007 Goldeneye -v - Mario Kart 64

?

• MK64

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
256px-GoldenEye007box.jpg

The two greatest multiplayer games on the N64 take each other on in this fight to the death.

250px-Mario_Kart_64box.png

Both are truly fun games that I played endlessly as a child. I have favorable memories of both, but I think 007 is the better game. MK is undoubtedly fun, but 007 is superior in other aspects - longevity/replayability, story, impact etc.

Really a tough match-up here. Both are on an equal field in the fun factor, but when you talk about technical merits, 007 shines above MK.

I LOVE both games to this day so I'm voting purely on personal preference and because of that I vote 007.

I played both all the time with friends or by myself but 007 has more fond memories attached to it. I remember staying at my friends house as a child and just playing it well into the night and it would never get old. Seeing how my friend lived down the street this became a weekly thing and it was one of the best times of my childhood. We actually played MK as well but we always went back to 007.

Goldeneye all the way here , I loved the living crap out of that game back when but Mario Kart was just regular levels of good

Those rocket launchers laser guns laser mines , really fun multiplayer & a good and compelling single player story mode and all of that stuff as I recall one of my favorite games ever

Voted Goldeneye here. I played the living Jesus out of both games as a kid, both alone and with my friends. What I've noticed, however, is that my friends and I enjoyed playing 007 just a little bit more than Mario Kart 64. MK64 was really a great game to play, but Goldeneye's multiplayer, weapons, campaign (and of course the cheat codes...love paintball mode) are far superior to MK.

Not really much else to say.

Going with MK. I make it no secret how much disdain I have for FPS games as only a select few are entertaining to me. Goldeneye was a very fun game at the time it was released but like nearly every FPS, it got boring. Yes, it helped revolutionize the genre and gave us a multiplayer mode unlike any other at the time, but it was not as fun as MK. MK is still one of the easiest games to play and it has withstood the test of time. It's just mindless, awesome fun and that's what makes it better to Goldeneye in my eyes.

Reactions: Lee
About a month ago I actually bought an N64 USB cord and a cheap N64 controller. The first two games I downloaded were none other than Goldeneye and Mario Kart.

These are two of the funnest games ever created, without a doubt. However, Mario Kart loses its appeal after you play it by yourself for a while. It's a game that needs to be played with friends. Whereas with Goldeneye, you pick any mission and have a good time, plus its Multiplayer is fun as fuck as well.

So that's ultimately why I voted for Goldeneye. Both games are favorites of mine, but Goldeneye is one of those rare games where I can play it at any given time and entertain myself for a half an hour or so.

Both of these games hold a special place in my heart; but if you're putting the gun to my head I gotta go with Goldeneye. As jmt stated above, Goldeneye had so much more single player replay value, especially if you enjoyed unlocking cheats, which in turn opens up a door for even more replay value.

The reigning champion goes out to Mario Kart 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back