even harder then. Look at Kurt Angle's reign in 2000. I still can't wrap my head around him being the champion for four months with the roster they had.

But this still wouldn't make any of the Ryder marks happy. Nothing is ever good enough unless they win a world title. Let's face it. So this point is bullshit to me.

I think the fact that some of the most diehard Ryder marks on this forum have come out in this thread and said that they'd be happy with just a few matches on Raw each month proves that they'd me more than fine if he was in three-five minute squashes like his one with Kofi. And like I said, should Ryder eventually get his coveted push, all it would take is a couple promos, a handful of wins, and the right story to make him from jobber to midcarder overnight.

No, but I'd rather be forgotten about and left off TV for a while than to job to EVERYONE, including Hornswoggle, week in and week out.

Ryder jobbed to Hornswoggle? Does Chavo know about this?!

Vince does hat he has to do to keep the egos in check. Drastic? Yes. Would I have done the same thing? No. But who are we to judge? We don't own that company or run it's day-to-day operations.

People with moral decency (until IC posts in here, anyway). I'd like to think that nobody in this thread would handle Zack Ryder the same way that Vince did. If I were Vince I'd do the right thing and, you know, TALK to Ryder about how if he wants to get the WWE push then he's going to have to start playing ball with the WWE and stop with the "dropping the ball" jokes. Not only would it be more effective and much more polite, but it would also be about a zillion times easier than setting up an elaborate plot to fuck with Ryder.

I think the fact that some of the most diehard Ryder marks on this forum have come out in this thread and said that they'd be happy with just a few matches on Raw each month proves that they'd me more than fine if he was in three-five minute squashes like his one with Kofi.

Yeah but once they smell blood in the water they won't stop until he's a world fucking champion. That's why guys like Eric Bischoff say that the 10%-ers don't know jack shit about the business... and he's right.

Ryder jobbed to Hornswoggle? Does Chavo know about this?!

I was referring to Ted DiBiase.

People with moral decency (until IC posts in here, anyway). I'd like to think that nobody in this thread would handle Zack Ryder the same way that Vince did.

I agree. But like I said in an earlier post, none of us own and run a billion dollar company that consists of musclehead, ego-driven workers in a physically taxing business such as pro-wrestling. I can imagine that if a 6'4" 250lb guy was bitching and complaining about MY company in public that I'd need to do something more drastic than filling out a disciplinary report form. No one could pass judgment on any of this, regardless of how fucked up it may seem.

Ryder publicly showed his disdain for Vince's way of doing things so Vince responded publicly. Stop acting like Ryder is so innocent, man.

I guess that's because they see guys like Swagger, Sheamus, and Khali with world titles in the past five years. They think that anybody can get one. If this was ten or fifteen years ago, it would be even harder then. Look at Kurt Angle's reign in 2000. I still can't wrap my head around him being the champion for four months with the roster they had.

I know why they all do it... no question there.

As for Angle's reign, it shocked me too. But Angle became arguably one of the best in-ring performers in the history of this business who will be honored LONG after his career ends. So when you all bitch and moan about Zack Ryder and think Vince is "missing the boat", remember that, even during an era where the WWE roster was stacked with Austins, Rocks, Takers, and other top talent, Vince was still able to see a guy like Kurt Angle as a real player in the business. It goes to show... maybe Ryder really isn't as good as you all think he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back