Brock Lesnar is ready for The Rock after ending The Streak

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
Brock Lesnar did the unthinkable at Wrestlemania.

He has ended The Undertaker's undefeated 21-0 Streak at Wrestlemania XXX.

After doing the unthinkable and pulling arguably the most shocking moment in wrestling history, there's only one logical option for Lesnar to face next: The Rock.

The Rock and Brock Lesnar share a lot of similarities. They both debuted in the WWE at a young age, became the youngest WWE champions ever, became the face of their company then left the world of professional wrestling, both at WMXX, and achieved success, one in Hollywood, the other in the world of Mixed Martial Arts then returned to the WWE and received one of the loudest pops in WWE history.

The Rock has revealed on his twitter that the original plan for Wrestlemania XXX was Rock vs Brock and left the door open for a possible match at WM31.

There were reports in 2013 revealing that WWE won't be releasing any Rock related merchandise until 2015 which makes the chances of The Rock wrestling at WM31 very likely.

There's only one opponent for The Rock to face and that's Brock Lesnar and vice versa.

Brock Lesnar should not face anyone at next year's Wrestlemania except The Rock.

There is no other wrestler credible enough to face someone of the stature of Brock Lesnar.

Who?

Roman Reigns? He's still green. There's a reason WWE hasn't split up The Shield yet because Reigns isn't ready to fly solo and he's still improving.

Antonio Cesaro? He needs to improve a lot on the mic and show some personality before he gets into a feud with The Beast Incarnate.

There's a pecking order in WWE. In order to headline a PPV with a part timer you need to achieve a certain amount of success such as being a multiple time world champion.

Something Cesaro or Reigns cannot achieve in a one year time especially with Cesaro targeting the IC title and Reigns possibly going after Ambrose's US title when The Shield breaks up.

Brock Lesnar is a beast. Brock Lesnar is a monster. Brock Lesnar is a conqueror.

He's not a guy who spend most of his career in the middle of the card.

He's not Chris Jericho. He's not Rob Van Dam. He's not here to help the new generation.

He's not here to put mid carders over.

Brock Lesnar is here to increase ratings. Brock Lesnar is here to increase PPV buys.

Brock Lesnar is here to break records.

Brock vs Rock will break records.

Many internet wrestling fans will criticize the fact that it's two part timers headlining a PPV but the truth is Vince McMahon didn't become a billionaire by listening to a minority of internet wrestling fans and even in that minority there are a lot of people that would be excited to see that match.

Brock Lesnar has only faced elite wrestlers at Wrestlemania: Kurt Angle, Goldberg, Triple H and The Undertaker.

Next year, the guy who defeated Hulk Hogan, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and John Cena at Wrestlemania should face the guy who ended the 21-0 Wrestlemania Streak in one of the biggest blockbuster matches in recent memory.

WM31: The Rock vs Brock Lesnar

Didn't even have to look at the poster to know who posted this one...

First of all there are a lot of options for Brock Lesnar other than just the middle-aged part time Rock who will make maybe 3 appearances this year such as Daniel Bryan, Reigns (depending on his push), Cesaro (depending on his push), and Cena right off the top of my head. Stop saying Reigns and Cesaro won't be ready in a year like you're some kind of wrestling Nostradamus... ANY wrestler can make main event status within a year.

You actually do make a good point though, Brock isn't here to put people over like Jericho and HHH but Vince will make him if he decides to leave next year. Rock vs Brock is a possibility but I would rather Rock just stop showing up before Mania. The Rock is not The Rock anymore he is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and he's a shell of his former self imo. (Would 1999 Rock EVER have to write his script on his arm?) Brock should face Bryan or Reigns at Mania... But you're probably right... I see him facing The Rock.

OK let your bashing of my opinion begin GOAT.

Ummmm why? Why would anyone want to see this match? Rock isn't a wrestler anymore and I would suggest takers match would be alot better than anything the rock can perform. The rock shouldn't wrestle anymore, he ruined himself with the second Cena match to the point where nobody really cares to see him again. Lesner has all the momentum right now and should have an awesome wrestlemania opponant...that sure as hell isn't the rock.

And for the record you really don't have to make a thread/comment on a thread every few minutes, hobbies will help

f0AoMPG.gif

There is very little, if any, actual reason for Lesnar to have any focus on the Rock.

The Rock doesn't bring any importance to Lesnar unless he's holding a title that Lesnar wants.

The next logical opponent for Lesnar is Bryan.

Ummmm why? Why would anyone want to see this match? Rock isn't a wrestler anymore and I would suggest takers match would be alot better than anything the rock can perform. The rock shouldn't wrestle anymore, he ruined himself with the second Cena match to the point where nobody really cares to see him again. Lesner has all the momentum right now and should have an awesome wrestlemania opponant...that sure as hell isn't the rock.

And for the record you really don't have to make a thread/comment on a thread every few minutes, hobbies will help

Taker vs Lesnar was one of the worst WM matches in recent memory.

Rock can surely have a better match with Lesnar than Taker did.

Laughing at your last comment btw. I remember leaving WZ Forums for 2 Weeks then came back, posted a thread then you said I'm always posting on WZ lmao.

Seriously get a life and stop trolling trying to attack people on the internet, it's sad really lol.

Taker vs Lesnar was one of the worst WM matches in recent memory.

Rock can surely have a better match with Lesnar than Taker did.

Laughing at your last comment btw. I remember leaving WZ Forums for 2 Weeks then came back, posted a thread then you said I'm always posting on WZ lmao.

Seriously get a life and stop trolling trying to attack people on the internet, it's sad really lol.

I was saying that takers match wasn't good but it would still be better than rocks...get it????

For fun people can click your name and see a list of your posts and I bet you would feel a little embarrassed huh? I'm trying to help you, you come across as weird

f0AoMPG.gif

There is very little, if any, actual reason for Lesnar to have any focus on the Rock.

The Rock doesn't bring any importance to Lesnar unless he's holding a title that Lesnar wants.

The next logical opponent for Lesnar is Bryan.

When would Lesnar face Bryan? At Wrestlemania?

Is Bryan going to be champ for a year?

Ok then, Summerslam? And if they did this match at Summerslam, who wins?

Lesnar isn't going to wrestle full time so he won't stay after Summerslam and if Bryan wins, it'll ruin Lesnar's momentum going to Wrestlemania.

Why would Lesnar face Rock? Does it really matter? WWE writers will find a story.

It's a possibility. Or he could drop it to Lesnar at SummerSlam and face him again at Mania (not suggesting Lesnar keeps it from SummerSlam to Mania).

Lesnar isn't going to wrestle full time so he won't stay after Summerslam and if Bryan wins, it'll ruin Lesnar's momentum going to Wrestlemania.

He doesn't have to wrestle full time to face Bryan at Mania 31.

Why would Lesnar face Rock? Does it really matter? WWE writers will find a story.

Huh... so wait, let me re~quote your reply so I can use your logic.

Does it really matter? WWE writers will find a story.

If Lesnar faces Bryan at SS, Lesnar will win the title. If Lesnar faces Bryan at Survivor Series, Lesnar will win the title. If Lesnar faces Bryan at RR, Lesnar will win the title. Bryan faces him eventually at Wrestlemania in a rematch for the WWEWHC. That's logical booking. Rock/Brock is a money grab.

I was saying that takers match wasn't good but it would still be better than rocks...get it????

For fun people can click your name and see a list of your posts and I bet you would feel a little embarrassed huh? I'm trying to help you, you come across as weird

Nope. Don't think so. The Rock had two great matches with John Cena.

One of them even won the prestigious Slammy Award for match of the year! :)

Embarrassed? Lol. Why would I be embarrassed? I'm not the weirdo stalking people on the internet.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Adios!

Does it really matter? WWE writers will find a story.

Fair enough.

I'm not against Brock-Bryan at all. It's one of the matches I want to see.

I just think WWE should capitalize on Brock ending The Streak to create a Huge match like Rock-Brock.

It's common sense. Those 2 are the biggest draws in WWE.

WWE wants to do Rock-Brock. It will get them a lot of mainstream attention.

It's a Now Or Never kind of thing.

If WWE does Rock vs Brock after Lesnar loses to Bryan or Reigns or Cesaro, etc. it just wouldn't feel like a big deal.

If that's what you believe, more power to ya'. I thought their first match was great while their second one was pretty mediocre, though I can't necessarily say that it was either his or Cena's fault. The Rock got hurt about midway through the match but toughed it out, so I give him credit for that, but it also lowered the quality of the match. The biggest factor going against them was that this match was for the title, a title that a hefty number of fans believed shouldn't have been involved in the first place. Because of the presence of the title and The Rock's status as a special attraction, you knew Cena was gonna take the title off him the moment he won it from CM Punk. So, the match given to the fans was a special attraction given a vanity run who'll disappear after WrestleMania versus an opponent who's held the title so many times that most fans are bored with him as champion. Not exactly what I call a huge payoff.

As for Lesnar vs. The Rock, meh. Unless Lesnar renews/extends his current deal, WrestleMania XXXI will be his last match in WWE and if it does indeed turn out to be his last match, I think it'd be nice to see someone go against Lesnar who could actually gain some benefit from the match. Taker wanted Lesnar to end the streak, for some strange reason. I respect Taker's decision, but I personally don't agree with it as I think it was a missed opportunity. I'd see Brock Lesnar's last match by losing to The Rock or, worse, beating The Rock and then just walking away from WWE, as another example of a missed opportunity. Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Cesaro, Bryan, etc. are all guys who'd benefit from slaying the beast on wrestling's biggest stage.

One of them even won the prestigious Slammy Award for match of the year! :)

Perhaps you should win the "I'm Talking and I Can't Shut Up for Biggest Mouth" Slammy Award.

Speaking of Slammy Awards...

Shawn Michaels has 5 Match of the Year awards, does that suggest he should face Brock at Mania?

If Lesnar faces Bryan at SS, Lesnar will win the title. If Lesnar faces Bryan at Survivor Series, Lesnar will win the title. If Lesnar faces Bryan at RR, Lesnar will win the title. Bryan faces him eventually at Wrestlemania in a rematch for the WWEWHC. That's logical booking. Rock/Brock is a money grab.

I can only see Lesnar winning the title at the rumble.

Having Lesnar win the title at Summerslam or Survivor Series and keeping the title till wrestlemania and working a part time schedule during that time is absurd.

Also, why would people pay to see a match (at WM) they've seen two months ago (at the rumble)?

Doesn't make sense.

Perhaps you should win the "I'm Talking and I Can't Shut Up for Biggest Mouth" Slammy Award.

Speaking of Slammy Awards...

Shawn Michaels has 5 Match of the Year awards, does that suggest he should face Brock at Mania?

I'm not talking, I'm typing.

Anyway, back to your point I never really liked Shawn because I was a Bret hart mark but it'd be cool if he came out of retirement.

HBK vs Brock would be amazing but I'd also enjoy seeing Rock vs HBK more and a DB vs HBK match would've been epic.

Fair enough.

I'm not against Brock-Bryan at all. It's one of the matches I want to see.

I just think WWE should capitalize on Brock ending The Streak to create a Huge match like Rock-Brock.

It's common sense. Those 2 are the biggest draws in WWE.

WWE wants to do Rock-Brock. It will get them a lot of mainstream attention.

It's a Now Or Never kind of thing.

If WWE does Rock vs Brock after Lesnar loses to Bryan or Reigns or Cesaro, etc. it just wouldn't feel like a big deal.

What's common sense is not digging up the Rock for a single one off match that doesn't mean much of anything in the long run.

I mean... really, what's the purpose of it? (other than simply money)

"OMG, THE ROCK LOST TO THE GUY WHO BEAT THE STREAK!"

"OMG, BROCK BEAT ROCK AGAIN... JUST BECAUSE...!"

There's no title, no legacy anymore, no "end of an era" situation.

What's the actual build up?

I'm not talking, I'm typing.

Wow...

Anyway, back to your point I never really liked Shawn because I was a Bret hart mark but it'd be cool if he came out of retirement.

HBK vs Brock would be amazing but I'd also enjoy seeing Rock vs HBK more and a DB vs HBK match would've been epic.

"Back to your point."

You didn't understand my point in the least.

No. We're passed this. We're in an era where WWE is trying to usher in a new generation of guys. We're getting Daniel Bryan and the Shield and the Wyatts and Cesaro. The end of the Undertaker's streak should be the end of part-time veteran vs. part-time veteran matches at Wrestlemania until the likes of Cena and Orton are part-timers.

If the Rock ever wrestles again, he should be losing. And it should matter that he loses. If Brock beats the Rock, it won't matter. Brock beating anyone at this point doesn't matter, he just beat the god damn streak. What matters now is someone beating Brock. And whoever the next person is to defeat Brock Lesnar has to be a very careful decision. It's beating the man who ended the streak, it'll be right up there with beating Cena clean.

Plus, the match itself would suck. The Rock worked hard against Cena, but he still wasn't very good, particularly in their second match. Lesnar needs someone like a Punk or a Bryan to take those major bumps and get his ass kicked. The Rock, or rather his connections in Hollywood, wouldn't allow that to happen. So the match would probably suck.

If that's what you believe, more power to ya'. I thought their first match was great while their second one was pretty mediocre, though I can't necessarily say that it was either his or Cena's fault. The Rock got hurt about midway through the match but toughed it out, so I give him credit for that, but it also lowered the quality of the match. The biggest factor going against them was that this match was for the title, a title that a hefty number of fans believed shouldn't have been involved in the first place. Because of the presence of the title and The Rock's status as a special attraction, you knew Cena was gonna take the title off him the moment he won it from CM Punk. So, the match given to the fans was a special attraction given a vanity run who'll disappear after WrestleMania versus an opponent who's held the title so many times that most fans are bored with him as champion. Not exactly what I call a huge payoff.

As for Lesnar vs. The Rock, meh. Unless Lesnar renews/extends his current deal, WrestleMania XXXI will be his last match in WWE and if it does indeed turn out to be his last match, I think it'd be nice to see someone go against Lesnar who could actually gain some benefit from the match. Taker wanted Lesnar to end the streak, for some strange reason. I respect Taker's decision, but I personally don't agree with it as I think it was a missed opportunity. I'd see Brock Lesnar's last match by losing to The Rock or, worse, beating The Rock and then just walking away from WWE, as another example of a missed opportunity. Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Cesaro, Bryan, etc. are all guys who'd benefit from slaying the beast on wrestling's biggest stage.

Lesnar ended The Streak.

I'm 99% Brock will renew his contract.

Also, Brock can't go back to the octagon. I think his best option is the WWE and I think he's definitely staying.

Rock/Brock works but I just feel like Brock is on another level right now as far as dominance in the ring. If they're going to do it I would hope to see Rocky get some kind of push and I fail to see that happening due to his lack of time and being a special attraction. I also don't see muchin the feud. The story is there but he would basically be doing his schtick with Heyman. I almost expect Brock would come through as the fan favorite. The Rock probably doesn't want to go through that experience as it may hurt his Hollywood drawing ability as Mr. Genuine Nice guy with muscles.

If The Rock is going to work again I expect that we may get a Rocky/Cena undercard rubber match or Rock working with a heel like Wyatt or one of the Evolution guys. As far as Lesnar goes a lot could happen in 12 months. Maybe UT gets his win back. Maybe Cesaro breaks from Heyman. Maybe Punk comes back to avenge the guy that almost killed him. Maybe Bryan wins the Rumble and faces Brock for the title after Brock wins the title at RR.

So many scenarios. In summary, Brock/Rock works but I don't see it as the end all be all.

No. We're passed this. We're in an era where WWE is trying to usher in a new generation of guys. We're getting Daniel Bryan and the Shield and the Wyatts and Cesaro. The end of the Undertaker's streak should be the end of part-time veteran vs. part-time veteran matches at Wrestlemania until the likes of Cena and Orton are part-timers.

If the Rock ever wrestles again, he should be losing. And it should matter that he loses. If Brock beats the Rock, it won't matter. Brock beating anyone at this point doesn't matter, he just beat the god damn streak. What matters now is someone beating Brock. And whoever the next person is to defeat Brock Lesnar has to be a very careful decision. It's beating the man who ended the streak, it'll be right up there with beating Cena clean.

Plus, the match itself would suck. The Rock worked hard against Cena, but he still wasn't very good, particularly in their second match. Lesnar needs someone like a Punk or a Bryan to take those major bumps and get his ass kicked. The Rock, or rather his connections in Hollywood, wouldn't allow that to happen. So the match would probably suck.

We're in a new generation but WWE still needs part timers to sell Mania.

This year, WWE showcased a lot of young talents at mania but it's because Mania was on the WWE Network for 10 bucks.

Next year's Mania won't be on the WWE Network, it's going to be for 60 bucks again.

Also, I disagree about the notion that the match would suck.

I think they'll have a pretty good match. Brock-Cena in '12 was epic and it didn't have any crazy bumps.

We're in a new generation but WWE still needs part timers to sell Mania.

This year, WWE showcased a lot of young talents at mania but it's because Mania was on the WWE Network for 10 bucks.

Next year's Mania won't be on the WWE Network, it's going to be for 60 bucks again.

Huh? Really? Where did that information come from?
Also, I disagree about the notion that the match would suck.

I think they'll have a pretty good match. Brock-Cena in '12 was epic and it didn't have any crazy bumps.

The match will only be as good as how much people care about the outcome. I think folks are struggling to understand why they should care. Why would a diehard fan care and why would a casual fan care? Rocky isn't a sympathetic face anymore. He came back and won the title, no matter how much beating Lesnar means to his character, I think in general fans can't comprehend that it really means anything to them.

There are so many things I would like to comment on here, but if I quoted them all, this post would run forever.

First of all, what is this like the 1,000,000 post about how great Rock is by the same poster. It's bordering on obsessive how much you worship Rock. To insinuate that Rock is so much better than every single person in the wrestling world is beyond ridiculous. Rock is in no way the greatest or the most popular. Ask anyone, they will tell you that during the time Rock was active, Steve Austin was the number one guy. To this day, Steve Austin is the most popular superstar in the history of WWE, and probably wrestling in general.

Now this thing about Rock vs. Brock, who cares? Who really wants to see one guy who is there maybe every 3-4 months facing a guy who only shows up once a year, especially when there is absolutely nothing to gain from it. There is no streak like with Taker, and having a title on the line is pointless considering neither will be there to defend it regularly. Rock vs Brock only has one logical story behind it, and it's that Brock kicked Rock's ass in 2002. Who would really care to revisit that 13 years later? It's pointless, and would only be for money. It would mean nothing to either man, or to WWE.

And to the thought that Brock should face Rock because he beat Austin, Hogan, and Cena at previous Wrestlemanias. Sure, Rock beat those guys at three different events, but if that's the logic, then Daniel Bryan deserves to face Brock even more. Bryan beat Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton at the SAME Wrestlemania. He beat three of the biggest names in WWE at Wrestlemania on the same night. That should put him first in line to face the man that ended the streak by the logic used.

Honestly, anyone can be built up to be a credible threat to Lesnar in one year. Cesaro, Reigns, Big E, or whoever else with a year to work with can be made into a threat to Lesnar. It's easy to do it, in fact if the reported match with Reigns and HHH happens, Reigns with a win instantly becomes a legitimate threat. As others have stated, WWE is focused on ushering in New, young talent rather than going with the older guys now. It would serve everyone involved to have Brock face a younger guy, especially if he doesn't resign his contract. It's better for him to go out putting someone over, just like others before him. That's not to say Brock will leave, but if he does, you leave taking a loss. Austin, HBK, Flair, and potentially Taker all went out staring up at the lights, it's just how things are done.

There are several matches I'd like to see Brock have, matches against Bryan, Cesaro, Reigns, Sheamus, I'd even like to see him face Barrett. But I do not want to see him face Rock, that match holds no appeal to me because it would accomplish nothing.

Having Lesnar win the title at Summerslam or Survivor Series and keeping the title till wrestlemania and working a part time schedule during that time is absurd.

Also, why would people pay to see a match (at WM) they've seen two months ago (at the rumble)?

Doesn't make sense.

It is not "absurd" (you use that word a lot) if Lesnar defends his championship at at 3 or 4 PPV's... He doesn't have to be on every Raw to be the champion, he just has to be there enough to keep the fans happy. One of the likely possibilities as it looks right now is to have Lesnar go over Bryan at Summerslam so obviously it is not absurd.

Why would fans pay to watch a match they saw two months ago. Uhhhh it's called a REMATCH, and they would watch to see Bryan beat Lesnar for the title... What's the sense in having Rock vs Lesnar? YAY I WIN! NOW I LEAVE THE FANS WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AFTER HAVING A 2-STAR MATCH. You need to check your logic.

And as for you saying you're 99% sure that Lesnar will re-sign... Are you just talking out of your ass or do you have ANY info on this whatsoever. Last time I heard Brock was itching to get back in the Octagon and Dana White was itching to get him back... He's gone after his contract expires because that's what Lesnar does.

Doesn't make sense.

I almost forgot to comment on this.

Why would it be absurd for Brock to win the title as a part timer? It's not like it hasn't been done before. Wait, who was that guy that did it, oh yeah, it was Rock. So why is it absurd for Brock to do it, yet okay for Rock. Sure, it would be a little longer, but still the same. And at least with Brock, you know you are going to get a pretty good to great match, unlike with Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back