Are you excited for wrestlemania

• yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
We only have 2 weeks before mania and i'm wondering who is excited about the event and what match are you looking forward the most and which one are you looking the less forward the list.

Also do you agree with the choice they made for the main event and if not which match would you have chosen as the main event

I for one, i'm not super excited for mania this year. I get that you have to get away from the stars from the past but it really doesn't feel like mania this year. It just feel like a big show with a ton of tv matches.

As far as matches i'm looking forward the most, i'm really looking forward To Lesnar vs rollins, Kofi & bryan and in the fatal four way for the women's tag belt. I think that if it was any other year, either Lesnar vs rollins or Kofi vs bryan should have been the main event over the women's. I get why they did it, because it gave them a ton of publicity and that'S always good but in the end, out of the top 4 or 5 matches on the card, i feel like this was the worst build up match and while i'm a fan of becky's i think she became the third wheel so quickly in a match that should have been focus on her. Now the way i see it, We have Ronda who feel like a superstars, Charlotte who feel like a top star and Becky who look like she not on their level.

Anyway, let's continue with matches that i'm not looking forward too. First you have HHH vs Batista and Miz vs Shane, 2 matches that are booked backward and look exactly the same of paper. In the HHH vs batista match, Batista should be the face and HHH the heel and in the miz vs shane match, Miz should be the heel and Shane the face.

Also, i couldn't care less about some of the throwaway matches like Rey vs Joe and Balor vs Lashley (unless they bring the demon character out for this one) As far as Angle vs corbin is concern, i don't mind it that much, i really hope it's a short match or even just done as a segment on the show instead of a full 10 minutes match but it make total sense at this point to put him with a guy that has a safer style and will not temp angle in doing crazy stuff like other guys would.

All and all, this feel like a really lackluster mania for me and right now looking at the card, i doubt i will watch the whole thing live because with the main event not being something that i'm super interesting in and other matches on the card feeling rush, they're really nothing that make me feel like it'S the biggest event of the year and it just feel like another long event with a ton of tv matches.

Frankly, it's impossible not to be excited if you're going to be there live. On the plus side, I've been a big Kofi fan since his debut, and being there for his first singles WWE Championship match, at a WrestleMania, is a huge moment. Becky has been my favorite of the "women's evolution" girls since they debuted, as she was the only one I could stand at first (Charlotte eventually won me over with her growth in the ring, but Sasha I still can't stand), so seeing her headline the event will be great.

On the other hand, Undertaker not having a match when he's able to enrages me, especially with him likely to work the Saudi show instead. That's an unforgiveable insult. No John Cena is a letdown. No title defenses for at least two and possibly three championships, also a huge downer. Every championship should be on the line at WrestleMania, no exceptions.

Out of the three WrestleManias I've attended, it's the one I'm least excited for, but still more excited than any non-WM show. It's WrestleMania.

As long as there are matches the most cynical of fans care about, like the ones already mentioned, then you know you're/we're excited. The rest is okay filler just like Mania has always been.

Ehh, this is the first Mania I've had the least interest in since Mania 27.

I'm genuinely curious as to why people seem to dislike or be less interested in this WrestleMania, than WM32. That was one of the most atrocious WrestleManias of all time.

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed all in all. Pretty underwhelming card all things considered. What should've happened to maximize the card this year....

Raw and Smackdown Women's Titles
* Instead of the injury and suspension angle on Becky should've just had her enter the rumble at #1 and win the event. Her loss to Asuka at Royal Rumble made no sense and seemed like a wasted opportunity for a bigger match down the road between the two. Also adding Charlotte in has made the storyline confusing and inconsistent. After Lynch calls out Rousey for Mania she should've been moved to Raw permanently and starting defeating Raw female superstars weekly in "comeback" fashion while Rousey was dominating the same women. Setup the Mania main event like Rocky 4. Would've had Lynch also get her payback against Nia at Fastlane to. In her absence on Smackdown you build up Asuka vs. Charlotte 2 at Mania this year. That was the best match a year ago and no reason it couldn't be this year to.

* As much as I love Rollins who had an amazing year I'm just not feeling his match with Brock either. Maybe because it feels like the inevitable Lesnar contract re-up and the Beast retains again.
What could've happened??? AJ Styles wins the Rumble and challenges Lesnar. Their match at Survivor Series last year was amazing and I think Styles slaying the Beast and moving to Raw would be what would've been best for business. So with that being said I think this card would've been much more entertaining for fans this year.

1) Rousey vs. Lynch (Raw Women's Title)
2) Lesnar vs. Styles (Universal Title)
3) Asuka vs. Charlotte (Smackdown Women's Title)
4) D. Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston (WWE TItle)
5) HHH vs. Batista
6) The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
7) Kurt Angle vs. John Cena
8) S. Joe vs. Orton vs. Mysterio vs. Ali (US Title - Fatal 4 way)
9) Balor vs. Elias (I-C Title)
10) Double Branded Tag Title Ladder Match w/both sets of straps hanging
Uso's vs. Revival vs. New Day vs The Bar vs. Richocet/Black vs. Gable/Roode
11) Shane vs. Miz (Falls count anywhere)
12) The Shield vs. Corbin/Lashley/McIntyre
* This match if truly the last time for the Shield would've been better at Mania for sure
13) Banks/Bailey vs. Trish/Lita (Women's Tag Titles)
14) Cruiserweight Title Match
15) Andre Battle Royal
16) Women's Battle Royal

Honestly, not particularly excited about it. Interested, as usual, about how it will all play out, but can't say I'm really excited about it.

I'm sure it'll be fine, as it usually is, but I do feel it also has a few missed opportunities that are hard to overlook.

The fact there isn't going to be Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman for the Universal Title is mind boggling. And that's not even a knock on Rollins, it just makes more sense for the WM match to be Brock vs Braun.

I am interested to see what happens with the Kofi vs Bryan WWE Title match. Reason I don't like to watch WM live is because an interest match-up like this will be made and then the babyface loses and it is a big letdown. I'm hoping this one ends being a good ol' fashioned feel good moment. I know there is heat and further storytelling if you have heel Bryan cheat and retain and Kofi eventually winning the title at the next opportunity, but Bryan himself got the ultimate feel good WM moment, so there's reason enough for Kofi to get it, too. Plus it would be a historic win in WWE history if Kofi gets it.

As for Ronda vs Charlotte vs Becky - I just can't take Ronda seriously very well. Thank goodness she's heel now because she's very hard to connect to as a babyface. Still, should be a decent match overall.

Other matches seem pretty rushed or pointless:

Lashley v Balor - Why Balor doesn't wear full tights I don't understand, looks stupid in the trunks with his build, especially without the demon paint all over. Also, I think WWE has missed out on storytelling with the demon angle for Finn Balor. Since he only comes out at rare occasions, I feel like Balor, who is normally upbeat and positive, should have a 'breaking point' where if pushed over a certain edge by an opponent will cause him to turn to his dark side - the demon king! Whatever this 'trigger' is would be a good plot device and if Lashley with Rush would clearly show themselves to have pushed him over the line then fans would be able to get excited about seeing the Demon Balor at WM. But, as of now, no indication or REASON for Balor to be Demon at WM, thus, not much interest in.

Triple H v Batista - Super rushed and unnecessary. Only be worth it if Triple H started dressing like Thanos and Batista started dressing and talking like Drax. It would be a shameless copy but I'm sure it would get a bigger response.

Shane v Miz - Another instance of McMahons forcing themselves into matches. And the thing is, I actually was a big Shane fan. Huge fan. Just got to be too much and not making enough sense. Why is Shane the villain in this one? Why try to make Miz sympathetic again? Miz does so much better as a smug and arrogant douchebag. This seems like an example of trying to make a match between two wrestlers where there really isn't much to go on even if you build a lot of stuff up. I would be like trying to put Scott Dawson vs Kevin Owens. Like, you could do it, you could try it, both guys can go in the ring and Owens for sure can talk, but there's too much work to be done to try and make it work and it still might not work.

But I do give credit for WWE going full steam on this women's revolution thing with a Women's Main Event WrestleMania. I give them credit for going for it, even though I don't now if they've done enough building up to WM to make the supporting card good enough not to fail.

This mania is a MASSIVE turd before it begins. so some claim we have no old stars whats batista whats triple H whats beth phonix (who even at her prime was never deemed top tier by anyone).
But before i trash the actual matches and the misuse of so many talents his the biggest issue.
Lets pretend i like the card and was looking forward to all these matchup on paper with the build its all have how can you be excied every single feud and i use that very loosly has been a car crash.
You have your mandatory Mcmahon pushing themselves down our throats when only 6 months ago they stood in front of the cameras claiming no more authority figures and were listening well you aint.
do i want to see triple H in yet another 30 min mania match NOPPPPE
do i want shane taking a spot on maina AGAIN nope
do i want vince being the focal point of a title match NOPE
do i want another title match be based around someone who is NEVER there NOPE
yes brock isnt a mcmahon but for the pampering he gets he may as well be.
The build to the females triple threat has been terrible there is no other word for it its almost like they been making it up as they go week by week with no proper plan - oh wait we know that is the case these days as vince rewirites during the show.
has there been worse manias yes but with the way things are going this could be the worst ever if certain things happen
if shane or brock wins its bad i dont care at all about triple h vs batista, if anyone other than becky wins its bad if natalia and beth win its bad, if any of the new day turn on kofi to cost him the match its BAD

the problem is i can see almost half of this actually happening

I'm genuinely curious as to why people seem to dislike or be less interested in this WrestleMania, than WM32. That was one of the most atrocious WrestleManias of all time.
My biggest gripe is that everything has had to take a backseat to make Rousey vs Becky vs Charlotte seem like the most important main event in Mania history, the build for anything else has seemed to be nonexistant.

My biggest gripe is that everything has had to take a backseat to make Rousey vs Becky vs Charlotte seem like the most important main event in Mania history, the build for anything else has seemed to be nonexistant.

That's a fair point, but that's pretty much how it is these days. WWE is reverting to the old way of thinking for WrestleMania, where as long as they heavily promote two big matches, they can just throw anything else on the card and nobody will care. This year only Ronda/Charlotte/Becky and Bryan/Kingston got any real attention. Last year it was Lesnar/Reigns and Styles/Nakamura. This is how WrestleManias were always booked until the end of the Attitude Era, then we got over a decade of well-crafted Mania cards, although some of them still wound up being garbage, like WM25 and 27. It's just the mind-set that Vince has, that there should only ever be major attention on one or two things at a time.

I'm not particularly excited about this years Mania. There's not really any match I'm interested in besides Kofi and Bryan. I think Batista and Triple H will have a decent match. However there is too much that I don't care about.

I'm sick of Shane at ANY event, let alone Mania, having conpetitive matches with full time wrestlers. The word 'egomaniac' springs to mind. The IC title match will probably be the usual domination of Finn - since that's how Balor v anyone bigger than him always goes - with Balor getting the win in the end. I don't care about the women's battle royal (does anyone on Earth?). The women's tag title match is roo predictable - if Nia or Nattie had any other tag partner it would'nt be but Tamina will NEVER be a champion and hopefully it will be a one time only thing with Beth.

As far as main event goes at first I did'nt have a problem with the women at first since there was originally decent build up but the last several weeks the build has been dire and a stupid six woman tag won't be any better. If they have Kofi winning the title that should have been on last.

I also don't get comments like "Undertaker not having a match when hes able to enrages me". I wish people would move on from Taker and accept that he's past it. As far as I'm concerned Mania would be so much better without Taker - retire already.

I also don't get comments like "Undertaker not having a match when hes able to enrages me". I wish people would move on from Taker and accept that he's past it. As far as I'm concerned Mania would be so much better without Taker - retire already.

What are you, twelve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back