Calgary Region, Philly Subregion: Second Round: (4) Vader vs. (13) Brian Pillman

Who Wins This Match

• Vader

• Brian Pillman

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a second round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the First Union Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

PHL_First_Union_Center_4.jpg

#4 Vader

vader.jpg

Vs.

#13 Brian Pillman

bplwblt.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Pillman has never been in Vader's class - weight or talent. Pillman is incredibly agile - for a guy barely over 200 lbs. Vader is incredibly agile - for a guy well over 400 lbs.

By comparison, Sting is roughly as agile as Pillman, but is also twice as strong. Vader took Sting's agility and eventually neutralized it. He'll do the same to Pillman.

A light heavyweight mainstay who, despite his talents, was carried much of his career by guys like Austin, has no business in the ring with a monster like Vader.

Vader would wreck Pillman, plain and simple.

Vader has to almost double Pillman's weight if im correct, and Pillman was fast, but Vader was the quickest 300+ pound man i've ever seen(Except for maybe Taker in his earlier days). Vader's had more success in the ring, and non-kayfabe wise he would also wreck Pillman due to his abnormal speed for his structure.

Winner: Vader at around 5:30 minutes in.

This would be a squash match, not because one competitor would get in a ton of offense and the other would barely do anything at all, but because Vader would literally flatten Brian Pillman like a bug. Vader is a huge guy and is amazing at what he does... which is destroy everything in his path. Brian Pillman stands little chance against the might of The Mastodon.

Vader wins.

Vader and it's not even close. There isn't really any argument here for Pillman save maybe that he's quicker, but that simply doesn't matter here. Vader has dealt with smaller, more agile guys before and he's crushed them. Pillman would be no different. Vader is a beast and has defeated every name that WCW could muster (until he ran into Hogan but that's a different story), he even dominated in Japan. Pillman was good, but he doesn't come close to Big Van Vader. It's Vader Time!

While I'm reluctant to get involved in the annual Vader overrate-a-thon, there's no way he'd lose this. Pillman is remembered fondly because he was such an interesting character and initially wrestled as nobody before him ever had, but if truth be told, he's bringing a waterpistol to a gun fight. His agility wouldn't overwhelm Vader, who would then have much more strength, much more toughness, and much more size and would ultimately win.

Pillman was fun to watch in the ring. He was agile and super athletic in his prime, but Vader would simply obliterate him in less than 5 minutes.

Pillman's speed and agility would be his primary assets against Vader but it's not enough. Pillman would need to be able to bring some heavy offense to use against Vader to get the win and he simply never had it.

Vader is simply too big, strong rough & tough for Pillman to handle. The simple truth is that compared to Vader, Pillman was a nobody.

Pillman was good, but there is no way in hell he goes over Big Van Vader. Vader was a ruthless competitor who enjoyed inflicting pain on his opponents and I see him inflicting a lot of pain on the much smaller Pillman. Pillman does have some good aerial offense but I just don't see any of that knocking the big man down. I suspect Vader would just catch Pillman in mid air and slam him which would probably lead to the finish. Vader goes over.

I am glad to see Pillman get through to this round, but now I wish he hadn't.

There is no fucking way Pillman could get past Vader. The man was a wrecking machine, and Pillman would be just another victim for the Mastadon, who would snap him in half and then snap him again just for fun.

Vader would absolutely CRUSH Pillman. Brian was exciting to watch but he was never a threat to main eventers, let alone main eventers who are 400lbs, quick and agile and just basically angry motherfuckers who enjoy beating people up.

A Vader win in a squash match after 4 minutes. It would have been less, but Vader wanted to hurt Pillman some more

I can't see anyway through for Pillman. Vader was to dominant to need to resort to cheating so disqualification is out the window for an out and he was too quick and agile for a countout to be viable.

Strange for the second round but this would be an old fashioned headliner / cruiserweight squash. Plucky face Flyin Brian might get 6 or 7 minutes, heel Loose Cannon would be very lucky to see 5.

Now look, while Pillman was a very gifted athlete, Vader was no slouch himself. A man his size that was as agile as he was is simply amazing. While Pillman may be a very speedy little guy, Vader would be able to hold his own and eventually his strength would overwhelm Pillman.

That's not to say that Vader is some AMAZING wrestler either, but Pillman is slightly overrated by most due to his untimely demise. Don't get me wrong, Pillman was very talented, but one amazing promo and a handful of great matches won't get you that amount of fan-hood if you're still alive. It happens to many figures who passed too young, not just Pillman. While I respect what Pillman did, I respect what Vader did as well. No way around Vader winning this match.

Vader easily.

Pillman in his WCW days was good for his top rope stunts but always was a glorified midcarder. Vader is a power house and agile for his weight, which makes Pillman a big target. And how many world titles did Pillman win again? Vader is too powerful, quick, and smart, and if Pillman doesn't want to get destroyed, he'll lie on the canvas and let Vader put his boot on his sternum for a quick 3. If not, he's gonna get pummeled in 5 minutes.

My Vote: The Mastadon

It's quite clear to me that 4 people voted for Pillman strictly out of sympathy. Flyin' Brian was a heck of a talent and not someone people want to see get shut out, but it's beyond clear that he's just plain over matched.

In related news, Vader has won his first two rounds by a combined voting score of 152-4. Now granted, Bob Orton and Brian Pillman are two guys Vader would be able to defeat handilly in a handicap match. But it's safe to assume nobody else has THIS margin of victory in the tournament, and deservedly so. I'd love to see this be the year Vader wins it, but the fan boys who think Edge is the greatest thing since sliced bread are a tough out.

Also, according to my tournament map, Vader has Lou Thesz next. For those of you who have been following the forums for a long time, that means another head to head matchup between IC25 and Gelgarin, quite possibly two of the most evenly matched and passionate debators in forum history. I think IC25 is 2-0 in that rivalry right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back