Book Monday Night Raw

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
So with a multitude of complaints from fans saying that Raw tends to be lackluster and sometimes "boring" (not saying I don't agree but I wouldn't say it's as bad as people say) I'd like to take this thread and make it all about booking Monday Night Raw YOUR way.

Now there are some rules, it must be booked with the mindset of booking the show as Vince McMahon, who needs to please share holders, the board and sponsors and of course the fans as well. So book it with a business mindset.

Opening Segment:
This segment needs to get the people hooked and excited to see the rest of the show

8:00pm-9:00pm
They go by the hour so this hour almost needs to be it's own "mini" show within itself.
There are also restrictions set by the USA network as to what can be shown on TV so no curse words during this hour and obviously needs to be kept to a PG rating

9:00pm-10:00pm
Same as above as far as restrictions go but during this hour the content can get a little edgier
The segment that comes on at the 9pm needs to get people hooked for this hour as well

10:00pm-11:00pm
The show can be as edgy as the PG rating allows now
Same as above, the segment that start the 10pm time slot needs to get people hooked for the next hour and to the end of the show

11:00pm-11:05pm
Yes this is a time-slot first of all, whatever the viewership rating is for these 5 minutes counts as the rating for the whole hour even though the show isn't on until midnight

A few more rules are that it has to involve current superstars on the roster and cant have matches like Austin vs Hogan because that's not going to happen on possibly ever, especially on a Raw. So let's be realistic here BUT you are allowed only ONE surprise on the show, as far as a surprise return maybe or a legend appearance for a segment. And if you want to use NXT superstars you can include only TWO superstars currently on the NXT roster to be called up for your show.

Also time out your segments to make sure it sticks to the 8:00pm-11:05pm time. (But you're allowed to go a few minutes over if you need it, like they sometimes go over to 11:08 or so on)

Start off by picking who your champions are (or you can vacate a title) and book the show!

I'll start

WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Seth Rollins
Intercontinental Champion: Neville
United States Champion: Rusev
Tag Team Champions: Vacated
Divas Champion: Paige

First Raw of 2016
Next PPV is Royal Rumble
Monday Night Raw: Live from Chicago, IL, Billed as Every Championship will be defended
8:00pm: Intro and pyro goes off
Introduction to Raw from announcers: Total of 2 minutes

8:02pm: Brock Lesnar's music hits and out comes Lesnar and Heyman
Heyman talks about Lesnar wanting his rematch for the WWE WHC tonight or else he'll destroy everyone by ringside again so if the Authority doesn't want that to happen then they need to make the title match happen. Now out comes HHH and Stephanie and they say if Lesnar does anything like that again he'll be fired and be sued for millions and that they have already booked a championship match for tonight which will be. (c)Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose Total of a 17 minute segment

8:19pm: Promo saying tonight there will be a Major announcement by Chairman Vince McMahon tonight and promoting the WWE Network for Royal Rumble for ONLY $9.99!- 2 minutes

Commercial break: 3 minutes

8:24pm: Promo for a return which would have been playing for a few weeks says "Tonight...the WWE will be changed forever...Yes, It's True" 1 minute video package

8:25pm: Intercontinental Championship: Neville vs Sami Zayn (Main roster debut)
Winner: New IC Champion: Sami Zayn - 15 minutes including entrances

8:40pm: Promo for a Championship Scramble match for the Vacated Tag Team Championship The Usos vs John Cena, Randy Orton vs Kidd, Cesaro vs Big Show, Kane vs Lucha Dragons- 1 minute promo

8:41pm: Promo for a major announcement by the Chairman Vince McMahon Tonight - 1 Minute

8:42pm: Divas Championship Match: Fatal 4 Way:
Nikki Bella vs Naomi vs Bri Bella vs Charlotte (Main roster debut)
Winner: New Divas Champion Charlotte - 15 Minutes including entrances

8:57pm: Promote Vince McMahon's Announcement is NEXT - 15 seconds

Commercial Break: 3 minutes

9:00pm: Cue Vince McMahons music. He comes out say he is ready to shake things up again and give the fans what they want. Before continuing HHH/Stephanie come out and say to him that it's not his place to "shake things up" anymore, it's the Authority's now and he needs to leave. Vince says, "Well actually that's what i'm going to address" he says he is tired of seeing the Authority using their power to take avantage like when HHH tried to ruin Daniel Bryans career and put himself in WM 30 to possibly win the WWE title in the triple threat match. HHH says "We'll i'm the COO an i'm not going anywhere" Vince then says "That's why I'm challenging you to a match at Wrestlemania where I will get someone to represent me to face you and the winner will be officially in charge of the WWE" End segment. - 20 Minutes

9:20pm: Michael Cole promotes, "So the match is set, ,Wrestlemania 32 will be a Vince McMahon representative vs Triple H w/Stephanie McMahon, winner controls ALL of WWE" - 1 minute

Commercial break - 3 Minutes

9:24pm: Battle Royal: the winner will enter #30 in the Rumble and the last eliminated will enter the Rumble #1
The Miz vs Damien Sandow vs Adam Rose vs Fandango vs Curtis Axel vs Big E vs Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan vs BNB
It gets down to the final 4 of Ziggler, Bryan, Sandow and BNB
Last eliminated: Daniel Bryan
Winner: Dolph Ziggler - 20 minutes with most superstars already in the ring when we come back from the commercial break

9:44pm: Backstage segment with Rollins talking about how he is the future of the company which is why he is still the champion and will be going into this years Mania - 3 minutes

9:47pm: United States Championship Match: Rusev vs ???
Rusev is in the ring waiting for his opponent when the promo from earlier comes on again about the WWE changing forever and out comes the return of KURT ANGLE! Rusev vs Kurt Angle for the United States Championship
Winner: Via DQ Kurt Angle but Still US Champion: Rusev after Lana interferes and hits Angle with the Russian flag while he had Rusev in the ankle lock - 20 minutes

Commercial break - 3 minutes

10:10pm: Tag Team Championship Scramble Match: The Usos vs John Cena, Randy Orton vs Kidd, Cesaro vs Big Show, Kane vs Lucha Dragons
Winners: New Tag Team Champions: Lucha Dragons - 25 minutes including entrances

10:35pm: Michael Cole promotes main event is up next - 30 seconds

Commercial break - 3 minutes

10:38pm: MAIN EVENT:
WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat Match
(c) Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose
Winner: Still WWE WHC Seth Rollins - 25 minutes including entrances

11:03pm: Brock Lesnar comes out and destroys Rollins, puts him through a table and holds up the title to end the show - 5 minute attack

11:08 End Show

OK. you make a good raw for road to royal rumble. you just make single episode out of more than 50 episodes in a year. so it difficult to make each raw like this. obviously it simple to make a raw episode at time of mania season.
if you are real talent then try to make go home RAW show for Extreme Rules 2015. then I accept you are better creative than wwe.

Not going to fantasy book but I would flip the format of the show and basically have the main event on in the middle of the show (say at 9.30). Ratings show a drop after 10 anyway so either kids are off to sleep or people are just tired of watching it so I'd devote 10-11 to the upper mid card guys like Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler and Roman Reigns after getting the Cena, Rollins and Bryan segments out of the way in the first two hours.

I'd even consider an unofficial policy of 8-10 being sports entertainment with 10-11 being more for the pure wrestling fan. Showcase upcoming guys in promo and lengthy match segments sort of thing.

I think it's kind of fun to fantasy book, but just making a random three hour RAW is tough. Now, first of all, I like your show. It would certainly be better than any episode of RAW that we've seen in a long time. But there are a few things I have to point out.

1) No way that Brock doesn't return and get his rematch until January. Brock will be at SummerSlam, and he will get his rematch there.
2) The Shield triple threat should be a PPV Main Event. Which by WWE logic means yeah put it on free TV. But WWE logic is more like a lack of logic, hence why everyone complains.
3) Three new champions in one night is a big deal. I doubt that would make it on a free tv episode. You put that on PPV. If you want to book this show with a business mindset, well that's a business mindset. Don't give for free what people can pay for. Even if it is just $9.99.
4) Also, with the new champions, I don't think you'll ever see two titles be won by debuting superstars on the same night. There is no way you have both Sami Zayn and Charlotte debut and win titles on the same night. It's overkill, and one moment would take away the impact of the other. If anything, you have one of them debut months beforehand and then build up their title match. In wrestling, the chase is better than the catch. Make people want to see those moments, don't just surprise them with them.

Those were just some minor problems I found. Other than that I like the idea.

Honestly, until RAW goes down to two hours, it'll be boring to me and a lot of other people. It's hard to write a three hour show, let alone to do it every week. That's why WWE isn't doing a good job. In my fantasy booking, RAW gets cut to two hours. Then go from there.

You put Paige as the divas champ but didn't book her in the title match. WWE creative may have its problems but I don't think they've ever forgot to put a champion in the championship match.

You put Paige as the divas champ but didn't book her in the title match. WWE creative may have its problems but I don't think they've ever forgot to put a champion in the championship match.

I noticed that as well, but he put so much work into the booking I wasn't going to say anything.

As for fantasy booking, I'm crap at it so never do it, but kudo's to those that do. When it comes to wrestling I'm strictly a viewer, if I have to think about it at all I'll quit watching.

OK. you make a good raw for road to royal rumble. you just make single episode out of more than 50 episodes in a year. so it difficult to make each raw like this. obviously it simple to make a raw episode at time of mania season.
if you are real talent then try to make go home RAW show for Extreme Rules 2015. then I accept you are better creative than wwe.

I see your point, but I'm not trying to say that i'm "better" than the creative team they have now. This thread was more for people to book it themselves to see what they would do to make the product better in their eyes.

Not going to fantasy book but I would flip the format of the show and basically have the main event on in the middle of the show (say at 9.30). Ratings show a drop after 10 anyway so either kids are off to sleep or people are just tired of watching it so I'd devote 10-11 to the upper mid card guys like Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler and Roman Reigns after getting the Cena, Rollins and Bryan segments out of the way in the first two hours.

I'd even consider an unofficial policy of 8-10 being sports entertainment with 10-11 being more for the pure wrestling fan. Showcase upcoming guys in promo and lengthy match segments sort of thing.

I like your idea I wouldn't mind seeing this format

I think it's kind of fun to fantasy book, but just making a random three hour RAW is tough. Now, first of all, I like your show. It would certainly be better than any episode of RAW that we've seen in a long time. But there are a few things I have to point out.

1) No way that Brock doesn't return and get his rematch until January. Brock will be at SummerSlam, and he will get his rematch there.
2) The Shield triple threat should be a PPV Main Event. Which by WWE logic means yeah put it on free TV. But WWE logic is more like a lack of logic, hence why everyone complains.
3) Three new champions in one night is a big deal. I doubt that would make it on a free tv episode. You put that on PPV. If you want to book this show with a business mindset, well that's a business mindset. Don't give for free what people can pay for. Even if it is just $9.99.
4) Also, with the new champions, I don't think you'll ever see two titles be won by debuting superstars on the same night. There is no way you have both Sami Zayn and Charlotte debut and win titles on the same night. It's overkill, and one moment would take away the impact of the other. If anything, you have one of them debut months beforehand and then build up their title match. In wrestling, the chase is better than the catch. Make people want to see those moments, don't just surprise them with them.

Those were just some minor problems I found. Other than that I like the idea.

Honestly, until RAW goes down to two hours, it'll be boring to me and a lot of other people. It's hard to write a three hour show, let alone to do it every week. That's why WWE isn't doing a good job. In my fantasy booking, RAW gets cut to two hours. Then go from there.

Yea I understand your points, I guess this is why writing Raw is so difficult because there is just so much to think about.

hahahah WOW I didn't even realize I forgot that. Initially when I was doing this I had made the divas match a #1 contenders match but then by the end I didn't have enough time left over to add another match so I just made that one for the title and forgot to add Paige to it haha oops

interesting topic not much of a fantasy Booker but I'll give it a go.
iv chosen to do night after mania with current roster which means Neville and Lucha Dragons have already debuted.
Opening segment:Brock lesnars music hits and lesnar and heyman make their way down to the ring
Heyman talks about lesnar being pissed off that lesnar screwed him last night and if he doesn't get his rematch tonight hell destroy everything and everyone that gets in his way.
Triple h's music hits and out comes the authority. Trips says lesnar will decide when he gets his rematch not him. He then says he has a better idea lesnar will put his rematch on the line tonight vs every member of the authority.
Segment ends.
Cole recaps and plugs main event lesnar vs authority
Cryptic promo for a mystery superstar debut.
John cena U.S. Open challenge
John cena vs the returning JACK SWAGGER
jack swagger wins due to interference from rusev
Hhh comes out and announces a triple threat match for us title for extreme rules.
Promo for tag team turmoil match for no. One contender match for tag titles
Divas 6 woman divas title match.
Paige vs natalya vs Alicia fox vs Naomi vs Camero vs (c) nikki bella
Winner Naomi pins Paige after a superkick from tamina.
CHARLOTTES MUSIC HITS !!!!
Charlotte clears the ring of tamina and Naomi and points to the divas title.
Tag team turmoil match.
Ptp vs Tyson/cesaro vs Lucha Dragons vs ascension vs Los matadores vs THE DEBUTING TEAM OF BIG CASS AND ENZO AMORE SAWFT!!!!
Winner: Big Cass and Enzo Amore CASS pins viktor.
CHRISTIAN RETURNS!!!!
Christians cuts a promo saying he's had a tough time recently and he knows his career has not got one left but says he wants one more match for the wwe title and he will work his ass off to get it.
Sheamus music hits
Sheamus comes down and says he admires Christians toughness and says he respects the hell out of him and goes to shake his hand than
BROGUE KICK!!!! Sheamus beats the hell out of Christian and drags him up to the stage and power bombs him off it. He gets a mic and says that's one down but don't worry the rest will follow.
Match one in the 3 match tournament for the vacant intercontinental title.
Neville vs bad news Barrett
Neville wins after hitting red arrow advances to final.
Cole delivers update on Christians condition says it looks real bad.
Match 2 in tournament for intercontinental title
Dolph ziggler vs dean ambrose
Winner: dean ambrose after bray wyatt interferes and hits ziggler with sister Abigail
Main event:Brock lesnar vs the authority if lesnar loses he loses his rematch.
Winner: the authority as lesnar finishes off show on the outside THE DEBUTING KEVIN OWENS!!!! hits him with the steel stairs and rolls him into Rollins who hits Phoenix splash and pins Rollins.
First time attempting anything like this feedback is appreciated I know I didn't keep times or anything was more concentrated on the story's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back