An Open Letter to Dagger Dias, the WZF Staff, and Our Community

Christ, Dagger -- act like you've been here before. People complain about this shit all the time, every third infraction I give out probably garners a response from somebody telling me how I'm an awful moderator and I don't even know the rules (and so on). Just ignore it.
Grey Warden? More like GAY Warden. Amirite?!

Christ, Dagger -- act like you've been here before. People complain about this shit all the time, every third infraction I give out probably garners a response from somebody telling me how I'm an awful moderator and I don't even know the rules (and so on). Just ignore it.

Really? I would have figured that you would have a higher percentage.

Are you fucking kidding me right now? Yes people make mistakes and that was a mistake as well. I was brand new to moderating at the time. No one is perfect. I know I'm not the best poster on staff, but don't talk shit about my moderating when you have NO CLUE how much I do around here.

Yes because you totally have access to my PM conversations and know what has gone on with over a thousand other infractions that I've given, right? I have rarely ever had a problem with someone understanding my explanation of why they were warned or infracted. I make it a point to try to clear it up and answer any questions they might have. Do your damn research next time and stop holding a grudge over one mistake that happened over a year ago.

What's so wrong about being critical? Face it, no mod is beyond reproach, neither are you.

Are you fucking kidding me right now? Yes people make mistakes and that was a mistake as well. I was brand new to moderating at the time. No one is perfect. I know I'm not the best poster on staff, but don't talk shit about my moderating when you have NO CLUE how much I do around here.

Yes because you totally have access to my PM conversations and know what has gone on with over a thousand other infractions that I've given, right? I have rarely ever had a problem with someone understanding my explanation of why they were warned or infracted. I make it a point to try to clear it up and answer any questions they might have. Do your damn research next time and stop holding a grudge over one mistake that happened over a year ago.

Over a year ago, exactly. What my point is, is that one year has passed but you are still just as bad as you were last year. Agreed, I don't come here too often to see your "good" work (if you ever do any, that is), but why is that, that every time I come here, I see atleast one person that has a problem with you?
Just to let you know, your moderating skills are of the same level as Josh Isenberg's writing skills (he doesn't see anything wrong with his work either). You are an egomaniac, and you create endless excuses whenever someone points a finger at you. The amount of time you spent and spend on defending yourself against every criticism, if you rather worked on improving those limitations and shortcomings about yourself, people actually would have respect for you.

Over a year ago, exactly. What my point is, is that one year has passed but you are still just as bad as you were last year. Agreed, I don't come here too often to see your "good" work (if you ever do any, that is), but why is that, that every time I come here, I see atleast one person that has a problem with you?
Just to let you know, your moderating skills are of the same level as Josh Isenberg's writing skills (he doesn't see anything wrong with his work either). You are an egomaniac, and you create endless excuses whenever someone points a finger at you. The amount of time you spent and spend on defending yourself against every criticism, if you rather worked on improving those limitations and shortcomings about yourself, people actually would have respect for you.

This post made me feel the unbridled glee of a small girl child.

The reason this guy got elected for this post was not because of his post quality or personality or whatever, but because (a) he lured people with reputation points, and (b) sympathy votes- people felt pity for him (the other guys were too harsh to him apparently) and voted in his favour. Infact, he still cares about that rep! thing so much that he sent me a red rep saying basically the same thing that he said here- that it was over a year ago. Well, what excuse will he have one year from now, when people still call him out? That he has sent his monitor for repairing, and is working without it? This guy is pathetic, Just pathetic.

A thousand other infractions? Holy exaggeration Batman.
Wouldn't surprise me if Dagger's hit a thousand already.

He may be crap on PR, but Dagger does his job in keeping his section clean as well as keeps an eye on the other sections too. Say what you will but Dagger does his job fittingly. And he arouses no trouble among staff either.

What I took away from this thread:

1339129709463.jpg

Now, you may not see a lot of people defend Dagger, but some of this is just rubbish.

How are you privy to his moderating skills which, according to other moderators and admins, seem to be just fine? Are you saying they are all wrong?

What endless excuses are these? Dagger is regularly shat on round here, especially in The Bar Room where pretty much anything can go. His responses in this thread to you and Harthan were the only times since the election I've seen him return fire. Guy has an incredibly high tolerance level for some of the nonsense aimed his way.

A lot of what Dagger has done in the past (Tastycles mod spot, his RP game) annoyed a lot of the regulars here so that side is brought up more. With me, Daggers always been cool and encouraged my early posting.

A year old infraction though? Seriously? Come on now, wise up son.

From experience any infraction is looked at by everyone on staff. If it's unfair it will be reversed.

I just can't believe that this whole thing started because of a warning. I mean it's a WARNING!!!!

Is all this Dagger bashing necessary? I've always thought that Dagger was pretty cool and he takes his staff position seriously.

I just received a warning from him about a week ago because I quoted a poster in the tournament and asked where he got his information from. He warned me for spamming. He wasn't wrong, it was a spam post. So if a rule was broken and that person was warned; what's the point of this entire thread?

Talk about respect and disrespect. Those of you disrespecting Dagger and his position on the staff is ridiculous.

I just can't believe that this whole thing started because of a warning. I mean it's a WARNING!!!!

Is all this Dagger bashing necessary? I've always thought that Dagger was pretty cool and he takes his staff position seriously.

I just received a warning from him about a week ago because I quoted a poster in the tournament and asked where he got his information from. He warned me for spamming. He wasn't wrong, it was a spam post. So if a rule was broken and that person was warned; what's the point of this entire thread?

Talk about respect and disrespect. Those of you disrespecting Dagger and his position on the staff is ridiculous.

If you were his son, for the short duration that you were gay, he'd feel that he's failed as a father and a man.

It hadn't been mentioned for a while.

You aren't a great writer either, but I enjoy the spirit of this post. If I could rep you, I would.

It was a time when people who'd normally toss homophobic slurs around and imply that people partake in man intercourse (which I shall call 'mantercourse') as means of an insult all united for gay rights.

Shame Lord Sid wasn't here to enjoy it, he'd have made Dagger real uncomfortable with some probing questions in regards to his underwear

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back