Chad Knaus suspended

tommyh

BEER MONEY
Now im not sure if there are any nascar fans on this site but it has to do with sports so i decided to post on it.

During car inspection for the daytona 500 jimmie johnson's car failed the inspection.According to nascar officals considered illegal C-posts -- pillars that come down from the roof to the quarter panel -- to gain an aerodynamic advantage.

Chad knaus was allowed to fix this on the car because it was before the race.He was also allowed to the crew chief for johnson for the daytona 500. But yestorday nascar handed down its penalty down to knanus.He will be suspended for six weeks and the team docked 25 points, leaving the five-time Sprint Cup champion in his deepest hole to start the season. Knaus also was fined $100,000 and car chief Ron Malec was suspended for six weeks. Both were placed on probation until May 9.

Now this isnt the first time knaus has been in hot water with nascar.He has been suspended 4 times now an he has also been penalized by NASCAR nine times prior to this offense.

Now i believe he should be suspended for the whole year.As we can tell this isnt the first time an i just dont see how he can get a penalty this easy.I could understand if this was the first time but its not.Also it has to make you wonder about the 5 straight titles that johnson won. How much of that did they cheat on since thats a record for straight titles.

So my question to all of yall is do you think the penalty that nascar gave him is to light to to heavy.Just wanna hear your throught on this

seems more than necessary in my opinion, with as strict as the rulings are in NASCAR now, you can be docked for cheating because of mechanical failure, causing things to change fractions of inches. With as many times as cars are inspected each weekend before racing, I find it hard to believe that someone who is constantly winning could cheat without getting caught.

The cars are tested as soon as they are unloaded, before qualifying, before racing, after racing, the teams don't have time before or after these inspections to change the cars. there are always a hand full of NASCAR Officials around each and every car.

The only way to actually cheat in NASCAR is to have some officials helping you out... which I would be skeptical of at this time... not that it couldn't happen.

Am I really surprised he got dinged again? Not really. I did see that Johnson's car was out of spec. If this is what Johnson wants to be remembered for is a crew chief that is trying to completely bend the rules then great... but to be honest... how many times has Knaus been suspended since being the head of Johnson's crew? If I was Rick Hendrick I'd be blowing up at this douche. (I'm not Chad's biggest fan... even though the guy I followed forever is on the same team...)

NASCAR makes the rules for a reason. If he can't seem to abide by the rules he deserves to sit his ass at home. Enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back