An Open Letter to Dagger Dias, the WZF Staff, and Our Community

Dagger Dias is the Brooklyn Brawler of the forums. He does his job properly, and he'll be around forever, but he's never going to be seen as a winner.

Reactions: Lee
He's the Cloud of Wrestlezone, ya bloody fool.

images

He also retaliated against a person in real life who wanted to fight him by saying "Verbal Hadoken" or something like that. Dagger is one fucking weird, creepy mother fucker.

How many inches

Are you fucking serious?

Clearly he should have yelled "Shoryuken!!" and hit the dude with an uppercut.

VERBAL RKO!!!!
:lmao:

All this shit has me :lmao::lmao:

And I get where Harthan's coming from... it was 33 megapixels... not like he intended on doing that. I don't think I would have acted this way, because I don't hate any of the current mods, but I would have been pissed. To each their own, right?

When I modded, I usually consulted with the sages to see what was the best course of action, but if none of them were around, I'd simply send a PM saying the sig's over the limit or something.

And I checked sigs constantly, too.

Point is, know that the mods check this stuff ALL THE TIME, but this could have been handled better, IMO.

I just red repped Dagger for posting like a fucking autistic child. Now I will move on with my day. No rant necessary.

I would have asked "is his sig beyond the limit specified in the rules?"

and then when you answered with the inevitable, I would curse you out for wasting my goddamn time.

I would have maxed out his rep for having the balls to break the rules and question internet authority. Dagger would be too scared to fuck with him again.

And I would have said if you want to Infract him, go ahead. :)

Exactly. If you contributed to the forums in a positive manner and your sig's not grossly over the limit, I sent a warning PM. Otherwise, warning or infraction.

I would have agreed with Sly.

I figured you would buck authority when you were moderator and now G-Mod. Dissappointed. :(

I would have asked "is his sig beyond the limit specified in the rules?"

and then when you answered with the inevitable, I would curse you out for wasting my goddamn time.

That's why I NEVER ASKED YOU!!!

:)

Its no big secret that Dagger Dias is the worst moderator here. I was once handed an infraction for "spamming". Well human beings make mistakes. But what blows, is that the guy doesn't even explain clearly when you ask him about it, and stopped replying after saying the same thing twice. As for the infraction, it was later reversed when I took the matter to the higher-ups.

As for the OP, he is a stupid-ass Jim Ross fan. You are not CM Punk; you don't get respect just by being here for 100 years, just like your mentor Jim Ross. Go to the papers if you have to.

Its no big secret that Dagger Dias is the worst moderator here. I was once handed an infraction for "spamming". Well human beings make mistakes.

Are you fucking kidding me right now? Yes people make mistakes and that was a mistake as well. I was brand new to moderating at the time. No one is perfect. I know I'm not the best poster on staff, but don't talk shit about my moderating when you have NO CLUE how much I do around here.

But what blows, is that the guy doesn't even explain clearly when you ask him about it, and stopped replying after saying the same thing twice. As for the infraction, it was later reversed when I took the matter to the higher-ups.

Yes because you totally have access to my PM conversations and know what has gone on with over a thousand other infractions that I've given, right? I have rarely ever had a problem with someone understanding my explanation of why they were warned or infracted. I make it a point to try to clear it up and answer any questions they might have. Do your damn research next time and stop holding a grudge over one mistake that happened over a year ago.

Why is the signature limited to 800 pixels though?
There are a few different reasons.

Sure that made sense a few years ago but who isn't on a cable connection at this point?
People on phones? People who live outside of town?

But it's not just file size, it's also monitor size. People who may be on a monitor with a lower resolution (for whatever reason) would have their screen side scroll if a sig is too big. People who like to use the fixed width version of WZ would have issues if the sig is too wide. Nobody wants to scroll down for an hour just to get past someone's sig banner.

The better question is, if you cannot express yourself in 800 pixels, will 900 really make a difference?

Are you fucking kidding me right now? Yes people make mistakes and that was a mistake as well. I was brand new to moderating at the time. No one is perfect. I know I'm not the best poster on staff, but don't talk shit about my moderating when you have NO CLUE how much I do around here.

Yes because you totally have access to my PM conversations and know what has gone on with over a thousand other infractions that I've given, right? I have rarely ever had a problem with someone understanding my explanation of why they were warned or infracted. I make it a point to try to clear it up and answer any questions they might have. Do your damn research next time and stop holding a grudge over one mistake that happened over a year ago.

Christ, Dagger -- act like you've been here before. People complain about this shit all the time, every third infraction I give out probably garners a response from somebody telling me how I'm an awful moderator and I don't even know the rules (and so on). Just ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back