Zack Ryder & Ted Dibiase

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
The other week, me & my friend were having a discussion about these two and how they are barely used on TV, and during our conversation, I came up with this random idea of putting the two in a tag team together to give them something to do, and I've thought a lot about my idea ever since, and I think this pairing makes a lot of sense & would be a great addition to the tag team division. Both men started out in tag teams, so they have the experience there, and they have their own cult followings in the Zack Pack & the Dibiase Posse, so why not merge the Pack & the Posse for a bigger following. With the fanbases these two have, I think Ryder & Dibiase could possibly be the most over team in the tag team division today, and could get the tag division noticed a little more. But what do you guys think?

Their personalities are too different for me. You make a good point, they both have the tag team experience but Ted jr. has no real personality. He lacks that special something that his father had, he's too bland. I would pair Zack with someone with a more booming personality than Ted.

Ted is better as a heel. I can see him with someone like Drew Mac or even Joe Hennig. Joe Hennig makes more sense because they both have the lineage and come from wrestling families.

Maybe you see something in the Ryder/Dibiase team that I don't, I can respect that. Zack is pretty much over with the crowds (personally I don't like him), they just need to put him on TV more.

DiBiase needs to get over and I think the best way to do it is to revamp the "Fortunate Sons" stable from FCW...

I prefer the idea of Joe Hennig and Ted Dibiase Jr. than Zack Ryder and Ted Dibiase. Also with Tyler Reks' retirement why not reunite the Edgeheads, Hawkins and Ryder. I feel that Hawkins and Ryder would really help the tag team division that would make seven teams if you include Hennig and Dibiase as well. None of them are really doing anything, except maybe Hennig I don't watch NXT. Plus having a backstage segment where Hawkins and Ryder bump into Christian could be amazing.

The idea isn't bad in itself, but I don't think it would work. I like both guys. Ted is solid in the ring, he is just very dull on the mic, and he has had some bad luck with injuries lately. Hopefully he gets a decent push when he is able to go again full time.

The biggest problem however is Ryder. People love Ryder, he is absolutely loved as an underdog....and that is why they aren't pushing him. The WWE knows how over Ryder is and how much merch he is selling because of that. People want Ryder to be on TV and be pushed, and the E keeps making money off not giving him that push. While I think his involvement in the Cena/Kane feud was mishandled, I can't say I disagree with their handling of him from a money making standpoint. People will keep supporting him in an attempt to get him over. It does suck it has ended up that way because he is a talented guy, but hopefully as he gets older, he is only 25 I think, it will get better.

Sorry, I just can't see the team of Zack Ryder and Ted DiBiase working. Actually, I can't even see Ryder with anyone else right now, not even Curt Hawkins. He's got this Broski Gimmick going on, while DiBiase... well... he's injured. In addition, I don't have any idea on how DiBiase will be packaged when, or should I say IF, he returns.

I might have to ride along with the DiBiase-McGillicutty Express as of now, because of their connection as multi-generation superstars. Besides, they've got nothing else to do. It could work. It possibly could.

Hopefully Debiase can come back from his injuries which he just came back from in the past month, I would expect them thinking of a way to repackage him as they are sure they see potential in this kid from what we could tell from Legacy. Though this could be a good tag team I just feel like there would be better options for both men. I think Dibiase and A-Ry would be better together since they have somewhat of the same physique and size. Maybe make them have some kind of gimmick that would play to both of their strong points and hopefully at least one of them would be able to get a good push from this pairing and given some TV time. As for Zach Ryder personally I think he would be better left to singles competition and honestly, I'm still not sure why WWE doesn't utilize his talents and especially his popularity with the fans. He could easily be the next favorite for the kids once Mysterio is gone and kind of always be that mid card baby face along with Kofi Kingston.. maybe even once Kofi and Truth are done him and Ryder could team as they both are loved by I'd say a good portion of the fan base and both can hold their own in the ring.

I'm not really buying it. I like both guys but they're just not on the same page. They aren't complete opposites, but they aren't exactly Milk and Honey either. Your points aren't bad, they aren't just convincing enough to make a tag team called The Long Island Posse. and challenge for the tag team titles.

I've mentioned this in another forum, but if ted dibiase is coming back, a legacy reunion would do wonders.

I'd like to see this happen, maybe for a brief while but not permanently. It'd give them both something to do for a bit. Ryder hasn't done anything relevant in quite a while and it would benefit Ted quite a bit. Ted was starting to gain some momentum with his face turn but then his injury slowed things down for him and he has not been seen much since. Ryder would also regain some of the momentum he has lost since losing the US Championship. I'm not sure how I'd go about giving them a team name or whether they'd use Ryder's theme music rather than a combination of both songs or not.

The tag team division could use them as well. Air Truth, International Airstrike, the PTP, The Usos, and Epico & Primo are the only other teams. Adding another team, especially one of two faces with larger fanbases, would help increase the interest in the division. They would make decent choices to hold the giant pennies at some point too because Air Truth cannot hold them forever and if a heel team defeats them then Dibiase/Ryder could be the ones to defeat said team. They'd need to split up eventually though so Ryder can get back into his singles career and so that Ted's can hopefully start.

I really miss Ted and hopefully he does come back on TV soon, and I like Ryder as well. However, I really can't see them as a tag team.Honestly, I think that most likely Ted Dibiase will get a US title push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back