AEW vs NXT official thread

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
With the wednesday night wars starting this week, i thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread where we could post are thought on AEW and NXT each week.

So if you want to feel free to post your thought on both show and if you want to, you won for the week.

Looks like AEW won the first night of ratings and viewership. Other than watching Gargano, neither show could keep my attention and I didn't stick around for the main events. A million plus for AEW seems like a pretty good start though. I'd say they should be able to stay near that mark but then I heard their surprise was Jack Swagger. Ugh. Next they'll be snatching Baron Corbin from WWE's grasp.

Watching AEW, i had this weird feeling of dèja vu. Everything made me think of WCW during the nitro era, from the wrestling, to the booking, to the commentary and production. It felt like if WCW was coming back from the dead or something.

NXT didn't set the world on fire either but at less it felt like a younger product then AEW.

The thing is, right now, AEW will wins the ratings war because of the curiousity factor being in place but i feel when the honeymoon phase is over, the ratings will saddle down and we will get a better idea of who is the more popular product.

I hear AEW fans bragging about how AEW has been dominating the ratings war but, what they fail (or refuse) to accept is the fact that this is not AEW beating WWE's A product or, even their B product. AEW is beating WWE's C product. Their third string show. That's not really an accomplishment. With all the money and hype behind it, AEW would be expected to be able to outdraw WWE's C show.

Up until last week AEW was for a few weeks comfortably on top of NXT. It's hard to judge at the moment with what's going on in the World but if AEW isn't winning comfortably by the latter stages of this year then questions will be asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back