Brock Lesnar the most entertaining Heavyweight

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ive been watching some Brock Lesnar matches from 2002-2003 and the pops he was getting were epic his matches were 5 star and he made Big Show important in this time period because people loved to watch Brock Lesnar throw Big Show around like a light weight,

he flew around the ring better then some crusierweights and he is the fastest rising star in the history of the WWE. Look at some of his grestest matches.

HITC no mercy 2002 vs Undertaker
Wrestlemania 19 vs Kurt Angle
Summerslam 2003 vs Kurt Angle
Suvivor Seris 2002 vs Big Show ( not his grestest but the first time WWE fans saw someone man handle the Big Show be honest everyone marked out when they watched it the first time)
Judgement Day 2003 Strecher Match vs Big Show
No Way Out 2004 vs Eddie Guerreruo

their just some of my favourites I know he wasnt in the company that long but look at the pop he got when he returned it was as loud or louder then the Rocks.

So my question is

Where do you rate Brock Lesnars Run in WWE History?

Could he of been bigger then The Rock, Stone Cold and so fourth or on their par if vince would of resigned him back in mid 2004 or if he never left?

Would you Rate Brocks run as face of the company in the top 3?

Well for I rate Brock Lesnars run on top as better then Cenas Era but Brock did have Rock,HHH,Austin,Angle,Eddie in his time so its abit unfair.

but Overall I rate Brock Lesnar as proberly the most Well Rounded Heavyweight in History.

Brock Lesnar was very talented. He had real power unlike Batista, his speed was so explosive inside the confined dimensions of the ring and was as technically sound as Kurt Angle. Although his mic work was pretty bad, WWE gave him one of the best of all time in Paul Heyman to handle that part of it for him. Making him the total package. The guy was a beast and one of my favourite matches was when he was a face, injured and fought the heel John Cena. He was throwing him around like a rag doll, he was an absolute beast.

There has been many discussions about if he stuck around would Cena be the face of the WWE today. He had a strong run, but until his recent return he was a foot note like Goldberg was. He was only around a few years made a big impact but no longevity. I guess we will see what happens if anything on this next run of his that really hasn't got off the ground yet...

Most well rounded heavy weight in history? Sorry, I highly doubt anybody will see it like that.

Had Lesnar stuck around, he'd be the face of the WWE, but we'll see at SummerSlam if he's still got it (I won't judge the Over The Limit match because of ring rust)

But now that Lesnar is obviously in it for the money rather than in it because it's what he liked to do (I won't say loved because he would of stayed if he loved it) I doubt he'll be half of what he used to be.

Would I rate him top 3 in his time as face of the company? No, because Triple H was the face of the company in the time Lesnar was there. Also, you have to stick around longer than Brock did to be recognized as the face of the company. As stated above, he was Smackdown's version of Goldberg, did some good things but if you blinked you missed him

Honestly I don't even remember Lesnar's run as a face because in the time Lesnar was on Smackdown I had to work those nights. Unfortunately, I only watched Raw and instead witnessed the HHH show and missed probably the greatest era in Smackdown's history.

As a heel though, Lesnar was the total package. It felt like his push was far too soon and too fast, and his eventual title win over The Rock at Summerslam 2002 felt too forced. Don't get me wrong, Lesnar was a believable threat, but you can even ask Stone Cold about that...because he was angered by WWE officials when they booked Lesnar to go over Stone Cold on Raw.

Had Lesnar stayed he would have been a megastar, the fans only turned on him during his WM match with Goldberg because he was about to leave so he could tryout for the NFL Vikings. Cena would have still become a big star, but would have basically been the CM Punk to Lesnar's "Super Cena".

In ranking Brock Lesnar, I view him similarly to the Ultimate Warrior and Sid. While he was as talented as Kurt Angle with his amateur wrestling background, he was ultimately a large heavyweight with a lack of passion for the business. Paul Heyman made Brock Lesnar, and if it weren't for Heyman's involvement I think Lesnar would be this eras Sid.

As far as entertaining goes Yes Brock was the best of the bunch! True his mic work was shady at best but Paul E was their to help brock on that department! Can anyone name another heavyweight who has the speed,strength,and just natural ability that brock has? Brock is and was still very explosive his strength the way he ragdolls people in the ring is truly once in a lifetime!

The speed on that man is amazing! Your talking about a guy who weighs close to 300 pounds and runs a 4.5 in the 40 yard dash. Thats scary and his ability in the ring is on par i feel with Kurt angle!

Was he good for his small stint sure, Was he a NCCA champion thrust upon people from the get go. Does that make him great no. Just because a star is thrust upon people from the day he starts with only his NCAA background and then Quits when he is asked to step off the championship title makes him a mark. If it wasn't for the greats that he wrestled ( and sold so well) he would have been mediocre at best

Could he of been bigger then The Rock, Stone Cold and so fourth or on their par if vince would of resigned him back in mid 2004 or if he never left?
No, Why the Rock had great matches where he jobbed to other and I don't mean a few like Brock. The same can be said about Stone Cold, The Hitman and any really top star. He Quit, lets get that straight. He could never be great at anything because he only wants the good and won't take the bad. Helping other wrestlers get over is the Bad ( sort of) He is one of those douche bags who always wants to win. You know the little kid mentality. As soon as he lost in WWE he quit, NFL quit, MMA Quit. Now back in the WWE with one loss I bet it is the only one.

You keep asking the same question in a different format. No matter how you cut it Brock was never the best or even top three . Hogan, Hitman, Shawn, Triple H, Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold and Undertaker is just a short list of some of the best faces of all time. They far exceed Lesnar as a face.

Well for I rate Brock Lesnars run on top as better then Cenas Era but Brock did have Rock,HHH,Austin,Angle,Eddie in his time so its abit unfair.
Yes it is far to unfair to compare Lesnars runs to Cena for one major reason Cena has no real competition. CM punk, D. Bryan are probably the only 2 that really can carry a match with Cena and make it look great. Even the Miz to a small extent was decent in the feuds with cena. However Miz can't even touch the guys in Lesnar's time. ( I won't call it era because that sounds long and 2 years isn't shit)

but Overall I rate Brock Lesnar as proberly the most Well Rounded Heavyweight in History.

Probably would be a good word to use, but you off your rocker high as a kite hopped up on crack or smack. Lesnar is 266 there is a slue of better heavy weights. here is a list

Sheamus ( also rising fast, but doesn't quit after losing)
Ron Simmons ( days in the wwe were weak but he was a beast in WCW)
Paul Orndorff ( in his time he was the man)
The Rock ( by far one of the best ever, and I dislike him)
Superstar Billy Graham
Hulk Hogan
The Undertaker
Triple H
Jimmy Snuka (also a heavy weight this man fly around like no other, But in his day the title wasn't given based on size )
Batista

You can mark for Lesnar all you want but the facts remain a true star can job, win and put people over. Lesnar could win or jump and break his neck. He hurts people and has little talent outside of true grappling. WWE is about showmanship and Lesnar has none. It make me sick the WWE would pay a dollar to hire this quitter back even for one match. Let Lesnar fall back in to the world of the unknown or the could have been. He will not fight in MMA again because he is a puss bag. If it wasn't for the WWE Lesnar would never be heard from again.

Yes He is the most entertaining heavyweight. Nobody can do what Brock can do as a heavyweight I found all his matches entertaining.

On the top with the likes of Rock, Steve Austin, HHH, etc.

Yes. He already became a household name after just one and a half years in the WWE. He already is on the level on Rock, Austin ,etc as he has also made his name in the "Legit" sport of UFC.

Yes. I liked Brock's run as a face and as a heel. If he wouldn't have left in 2004 he would have been the face of the WWE instead of Cena.

Because Wrestling was better back then. :)

I rate Brock Lesnar along with HHH and The Rock as the most well rounded Heavyweights in history.

He is one of the best of all time. He accomplished more than 99% of the entire wrestling world. That makes him great despite only working for like 2 years.

He had a fantastic run with massive wins over The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Cena, Big Show, Benoit, Kurt Angle and much more.

The most entertaining HW?! No. Not even close. I can name a few HWs who were more entertaining, off top of my head: Hogan, Austin, Rock, and HHH. Lesnar is arguably....hell, he's the most physically gifted athlete to ever step in a wrestling ring. He did things in the ring that not even the small guys can do. He is a very good mat wrestler, but he is no entertainer, just like he said, he's an ass kicker.

Brock Lesnar had everyone he went against carry him like a box. He's wasn't entertaining at all. So what, he did a shooting starpress. Vader did a Moonsault. Kane did Hurricanrana's. Undertaker jumped over ropes. Goldberg fucking picked up Kevin Nash and Big Show the jackhammer. Even though Goldberg was terrible seeing those Jackhammer's made me go, "holy shitttt!".

Brock will be remembered for being the incredibly gifted athlete that came on the scene very strong, and was pushed to the moon beating everyone on his way up. As far as rating his run on the top I don't think he will ever be more than a footnote due to how fast he left. At the time he was definitely on par with the top guys, and I have to address another poster that said Austin was upset when Vince wanted Brock to beat him. It is my understanding that Austin had no problem with Brock going over. It was the fact that they wanted to do it unadvertised on Raw. Austin wanted the proper build up, and wanted it to be a big money match which I believe is totally understandable. Like I said that is just how I understand it to have been.

I think some people fail to realize how good Brock actually was in the ring. Brock was an all American wrestler and a national champion. That is nothing to sneeze at. I would dare to say he was not to far behind Kurt Angle in the aspect of technical skill. The problem was he was/is not very good on the mic. If he had stayed around for as long as the other wrestlers mentioned I think he could have definitely been on par with the top guys if he had a proper mouth piece or was able to improve on the mic.

This is a tough question, and my initial thoughts are in a way yes because of sheer dominance. Brock is one of my favorite of that time. I unlike some others that posted do not think his title win was forced. It just seemed to me that it was his time, and everything that happened seemed very natural to me. He beat everyone there is to beat and in a very short span of time. I do however question if he stayed around long enough to be considered in the top 3. I would have loved to see what he would have done if he was in it for the long haul, but we will never know. I am kind of on the fence with this last question just because I can't decide if his limited time in the WWE should be a huge factor or not.

No, look at the people who vs. They help carry him besides Show. Im sorry but i never thought be was that great. If only he would of came down alot harder on his neck/head doing the shooting star press

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back