Carlito Could Be Returning To WWE Soon!

I never really rated Carlito. He was pretty good on the mic but nothing special in the ring, and the only good thing about his look was his afro.

He's been pretty outspoken about WWE since leaving the company but I remember reading in Power Slam magazine a while ago that there was a job waiting for him in WWE when he wanted one, but at that time he wasn't interested.

If it is indeed true that WWE are thinking about bringing Carlito back then it must only be that they are really desperate for a Hispanic wrestler to replace Mysterio / Del Rio, as there are 100's of younger, better talents out there than Mr Colon. He's not World Champion material.

I find it funny how one day WZ has an article on Carlito that states, "WWE WANTS TO MAKE HIM THEIR NEXT HISPANIC MEGASTAR", and the next day they have another article stating, "They actually wanted him to work with Los Matadores..." could there be any more of a gap in these two stories? Anyway back on topic, I was a huge fan of Carlito up until it seemed like he threw in the towel. From his debut I thought he was going to do big things, but eventually he began to grate on my nerves. It was transparently obvious that later on in his career he couldn't give less of a shit about being there and I found myself wishing they would just let him go.

Opinion hasn't changed much now to be honest. Especially considering the guy isn't really a "prospect" anymore. He didn't do much in his first run to make me want to see him try again.

Also UPDATE: Main page reported a few days ago that WWE low-balled him on their offer and Carlito turned them down. Guess interest wasn't that high...

If WWE needs a Latino star to market, I hope they can find someone better than this guy. When he first debuted, he was impressive; muscular, arrogant sounding and full of promise in the ring. But after he became disenchanted .....and it was plain as day he did.....he let his physique go and his efforts in the ring indicated he stopped giving a damn.

With all the people who would love to perform for the company at the pinnacle of the profession, I can't imagine why WWE would want to hire back someone like Carlito.

Carlito ain't stupid - he didn't go to wwe, they came to him which means they need him. Doesn't matter if there are more talented guys, Vince wants him for a demographic - that's all. Why do you think Khali is still around? He has some name recognition outside of the US with the "Latino" market, was over while in the company - would take almost nothing to make him a star again. And Carlito knows all that which is probably why he said no. He can talk to Del Rio or Mysterio and find out what they made, ask for something similar. What does he have to lose? If they don't come back with a better offer, he stays where he is but if they do, he is probably champ very quickly and makes a fortune at it. Personally, I think it is good he said no. Vince has always been the one in control, good that some wrestlers are showing that you can say no to Vince and it isn't the end of the world.

I like Carlito but I think if he was to go back to WWE he would get lost in the mid-card within 6-12 months.

He's better off sticking to WWC and Indy appearances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back