Channing Tatum (Jupiter Ascending)

WORST ACTRESS
Katherine Heigl (Home Sweet Hell)
Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)
Mila Kunis (Jupiter Ascending)
Jennifer Lopez (The Boy Next Door)
Gwyneth Paltrow (Mortdecai)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Chevy Chase (Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Vacation)
Josh Gad (Pixels and The Wedding Ringer)
Kevin James (Pixels)
Jason Lee (Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip)
Eddie Redmayne (Jupiter Ascending)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Kaley Cuoco (Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: Road Chip and The Wedding Ringer)
Rooney Mara (Pan)
Michelle Monaghan (Pixels)
Julianne Moore (Seventh Son)
Amanda Seyfried (Love the Coopers and Pan)

WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF or SEQUEL
Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: The Road Chip
Fantastic Four
Hot Tub Time Machine 2
Human Centipede III (Final Sequence)
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

WORST SCREEN COMBO
All Four “Fantastics” (Fantastic Four)
Johnny Depp and His Glued-On Mustache (Mortdecai)
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)
Kevin James and EITHER His Segway OR His Glued-On Mustache (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)
Adam Sandler and Any Pair of Shoes (The Cobbler)

WORST DIRECTOR
Andy Fickman (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)
Tom Six (Human Centipede 3)
Sam Taylor-Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)
Josh Trank (Fantastic Four)
The Wachowskis (Jupiter Ascending)

WORST SCREENPLAY
Fantastic Four
Fifty Shades of Grey
Jupiter Ascending
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Pixels

Razzie Redeemer Award
Elizabeth Banks, PITCH PERFECT 2
M. Night Shyamalan, THE VISIT
Will Smith, CONCUSSION
Sylvester Stallone, CREED

As usual, the Razzie Award nominations are released one day before the Oscar nominations, and of course an Adam Sandler film received a good amount of nominations.

Out of all the Worst Picture nominees, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 and Fifty Shades Of Grey are the only two films I haven't seen in their entirety. Both films are on HBO, and I might watch bits and pieces every now and then, but I quickly lose interest and change the channel to something else after a while.

Fantastic Four is really not as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. It's kind of dull and bland, but the movie was doomed from the word go with a tidal wave hate before the first trailer hit. That, and you have to believe FF 2015 had a tough hill to climb as a major superhero film that's short on high octane action/fight scenes and ceaseless sequences of mass destruction and anarchy, breaking away from the popular routine or formula in the Marvel films and more recently Man Of Steel to focus on building a story and the characters. Although, according to Josh Trank, it wasn't his call to cut some of the crucial action scenes from the film.

Worst Director and Worst Sequel? Give it to Tom Six and The Human Centipede III. Part III is easily the worst film in the series, and to add to that, Six comes off as a massive tool on social media, while trying to present himself as this bold renegade filmmaker, who's not afraid to break all the rules.

Will Smith doesn't need a Redeemer Award. He delivered good performances in terrible (the decision to give the vast majority of screen time to Jaden, as an annoying and whiny main character, over Will Smith of all people is still one of the more baffling decisions I've seen in any type of film) or mediocre (Focus) films, and that's about it.

Stallone is up here, because if I remember correctly, he usually receives a fair amount of nominations for The Expendables films (and Escape Plan a few years ago), but I have to go with Shyamalan for The Visit. I won't go as far as calling The Visit a redemption film, because it's not that good, but when you compare it to all of Shyamalan's awful films going back to The Village, Lady In The Water, The Happening, and The Last Airbender, The Visit is definitely a step in the right direction for the future.

And I guess I'm in the small group of people, who actually enjoyed and didn't have a big problem with Mortdecai.

The only worst picture nominee I watched was Jupiter Ascending and Pixels. I don't know they just seen like they wanted it to be a Sci-Fi Comedy. Seriously, so bad but the Wachowskis tried too hard to make it a serious grand space opera. With a sense of humor it could easily have been another Fifth Element.

Why did it take itself so seriously? They had a space werewolf riding rocket roller-blades, a guy that was part bee named Stinger, and a reborn space queen cleaning toilets, and they didn't have any fun with any of that. Not a single giggle. Not a shred of irony. But then they mix in sequences like the bureaucracy bit that could have literally been lifted straight from a Fifth Element cut scene, wacky and ridiculous and satirical. The tone of the storytelling was totally discordant with the nature of the world and characters they created. It's just such a missed opportunity, which is why I think it was panned so bad.

I had lesser expectations for Pixels. Pixels was never gonna be good, there are millions of never gonna be good films out there we never notice, no one went to Pixels and expected a good film. Like today I went to KFC and asked for no lettuce on my burger the clerk gave me some guff about it being healthy, and I told him, If I wanted to eat healthy I wouldn't be at KFC.

Why did it take itself so seriously?

:lmao: The main reoccurring question that popped in my head throughout the movie. So many missed opportunities for humor and creativity, and it's kind of hard to buy into Channing Tatum as this bad ass warrior, when he looks so ridiculous.

On top of that, I don't have a problem with her as an actress, but casting Mila Kunis in the lead role was a massive mistake. She is not an action heroine, and they asked her to take a big leap outside of her comfort zone. When I think of Kunis, I think of That 70's Show, Meg, and romantic comedies. Hell, in a critically acclaimed psychological thriller (Black Swan) she played the carefree party girl, who wanted to break Natalie Portman's character out of her shell, so with her known track record of films and TV shows, you can't just expect people to buy into her as humanity's last chance for survival.

I didn't have a problem with Pixels, and I usually can't stand anything with Sandler's name on it (The Ridiculous Six should lead the nominations next year). Sandler's goofball sidekicks/buddies fighting to save the world from dangerous video game characters? Harmless fun.

I just couldn't get over how absolutely pathetic Mila Kunis was in it. She really didn't do anything. They seriously could have passed around a stuffed doll and the movie would have been the same. Short of being the heir she has zero purpose. I liked the "30min jaunt to the intersetllar DMV." I really wanted more of the world that was created. In my opinion, the action scenes drug on too long, they misused Channing Tatum (one of the most gorgeous Hollywood actors and you put him in dumb makeup and dog ears?), a romance plot shoehorned in, and too much going on for one movie.

Funny People was Sandler's announcement that there was nothing good left in him. Cancer was a metaphor for his future movies and he was passing the torch on to the newer generation of comedians. A guy came out the theater behind me after watching Pixels and tells me it's the funniest thing he had seen in a while. I'm left wondering - how often do you go to the movies? What kind of movies do you watch and do you mean 'ordinary' laughing about something funny or 'genuinely' crying by laughter like you enjoyed it so much you can't even comprehend?

I have one issue, Pixels is a masterpiece compared to The Ridiculous 6.

Mortdecai is the first film I've ever walked out on. I've stuck through some terrible Depp films, Transcendence primarily, but that's the one that made me up and leave. Should have more nominations.

I'm not surprised to see Jupiter Ascending or FF on these lists so often. Both were very bad. The final fight scene in FF is about as underwhelming as they get. Jupiter Ascending just didn't mesh well together. It's been awhile since I've seen it now, but I remember thinking a lot of stuff happened, but not much really did, or didn't matter at least.

But movies like Paul Blart 2 should almost be exempt from Razzie nomination. Did anyone expect it to be good?

Pixels gets shit on, but it wasnt supposed to be anything more than it was. Jake is dead on when he says R6 was worse. It fucking sucked.

Human Centipede 3 was so bad I turned it off after 15 mins or so & 50 Shades was bad enough that my wife and many of her friends either fell asleep or walked out. For those things to happen, they have to be terrible because I can watch some pretty crap horror films to the end & 50 Shades was supposed to be a big deal to their demographic. Those should get the awards, but FF will likely take the majority. It wasnt good, but it wasnt worse than the 2 above.

Well I watched Fantastic Four last night. Ultimately, this felt like an entirely average TV pilot. It moved mechanically from point A, to B, to C; it established everything just enough, and then moved on. The scenes often lacked tension or stakes, and the end was incredibly rushed. I'm not overly bothered by someone's bad behavior - if people judged directors on behavior, masterpieces like Aguirre, Wrath of God would never happen.

I can't remember a film in recent memory that nose dives as badly as F4 does in its second half. The film starts off pretty good, stellar acting from Miles Teller, good cinematography and a surprisingly interesting antagonist in gamer-recluse, Occupy Wall Street-version Victor Doom.

The list of winners:

Worst picture: Fantastic Four and Fifty Shades of Grey (tie)

Worst actor: Jamie Dornan, Fifty Shades of Grey

Worst actress: Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey

Worst supporting actor: Eddie Redmayne, Jupiter Ascending

Worst supporting actress: Kaley Cuoco, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip and The Wedding Ringer

Worst remake/rip-off or sequel:Fantastic Four

Worst screen combo: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey

Worst director: Josh Trank, Fantastic Four

Worst screenplay:Fifty Shades of Grey

Razzie Redeemer Award: Sylvester Stallone

I still believe The Human Centipede III was a better choice for Worst Director and Worst Remake/Rip-Off Or Sequel, but with all the hate behind Fantastic Four, it's no real surprise Josh Trank and the movie received the win.

Also, I'm just going by the bits and pieces I've seen, but I get the impression more people had a problem with Dakota Johnson's character, because I haven't seen anything that's truly Razzie worthy about the quality of her actual performance.

She is very annoying in everything she does.

People who think Fantastic Four is bad need to see a film called Terminator Genesis (I'm not even going to correct that automatic spellcheck change. Such is my contempt).

There needs to be like, an All Time Razzie sort of show. Where every movie in history is up for the judging.

I imagine Jack and Jill would still win for worst film.

She is very annoying in everything she does.

People who think Fantastic Four is bad need to see a film called Terminator Genesis (I'm not even going to correct that automatic spellcheck change. Such is my contempt).

Didn't know that much about Johnson or, who she was until Fifty Shades Of Grey. She's forgettable in Black Mass as Depp's wife, and her total screen time might add up to ten minutes, if that. And I have no plans to watch the movie, but her character in How To Be Single looks like more of the same from Fifty Shades.

Agreed on Terminator Genisys. Jai Courtney has to be the worst Kyle Reese in the series, so he would've been a good choice for Worst Supporting Actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back