2011 Debaters League Discussion - NEW FORMAT NEEDS YOUR FEEDBACK!

I'd judge it if needed. I dick around on here quite a bit, this would give me something to do. I'm on here for multiple hours a day as is.

Once the format is chosen and we recruit the judges and participants. (I have a separate thread for that.)

I'm guessing the format for judging will be the same. Persuasion likely two points again and best to stay away from split points? Not sure why, but I liked the emotionality point.

I'm guessing the format for judging will be the same. Persuasion likely two points again and best to stay away from split points? Not sure why, but I liked the emotionality point.

Yeah, that probably won't change. It was a good format and I'll stick with it.

The only change is that I'm taking away ties of any sort. No 1/2 points, none of that. Your jobs as judges are to choose the better debate... period.

Yeah, that probably won't change. It was a good format and I'll stick with it.

The only change is that I'm taking away ties of any sort. No 1/2 points, none of that. Your jobs as judges are to choose the better debate... period.

Thank. Fucking. God.

I was so insecure that I looked up the '09 debates to see how many ties I gave. One. Still too much.

Edit: Fuck me the '10 was brutal to start. Shame.

I was so insecure that I looked up the '09 debates to see how many ties I gave. One. Still too much.

Edit: Fuck me the '10 was brutal to start. Shame.

It wasn't just you. But once it began, there were like 4 debates per week that had a tie in at least one category. Unfair, in my eyes.

It wasn't just you. But once it began, there were like 4 debates per week that had a tie in at least one category. Unfair, in my eyes.

I think having the emotionality, at least for me cut it down. A point getting split seems bound to happen, you did it yourself. Ties are shit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back