Account Locked Out Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
If the account you use on WrestleZone gets locked out for some reason, where it tells you it cannot log you in, PLEASE follow the following steps. It will make things so much easier.

1) The very first thing you do is to try to sign into your account from a different location. - Don't try to sign in from the same house, for example, it won't help. Try to sign in at a library or a coffee shop, or wherever, but do it in a completely different location than where you usually sign in. This may fix your account before you need my help.

2) Make sure the e-mail account you have on file with the WrestleZone Forums is an active one. - Starting now, I will e-mail you instructions on how to get into your account. If you have an e-mail account you do not ever check, then you will miss the instructions, and I will not care if you get back in or not.

3) Do NOT attempt to change your Password. - This will not help you, the problem has nothing to do with your forum password, despite previous beliefs it did. If you get locked out of your account, do NOT try to change your password, it will only make things more confusing.

4) You MAY create an Alternate Account to let us know of the problem. - Please keep in mind this is the ONLY time Alts are allowed on the forum. Post in this thread that your main account is locked out, and if you get back into your main account, please provide a list to the Administrators of all the Alternate Accounts you created, so we can delete them for you, and you not get banned for having an Alt.

5) When posting in this thread to tell us your main account is locked out, please provide a link to your member profile. - If you want us to help you, then you need to help us help you. I don't want to have to hunt down 20 different profiles to find you. Do the leg work yourself (the Search button is your friend), and copy and paste the link to your profile in the post telling us your account is locked out.

6) If you post in this thread, and Slyfox696 is online, do NOT log out of the account you are in. - Nothing pisses me off more than having someone want help, and then leaving before I can give it to you. Sometimes I need to have a conversation with you through PM to get you going again, and if I see you have signed off right after you post you need help, then I will be highly pissed off. And most people don't want a pissed off Slyfox. Of course, if I'm not online, or haven't replied in a reasonable time frame after you post, then it's okay.

7) Try a different web browser. - We've had some people able to access the forums using a different web browser. Before posting here, try that.

8) Do not PM me - Just post the relevant information here. More and more people are getting locked out, and I don't need 25 PMs from locked out people.

Please follow ALL of these steps. If we get to a point where it's obvious you have not followed these steps, I will not be pleased. Remember, I'm doing this to help you, so please help yourself before asking for assistance.

Thanks.

EDIT: There is now a new thread for this. Please use the following link:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=1995664

Use this thread to announce the lock out of accounts.

I think it's working now. I tried when I got home, it didn't work. This is a new laptop, so I just downloaded Firefox and it's working with that, not IE though.

My Profile name is jrwill122090 and its locked
I created an alt to let you know

my link is-http://forums.wrestlezone.com/member.php?u=88004

also earlier today i changed my password because i thought i had forgot it so sorry if it inconveniences you any

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/member.php?u=27840

Anonymous Mozzarella here.

Password isn't working, and the "15 minute" rule lied to me. :(

Also, password reset isn't sending me an e-mail.

Halps Slyfox!
:disappointed:

Don't use the password reset. Try clearing your Internet browsers cookies, temp files and history. Post here if it doesn't work...and make sure you have an e-mail account on file that I can send information to.

:disappointed:

Don't use the password reset. Try clearing your Internet browsers cookies, temp files and history. Post here if it doesn't work...and make sure you have an e-mail account on file that I can send information to.

I see. The e-mail was never sent anyway.

I've used the computer at home and a computer at the library, which both have a program called Deep Freeze on them, that clears all cookies and history at midnight every night. Tried it again anyway.

The e-mail is [email protected]

I see. The e-mail was never sent anyway.

I've used the computer at home and a computer at the library, which both have a program called Deep Freeze on them, that clears all cookies and history at midnight every night. Tried it again anyway.

The e-mail is [email protected]

Try a different web browser...if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try some other things.

Try a different web browser...if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try some other things.

I used Firefox and IE over the course of my 5 login attempts. Otherwise, the "15 minute" timer lockout is still telling me I'm locked out after half an hour.

Try Google Chrome.

I...don't have Google Chrome on library computers, yo, and it still doesn't change the fact that I would be unable to login due to the attempt lockout.

I've used 3 different computers on two different networks.

Even so, if it DID work on Chrome for some odd reason, either I'm EXTREMELY unlucky with my three computer choices, or the WZ forums just aren't compatible with FF or IE anymore, which would be more of a problem on the server's end...

I...don't have Google Chrome on library computers, yo, and it still doesn't change the fact that I would be unable to login due to the attempt lockout.

I've used 3 different computers on two different networks.

Even so, if it DID work on Chrome for some odd reason, either I'm EXTREMELY unlucky with my three computer choices, or the WZ forums just aren't compatible with FF or IE anymore, which would be more of a problem on the server's end...

All of this sounds GREAT, if this lock out issue made sense. However, it doesn't make sense, and I've already had someone get in just by using a different browser, while still being locked out on the original, all while on the same network with the same IP. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why accounts are getting locked out.

But, if you can't install Chrome, then you can't install it. I'll try something else, and I'll e-mail you the information. Shouldn't be long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back