2005-2010. Aka the fourtunate four era.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
After lesnar left, the company was in desperate need of star power. They had to rush and build up new stars.
Batista, Edge, Cena, and orton, Those are the 4 guys the company was built around for the next 6 years,

Let’s start with Batista shall we? Batista was a guy that the company had no plans for the only reason he got the push was because orton was failing so bad as a babyface and they had to find someone else to face hhh at wrestlemania, so basically triple h made his career. When Batista was drafted to Smackdown his popularity was never quite the same, the reason why Batista was so over in 05 was because people hated triple h so much. He wasn’t a great worker, his promos were awkward, he didn’t have much charisma, overall Batista was just bleh.

John Cena. Not gonna go in depth on this because we all know why Cena got his big push it was because lesnar left and the company felt comfortable pushing him because they knew he wasn’t going anywhere. We all know the John Cena era was a nightmare business and viewership steadily declined with him at the top. He couldn’t tell an in ring story to save his life and he still can’t. Oh he’s for the kids right? Yeah but when he was on television this was the same guy that would sometimes say bitch, ass, and make fat jokes, and don’t even get me started on the merchandise stuff, and how many people he’s played politics on.

Randy Orton. The company tried so hard to not even cram but literally force this guy down your throats especially in 2004. He beats Beniot? the fuck did he do to get a title shot so early? then the company turns him babyface and he flops. Now I’ll admit his legend killer gimmick was okay. But he’s one of the most boring and undeserving champions in wwe history there’s been shows were he’s main evented where half the damn venues are tarped off, and you can sit there and say well yeah Beniot was boring and yeah I’ll agree but Beniot was a Miles better worker, Then the propaganda of the company to hype this bum up as if he’s an all time great? His matches are literally the same every damn time. Not to mention his awful feuds with kofi and Christian were he just Had to dominate and go over. Oh and let’s not forget he loves to talk shit and get people fired that are more talented then him just look at mr kennedy for example. And how dumb and stupid legacy was and how he ultimately buried Rhodes and ted, the faction was all about him and don’t even get me started on some of the other garbage he’s been involved in over the years especially with him and Cena main eventing every damn ppv.

Edge: edge is probably the most talented out of the bunch Not alot of negative things to say about him although is in ring work at times was sloppy, and I didn’t like his gimmick the ultimate oppertunist where he can just come out and win the world title a billon times. But edge was okay just okay. Not amazing but okay.

Last edited:
I think these 4 did a pretty exceptional job carrying the product post Attitude Era all things considered. When your replacing Austin, Rock, HHH, Angle, & Undertaker as the primary top of the card there was no way to expect anything but a subtle letdown. Cena and Batista have both become cross over stars, Edge was a solid multi-time world champion and great heel. And Orton is still solid as he goes into the end of a great career as well. I believe 2 things held these 4 back a bit. First it was obvious WWE didn't want to create stars like Austin, Rock, etc.. anymore as they were becoming bigger than the brand itself. Vince doesn't want his superstars to be so big that if they left it would catastrophically damage the product. And secondly they were annointed and WWE really struggled to allow others to challenge them for their place on the mountain top. The fans clearly got behind Punk, D. Bryan, etc.. but WWE did the crazy slow burn on those 2 and others because they had there pecking order and weren't going to let the fans sway that in the least at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back