My thoughts on Drew Mcintyre.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
Mcintyre when he first came into the company back in 2009/10 had alot of potential, but as time went on i just became unimpressed with this guy.. he was a good wrestler but I wouldn’t say he was great like some people made him out to be, and the lack of charisma most definitely.. you know he was shoved down everyone’s throats in 2009/10. And I remember in 2010 a rumor came out that he was going to win money in the bank or at least alot of people thought he was going to.. and McIntyre wasn’t a favorite in the iwc either alot of fans didn’t like him and understandable I mean the guy was just boring as shit and he wasn’t likeable at all..

Fast forward to 2019. The same old problem he’s boring he’s boring!! He doesn’t have an ounce of charisma!! people say vince gave up on him? No it’s just that McIntyre never lived up to the hype.

I completly disagree with you on this one. I'm been a big fan of drew mcintyre. His first run was good and showed promess buy he was push to fast and he wasn't ready for it. He got release, found himself by wrestling on the indy scene and came back. Now i dig his new psychopath character. The guy has a presence that not a lot of guy in wwe have right now and i'm sure that someday, he will become either wwe or universal champion.

Drew McIntyre is another guy I want to like, but I just don't. Great look, athletic, good personality (nowadays), right time/gimmick, et. al.

I'll concede that he is a bit on the boring side, but that's not the main problem. Perhaps it's him seemingly always playing second fiddle that's the issue... first to Ziggler (which was bewildering) and now to Shane. Maybe it's the "Scottish Psychopath" moniker when he really hasn't done much that's all that over the top.

My desire for Drew would be to strike out completely on his own and built up as an unstoppable force. As he moves up the roster and faces more and greater challenges, McIntyre gets more and more ruthless... living up to the Scottish Psychopath moniker. I'm thinking the kind of stuff Orton was doing with Jeff Hardy a little while back, but even more sadistic.

Drew McIntyre is the future of the WWE, once this storyline with Shane O'Mac is finished, he will turn on him just like he did with Dolph. Drew will win the Rumble next year and headline Mania against Brock and destroy the Beast.

Drew was one of those guys who the status quo of the WWE loved, but Drew was someone of whom the fans couldn't really connect.

He would always come out first, so that when his opponent reached the ring he could wail away on them while they were trying to get into the ring. After the beating, he would easily pin his opponent for a squash win. That wouldn't give the fans any indication of ability to carry a damn match, which -- as it turns out -- means a Hell of a lot to us.

It became one of those horrible situations where we fans hated Drew because he annoyed us, but the WWE kept pushing him because they thought that our boos were endearing.

Drew went to TNA, and he captured lightning in a bottle there. Suddenly he was phenomenal in the ring, he was cutting great promos, and he was putting on a decent amount of muscle.

Now that Drew is back in the WWE, he has to do things the WWE way. The good thing for him is that enough of us know what he's capable of, and we know that he can draw from the top of the card. If he doesn't do well, I'm certain that it's because the WWE creative is going through a pretty bad phase right now.

Raise your glasses everyone. A TOAST TO DREW!

Start building Drew now is the right call. Have him feud with a few guys then win the Rumble. My picks for the 2020 RR are Ricochet, Andrade, & Drew. He can probably get a manager also, that may help him too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back