Account Lock Out Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
If your account is, or was, locked out, please follow these steps, before trying to log in again.

1) Do NOT attempt to change your Password. - This will not help you, the problem has nothing to do with your forum password, despite previous beliefs it did. If you get locked out of your account, do NOT try to change your password, it will only make things more confusing.

2) Clear Your Cookies - There is a link at the very bottom of the forum now that says "Clear Cookies". Click on that.

3) Do a Hard Refresh to Clear Your Cache - Usually holding down the "Ctrl" button, and then pressing "F5" at the same time should work to clear your cache.

If the above does not work (which it should for just about everyone):

4) You MAY create an Alternate Account to let us know of the problem. - Please keep in mind this is the ONLY time Alts are allowed on the forum. Post in this thread that your main account is locked out, and if you get back into your main account, please provide a list to the Administrators of all the Alternate Accounts you created, so we can delete them for you, and you not get banned for having an Alt.

5) When posting in this thread to tell us your main account is locked out, please provide a link to your member profile. - If you want us to help you, then you need to help us help you. I don't want to have to hunt down 20 different profiles to find you. Do the leg work yourself (the Search button is your friend), and copy and paste the link to your profile in the post telling us your account is locked out.

6) If you post in this thread, and Slyfox696 is online, do NOT log out of the account you are in. - Nothing pisses me off more than having someone want help, and then leaving before I can give it to you. Sometimes I need to have a conversation with you through PM to get you going again, and if I see you have signed off right after you post you need help, then I will be highly pissed off. And most people don't want a pissed off Slyfox. Of course, if I'm not online, or haven't replied in a reasonable time frame after you post, then it's okay.

7) Try a different web browser. - We've had some people able to access the forums using a different web browser. Before posting here, try that.

If you ARE able to get back into your account, and you created alts:

8) Please list all of your Alts - By listing all of your Alts, I can go through and delete them. If you do not list them all, it is possible later on that you will register as an Alternate Account, and you will be banned from our forums. Please do your part to avoid mishaps, and LINK me to the profiles of your alts.

Thank you.

I'm logged on, but only in IE. I tried your suggested solution of "Clear Cookies" and hard refresh. Please let me know how to proceed.

Not sure if I should put this here, but I sent an email about getting locked out, but I seem to have fixed it on my own. So feel free to ignore the email.

It looks like a few people are still having problems logging on with Firefox. Try logging in with the new Mobile style then switching back to the full version. On the bottom left of each page there is a quick style chooser where you can select Mobile. The login fields for that style are also on the bottom left. If you're able to login you can click on the FULL VERSION link in the top navbar.

Wow that actually workes (the mobile thing to normal) good work!

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to say that I was locked out of account for the past few days and sent a few emails by way of the contact us option at the bottom of the page. As you can tell, I have gotten back in and am still unsure why I was locked out so long. Sincere thanks for any help the admins. may have provided as these are the best forums I have found and was going to be disappointed if I missed my chance to vote in round 2 of the tournament. Again, thanks.

Reactions: gd
It's a main server problem, you shouldn't have any more problems, but if you do view the forum in mobile view, log in that way then go back to normal view (this can be found in a drop down box at the bottom left hand side). Hope that helps.

I told you before if that happens log in using mobile view (bottom left hand corner change from WZ liquid to mobile, log in then at the top click FULL VERSION).

Hey, able to log in now, but still not through Windows or Internet Explorer. Tried all of the above. What should I do?

Hi this is Renzino!

This is the second alt account I had to make. I have tried everything you have suggested and I am still locked out of my account and couldn't even use the first alt account I made.

I don't know what else to do. I will try to stay online as long as I can to get help.

^
Yes I did that several times. Like I said I tried all of the things they said to do to get back into my account and they aren't working.

However I have been able to log in with this account using those tips.

If I can't get my old account back I am willing to start over by this using this one.

So if you end up having to delete it my old account is Renzino and the first alt account I had to make is Renzino1 if you need to delete that one.

OK I can still log on using this account.

I'm wondering if I can just use this account and have the other two closed out?

Im locked out of my account, could you send me an email with a new password please? Im superhans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back