My top 5 most overrated wrestlers of all time.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
#5. Chris Jericho (note from 1999-2005). While I respect Jericho now and he’s grown on me I still have him on this list simply because he was absolutely terrible when it came to mic skills during his first run in the wwf and I found him to be extremely annoying I didn’t care for him as a heel or face, When Jericho came back in 2007/2008. I don’t know what happened maybe he went to acting classes or something because he was brilliant as a heel during his feud with Shawn Michaels the whole honest man gimmick was amazing and the short hair suited him better (no homo) so Jericho won me over but I still gotta include him on this list.

#4. Triple h. He was only good when he was working with the guy.. the wwf tried so hard to put this guy on the same level as the rock or stone cold and it was pathetic.. he was a good wrestler I’ll give him that.. but his matches were very boring and his promos were boring as well.

#3. Goldberg. Simple just a guy that got by because of his look.. he wasn’t a great wrestler and was never passionate about the business he was just a guy in it for the money.

#2. Randy Orton. Possibly the most boring and undeserving champion not just in wwe history but in the history of wrestling.. this guy is just plain doo doo he has no real charisma, no real mic skills, his matches are boring.. he’s just a total suck machine.

#1. John Cena. The most overrated and overpushed wrestler in history.. it’s amazing that watching this guy after so many years that he still can’t tell an in ring story, while he has more charisma then randy.. Cena comes across as corny and phoney, the wwe and Cena himself tried everything to get this guy over during his decade of doom wether it was exploiting troops or even sick cancer patients. He’s also the most protected guy in the company’s history whenever he loses it’s always an excuse and he rarely loses clean unless it’s to a guy like triple h of course. This guy turned so many people away from the business he’s one of the biggest reasons for the company’s decline... when he was on top audiences and viewership slowly declined.

Honorable mentions.

Cm punk. While he was a great talent he wasn’t as great as people made him out to be he had his flaws.

Batista. Just not a good worker and had no charisma.

Jbl. awful wrestler and annoying on the mic.

Bray Wyatt. Same promos and always boring.

Jeff hardy. No real moveset. all he was was a highflyer.

Dolph Ziggler. No charisma, and an average worker.

I disagree with your list. I'll give you Goldberg, you might as well put Brock Lesnar on there too. Triple H was over big time as a heel (though i do agree he wouldn't have gotten his major push if not for backstage deals), but John Cena #1 most overrated wrestler of all time? Good Lord, I think he is top 5, top 10 at worst greatest on the mic, and he could wrestle as well. Jericho is amazing. Orton i'll give you. Nice look and devastating finisher, but nothing stands out about him that makes you go WHOA.

#5 Cody Rhodes - I don't get the current hype. He's still the same performer he was in WWE but just treated different in new surroundings.

#4 UT - he's done some great things but he's also spent a lot of his career being not that entertaining and the last part being a bore that is hard to watch.

#3 Bray Wyatt - his original character never went anywhere. His promos got stale and repetitive. His in ring stuff hasn't blown me away that much. I'm hoping for better things from him going forward. Maybe this opinion is not consistent with his current rating.

#2 Roman - fans have entered Stockholm Syndrome territory. We have given up hating him. It's time to start hating again. He is not that entertaining or charismatic.

#1 Bret Hart - Canadians are some of the nicest people in the world. They are too nice when it comes to Bret. He bored me to no end and helped squash my interest in WWE for awhile.

Honorable mention to HHH.

Here's mine.

#5 - Finn Balor - The guy can't talk. He has absolutely no charisma. I haven't seen him execute a single wrestling hold since he's been in the WWE. He doesn't do anything but kicks and literally anyone can do that. I have no idea why he's pushed beyond jobber status at all. The demon is cool, though.

#4 - Sami Zayn - Unlike Balor, Zayn does have charisma, but the guys a fucking clown. The guy isn't talented enough to rise about mid-carder status and I'm glad WWE is keeping him there. But his fanbase is filled with toxic manchildren. Zayn literally looks like a fucking cab driver that WWE hauled in off the streets to wrestle. He reminds me of the guy Hogan beat in his WWE debut. And yet he's treated like some big deal when he's not.

#3 - Apollo Crews - Why does this guy still have a job? He's one of the most boring performers I've seen in the last 20 years. Shelton Benjamin had like 10x the talent this guy does and Shelton was shit. Titus is a underrated treasure and even he couldn't make this guy look good.

#2 - John Morrison - I am so incredibly thankful this guy doesn't work for the WWE anymore because he was atrocious. Couldn't work. Couldn't talk. Couldn't do anything besides be a spot monkey wrestling that garbage Indy style. Starship Pain looked cool the first five times he executed it but after that it was meh.

#1 - Dolph Ziggler - Flopping around like a fish after every bump is not good selling. The dude comes out in pink tights gyrating his ass and people think that cool? What the fuck. Shawn could get away with stuff like that because the guy was a dick and made sure everyone knew it. Dolph can't pull off the Shawn Michaels gimmick, so why has WWE insisted on pushing this guy like Billy Gunn fell into a dryer and came out smaller and gayer is beyond me.

Had to do 6, couldn't list just 5.

6 - Roman Reigns: Next to The Great Khaki, the worst ring worker to ever be a World Champion in WWE. He can't put a match together to save his life, gets gassed quicker than anyone else in the business, and even the greatest stars in WWE history can't get more than a mediocre match out of him.

5 - Sami Zayn: Dull, generic, boring, in literally every way. He can't talk, can't wrestle, and has the charisma of a cardboard cutout.

4 - Dean Ambrose: The guy looks like a pedophile lurking at the local playground, his offense wasn't believable, his promos were absolute crap, and the fact that he rose above the midcard was an insult to the rest of the roster.

3 - Stone Cold: He had miles and miles of charisma, but his in-ring work is laughably overrated. He was a mediocre worker on his best night, and could only work great matches when paired with superior wrestlers like HBK, Hart, HHH, and The Rock.

2 - Bray Wyatt: Possibly the worst promo guy in wrestling history. His promos were not only laughably bad, they were as incomprehensible as the Ultimate Warrior's, and as repetitive as Road Dogg's. In addition, he's a terrible ring worker who can't get over no matter how many top stars were forced to try to raise him up.

1 - Shinsuke Nakamura: I've never seen anyone so absolutely horrid treated like they're the second coming of Shawn Michaels. Nakamura's entire arsenal of offense consists of horrible-looking kicks and strikes, a handful of suplexes he can't even do properly, and attacks on the genitals. But his lack of in-ring ability pales in comparison to his issues with charisma. Nakamura's definition of "charisma" appears to be making derpface, shaking like he's having an epileptic seizure, and rubbing his crotch. There's nobody in WWE history as ungodly awful in every aspect of professional wrestling as Shinsuke Nakamura.

Here's mine.

#5 - Finn Balor - The guy can't talk. He has absolutely no charisma. I haven't seen him execute a single wrestling hold since he's been in the WWE. He doesn't do anything but kicks and literally anyone can do that. I have no idea why he's pushed beyond jobber status at all. The demon is cool, though.

#4 - Sami Zayn - Unlike Balor, Zayn does have charisma, but the guys a fucking clown. The guy isn't talented enough to rise about mid-carder status and I'm glad WWE is keeping him there. But his fanbase is filled with toxic manchildren. Zayn literally looks like a fucking cab driver that WWE hauled in off the streets to wrestle. He reminds me of the guy Hogan beat in his WWE debut. And yet he's treated like some big deal when he's not.

#3 - Apollo Crews - Why does this guy still have a job? He's one of the most boring performers I've seen in the last 20 years. Shelton Benjamin had like 10x the talent this guy does and Shelton was shit. Titus is a underrated treasure and even he couldn't make this guy look good.

#2 - John Morrison - I am so incredibly thankful this guy doesn't work for the WWE anymore because he was atrocious. Couldn't work. Couldn't talk. Couldn't do anything besides be a spot monkey wrestling that garbage Indy style. Starship Pain looked cool the first five times he executed it but after that it was meh.

#1 - Dolph Ziggler - Flopping around like a fish after every bump is not good selling. The dude comes out in pink tights gyrating his ass and people think that cool? What the fuck. Shawn could get away with stuff like that because the guy was a dick and made sure everyone knew it. Dolph can't pull off the Shawn Michaels gimmick, so why has WWE insisted on pushing this guy like Billy Gunn fell into a dryer and came out smaller and gayer is beyond me.

When did Vince Russo become a Wrestlezone.com member?

Yeah never put Cena in there..The only 5 star rated match WWE has is Cena vs Punk..and
Jericho is the only wrestler who has fared equally in every era of pro wrestling since his debut..He also had some amazing matches throughout and mic skills second to none .
To me these two should be added to top 5 by the time they retire..

People just don’t read... Jericho has earned my respect nowadays I’ve warmed up to him but I still have to put him on the list just because his mic skills were atrocious during his first wwf/e run.

And cm punk and John Cena was overrated the crowd made that match and Cena got carried like always.

Not a fan of calling things overrated. It's a trump card played only by people who find themselves in the minority and want their criticism to eclipse the majority's enjoyment of things.

That said, there are definitely guys wrestling fans around here love and I don't share that view.

5. Chris Benoit. He was a main eventer but played second banana to a guy pretending to be ******ed. There's no getting around that. Clearly wasn't that great even before he went to Hell.

4. Finn Balor. NXT did a good job covering up how average he is in the ring and on the mic compared to the rest of the midcard talent. He became the great straight savior of the gay community too and that was garbage.

3. Bobby Roode. I didn't care for him in TNA outside of Beer Money and now he's stuck with the jobber gimmick of imitating a past great wrestler. Better than just a guy that likes his theme song I guess.

2. The Usos. They can't escape stereotypical gimmicks and now do the superkicky Young Bucks thing. That and WWE has had them wrestle every show it seems for the past 9 years. You've seen one Uso match, you've seen them all. Speaking of-

1. Young Bucks. I honestly think they're very good workers but they have 20+ minute slugfests and I just don't get excited for long matches. I just want to be entertained. Tag team matches going longer than an episode of The Office just isn't my bag.

#5. Chris Jericho (note from 1999-2005). While I respect Jericho now and he’s grown on me I still have him on this list simply because he was absolutely terrible when it came to mic skills during his first run in the wwf and I found him to be extremely annoying I didn’t care for him as a heel or face, When Jericho came back in 2007/2008. I don’t know what happened maybe he went to acting classes or something because he was brilliant as a heel during his feud with Shawn Michaels the whole honest man gimmick was amazing and the short hair suited him better (no homo) so Jericho won me over but I still gotta include him on this list.

#4. Triple h. He was only good when he was working with the guy.. the wwf tried so hard to put this guy on the same level as the rock or stone cold and it was pathetic.. he was a good wrestler I’ll give him that.. but his matches were very boring and his promos were boring as well.

#3. Goldberg. Simple just a guy that got by because of his look.. he wasn’t a great wrestler and was never passionate about the business he was just a guy in it for the money.

#2. Randy Orton. Possibly the most boring and undeserving champion not just in wwe history but in the history of wrestling.. this guy is just plain doo doo he has no real charisma, no real mic skills, his matches are boring.. he’s just a total suck machine.

#1. John Cena. The most overrated and overpushed wrestler in history.. it’s amazing that watching this guy after so many years that he still can’t tell an in ring story, while he has more charisma then randy.. Cena comes across as corny and phoney, the wwe and Cena himself tried everything to get this guy over during his decade of doom wether it was exploiting troops or even sick cancer patients. He’s also the most protected guy in the company’s history whenever he loses it’s always an excuse and he rarely loses clean unless it’s to a guy like triple h of course. This guy turned so many people away from the business he’s one of the biggest reasons for the company’s decline... when he was on top audiences and viewership slowly declined.

Honorable mentions.

Cm punk. While he was a great talent he wasn’t as great as people made him out to be he had his flaws.

5.Jericho used to be one of my favourites, but his act grew tired, and I am over the guy these days, running down WWE on his podcasts. He has gotten too big for himself.

But I did love his work with HBK.

4. Up to halfway to 2001, Triple H put on some of the best matches in WWE, but he then did his quad, and put on heaps of muscle, and relied on boring promos, boring matches, and using his backstage stroke to look good in the ring, rather than actually wrestle great matches. His matches in 2000 were his best work.

3. Agree with you. But, like another guy said here, you could say the same about Brock Lesnar.

2. I think you are a bit harsh on Orton, but it has certainly helped him that he was "Cowboy" Bob Orton's son (who himself was overrated, when all "Ace" did was be Piper's bodyguard and bagcarrier).

1. John Cena- So, you are one of those people.

I have noticed a new groundswell of running down John Cena again, despite him not being on TV for the last year (so he is not winning titles, cutting promos, taking up TV time or burying anyone).

Is it that you all can't hate on Roman now that he has overcome cancer, that you have to turn your hate to Cena again?

Had to do 6, couldn't list just 5.

6 - Roman Reigns: Next to The Great Khaki, the worst ring worker to ever be a World Champion in WWE. He can't put a match together to save his life, gets gassed quicker than anyone else in the business, and even the greatest stars in WWE history can't get more than a mediocre match out of him.

5 - Sami Zayn: Dull, generic, boring, in literally every way. He can't talk, can't wrestle, and has the charisma of a cardboard cutout.

4 - Dean Ambrose: The guy looks like a pedophile lurking at the local playground, his offense wasn't believable, his promos were absolute crap, and the fact that he rose above the midcard was an insult to the rest of the roster.

3 - Stone Cold: He had miles and miles of charisma, but his in-ring work is laughably overrated. He was a mediocre worker on his best night, and could only work great matches when paired with superior wrestlers like HBK, Hart, HHH, and The Rock.

2 - Bray Wyatt: Possibly the worst promo guy in wrestling history. His promos were not only laughably bad, they were as incomprehensible as the Ultimate Warrior's, and as repetitive as Road Dogg's. In addition, he's a terrible ring worker who can't get over no matter how many top stars were forced to try to raise him up.

1 - Shinsuke Nakamura: I've never seen anyone so absolutely horrid treated like they're the second coming of Shawn Michaels. Nakamura's entire arsenal of offense consists of horrible-looking kicks and strikes, a handful of suplexes he can't even do properly, and attacks on the genitals. But his lack of in-ring ability pales in comparison to his issues with charisma. Nakamura's definition of "charisma" appears to be making derpface, shaking like he's having an epileptic seizure, and rubbing his crotch. There's nobody in WWE history as ungodly awful in every aspect of professional wrestling as Shinsuke Nakamura.

"Next to the Great Khali, Roman Reigns is the worst in-ring worker to be WWE Champion".

Batista says "Hello". JBL might also say "Hello".

Dean Ambrose- "Looks like a paedophile lurking at the local playground". LOL

Renee must go for the "homeless" look.

Stone Cold- Also, don't forget his treatment of women.

Shinsuke Nakamura- Careful. Dagger Dias will mod you and accuse you of being a racist (he did that to me after I made a constructive criticism of Shinsuke).

Here's my list

6 The Young Bucks:- Rip-offs of The Rockers, The Hardy Boys, The Midnight Express and The Rock 'N Roll Express. Seen it before.

5 The Revival- Who cares about these guys. They are a dime-a-dozen team, with something to make them stand out. If I was Vince, I would let them go to AEW.

4 Dolph Ziggler- Good worker, chronically underutitlised, but the way people go on about him, saying he is the second coming of Shawn Michaels, saying he should have headlined Wrestlemania etc.

3 Batista- Got a Wrestlemania main event and WWE belt before his time, and rode the coattails of other members of Evolution, who could outwrestle him.

He was just another generic muscle man who knew how to look intense. I can't remember a memorable match of his.

2 Kevin Nash- Never has such a talented hack got as far as he did due to his size and connections in the business. Has buried most people he has worked with.

1 Brock Lesnar- The most undeserving, most ungrateful POS human being to ever enter the ring. Never has so much been given to someone who doesn't care about the business, and gets paid more for doing less. Never has someone being able to make Vince McMahon his bitch like Brock does.

Besides that, he is poor in the ring, has a voice of a ******ed six-year-old girl, and is reckless to his opponents, causing actual injuries, and not being sorry about it.

I wish Brock would just piss off forever.

People just don’t read... Jericho has earned my respect nowadays I’ve warmed up to him but I still have to put him on the list just because his mic skills were atrocious during his first wwf/e run.

And cm punk and John Cena was overrated the crowd made that match and Cena got carried like always.

"Jericho has earned my respect nowadays"

Is that since he left the "evil" WWE, trashed them on his podcasts and has now joined AEW?

Chris Jericho, very entertainment
o.png

Here my list

5. diesel/kevin nash: Nothing against him but i never got what was the big deal with him.

4. Lex luger: Same as nash. Had a lot of talent but never got why he got push to the main event.

3.Buff bagwell: loved the gimmick but was put to in a position that he didn't need to be in

2. The young bucks: 2 guys that have been able to make a career out of being cool. In any other era, these guys would be curtain jerkers.

1. Kenny omega: same as the bucks. Here a guy, that being able to make a career out of being able to do cool stuff and again would be a curtain jerker in any other era.

1, Top of my list has to be CM Punk, He comes across to me as just whiny and boring, Never understood why he was given the world title for so long.

2, Second on my list would be a British wrestler by the name of Big Daddy, With so much talent in the UK during that time like Davey Smith, Dynamite Kid, Fit Finlay, William Regal, Mark Rocco, Chris Adams and even Giant Haystacks, Even as a young child it confused me why they made this old overweight unfit guy the champion and face of the company, With such a great under card the guy ruined it with such a poor main event to the point where they cancelled all wrestling from UK TV after about 30 years of excellent ratings because this Big Daddy guy was the promoters brother.

3, Dean Ambrose, I always thought he was by far the least talented member of the shield and can't say I have ever seen a great match from him.

4, Kenny Omega, admittedly I have only seen a couple of his matches but I heard such great things about him specifically from the internet, but what I seen was nothing special and was left disappointed after such a build up as the greatest of all time sort of level.

5, Randy Orton, I struggled to think of a fifth and I did enjoy Ortons work at first as the legend killed but since then his work has been boring which happens to be the majority of his career.

Had my list deleted by a security error, so phooey, here goes without explanation.

#5. RVD

#4. SID

#3. Christian

#2. Alberto Del Rio

#1. Otto Wanz

in no order my most over rated is

HULK HOGAN - people shit on cena and roman (including me ) but come on no one is worse than this guy couldnt go in the ring at all and like brock only cared about himself the guy before all the racist stuff was a scumbag and since is a scumbag. He was a big part of what broke WCW and he went and destroyed TNA aswell the guy should be banned from anything to do with wrestling

BROCK LESNER - the guy is just terrible he is lazy terrible in the ring even though if he tried like he use to is a very good in ring worker but just cant be bothered, legitly hurts people nearly dropped rey son no shows and gets away with it the guy litrally must have some dirt on vince or there dating nothing else explains it

ALBERTO DEL RIO - like someone else sais this guy is just aweful no mic skills bad attiutude he just sucks

GREAT KHALI/JINDAR MAHAL - i litrally treat this two as the same both had no ability no promo skills were simply pushed just for the indian viewship

REY MYSTERIO - i know ill get a tonne of hate for this but the guy sucked beyond his WCW days why because they didnt try and make me believe that some school kid could beat big show kane etc you want to have rey put him with the lightweights/205 otherwise your just taking the piss out of us i dont belive he could stand in the ring with 90% of the roster and should never have been allowed to hold a world title

Rey Mysterio due to the fact that I don't really get his character or personality, he does not seem to have any charisma or mic skills, he's also very annoying, WWE pushed him FAR too hard years ago and I still don't know why.

Randy Orton 2007-2010, what the hell were WWE thinking pushing this guy as hard as they did? he was super boring throughout this time, they hyped him like the greatest heel of all time until he turned on Legacy and turned face, which I thought was when be began to improve, 2 and a half years this guy was pushed constantly and almost shoved down our throats weekly.

Batista: christ, this guy was truly overhyped, the time wwe were pushing him until about 2010, he had the weirdest, most lacking and found wanting ability I have ever seen in a wrestler.

Jack Swagger: yes I have to say it, this guy had opportunity after opportunity, the guy is near on backward and why did WWE think people wanted to watch him? the only thing good about him was Zeb Coulter.

Kane: this may be unpopular but this guy has been on tv for way too long now, I don't know what it is about the guy but he has very few entertaining feuds throughout his entire career.

Honorable mentions.

No you're wrong, Triple H MADE the guy THE GUY, even the top names who faced him were already the guy but HHH was so good he made them even MORE the guy.

Honorable mentions.

Any list of overrated wrestlers that doesn’t include Hulk Hogan is no list. As far as wrestling goes he’s just awful

Any list of overrated wrestlers that doesn’t include Hulk Hogan is no list. As far as wrestling goes he’s just awful

If your able to find some of his new japan stuff from the early 80's, he was a pretty good wrestler at the time, he just learn that he didn't need to do as much wrestling when he became the face of WWF in the 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back