Nascar Sprint Series Thread - 2010

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
We are one race in to the season and we have our first winner. Jamie McMurray won the Daytona 500, finishing ahead of Dale Earnhart. My team of Burton/Johnson/Gordon did not do well finishing 12/35/25 respectively. I hope that they are able to get back on track by the next race. Fontana is up next, so hopefully all the Nascar fans watch and post it up in here.

Jimmie is my favorite racer and while he may not have had a good race, I was impressed with him. He had car problems all day and really hung around until he had to leave the race with I think a blown engine. Jimmie races good at Fontana, so I expect him to bounce back.

I became a NASCAR fan in spring of '09. I haven't missed a race since Talladega, so I know a lot about recent things, but not as far back as the '50s to '90s.

My favorite racing team is Roush Fenway, (Biffle, Edwards, Kenseth, Ragan). I was happy when Jamie McMurray won the Daytona 500, even though he left the team last season.

I've become a fan of Hendrick Motorsports recently, mostly Jeff Gordon. I'm not a fan of Mark martin however, if only because his primary sponsor is GoDaddy, rival of the company my sister works in, Register.

I realize that Jimmie Johnson is a 4 time champ now, and is really good at Fontana, but if I had to, I'd bet on Matt Kenseth, who won last year, and won 3x at this track. I'll definitely be watching.

I'm a huge fan. Have been since I was a kid but that's cause my dad was a fan and I got in to it from there and still love it now.

Even thought Jr is my favorite Driver I was happy to see Jamie won. He's a good guy and always smiling so I knew he'd be happy over this. I loved his interview in Victory Lane. That was true emotion. As for who's gonna win this weekend I'll go with Jeff Gordon or Mark Martin.

Race ended on time yesterday. Jimmie Johnson won, and led the most laps.

Some other people who led laps:

Harvick, Burton, Martin, Kurt Busch, Bowyer, Speed, Vickers, Kyle Busch, Gordon, Hamlin, Montoya, and Blaney.

23 finished on lead lap.

Top 10 finishers were:

Jimmie Johnson
Kevin Harvick
Jeff Burton
Mark Martin
Joey Logano
Kurt Busch
Matt Kenseth (my favorite for this race)
Clint Bowyer
Tony Stewart
Greg Biffle

(My) Random facts: Stone Cold had a short interview shown on TV during the race.

Top 4 finishers were Chevys, 6 overall in top 10. First year out of the last 6 that Roush Fenway Fords didn't finish first.

Jimmie Johnson won 333k.

Jamie McMurray, the polesitter, led 0 laps, and finished 17th. (Still #4 in standings.)

I was glad to see Jimmie Johnson getting his car back on track, literally as he dominated race #2. Johnson is my second favourite car, and after watching as he grew as a rookie up until present days, I am so proud of him. He moves up to 12th place after that, 23 car rise in one race... (this is why I love the early races).

My third favourite is Harvick, and he is currently leading after two races. LEts just hope that Jeff Gordan moves up.

I was hoping for a Harvick win at the end as I'm not a Johnson fan by any means.

What I don't like is how Dale Jr can't seem to do shit anymore. He's a Daytona 500 Champion. He's won The Pepsi 400 and is the only person to win what....4 straight races at Talledga has like...18 wins but not won in like almost close to two years ...

Hopefully he picks it up soon or gets some better cars or something.

Anyway next race is Veges and I think Carl Edwards is going to win it.

Good to see Jimmie win. He was my pick for the week and being my favorite driver it made it that much better. Edwards is a solid pick, I'm gonna go with Kenseth however. He has had some solid success in the past at Vegas.

Is there any chance we can add Nascar races to the vBookie or maybe start a Fantasy League. We missed the first two races so idk if it be possible to get one going or not but if so I'd love to do it. I mean mainly cause it would give me away to get noticed up on here.

Two in a row for Jimmie. Missed the race as I was doing homework and actually watching hockey, but I saw he won when I checked the results this morning. So I'm definitely pumped that Jimmie bounced back from a below average run at Daytona. I believe Atlanta is up next and I have a feeling wrestling's favorite driver, Carl Edwards is gonna take the checkered on this one.

Great race yesterday at Vegas.

If I recall correctly, the biggest crash was a 3 car crash, involving teammates JPM and Jamie McMurray, who I'm really starting to like, as well as polesitter Kurt Busch. I think there were 7 cautions but most of them were extremely small.

People who led laps: Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer, Greg Biffle, Kyle Busch, and Scott Speed (Somehow).

Top 10 were:
Jimmie Johnson
Kevin Harvick
Jeff Gordon
Mark Martin
Matt Kenseth (My favorite for this race)
Joey Logano
Tony Stewart
Clint Bowyer
Kasey Kahne
Greg Biffle.

Next race: Atlanta Motor Speedway.

This is the track where the late Dale Earnhardt (RIP) won 9 times.

The Dale Jr. fans will be happy, he has excelled at this track, and Bristol too, which is right after Atlanta.

I'll take a risk and bet on "Shrub" Kyle Busch, who has won once here before, and hasn't won in about half a year. No other reason to be honest.

Some smart bets would be: Dale Jr.(great here), Ryan Newman(7 poles here), Mark Martin(2 wins here), Kurt Busch(2 wins here), and Kasey Kahne(2 wins here).

Have fun watching, fans.

I'm gonna take a big ass risk here and pick David Regan to get in the home track win.

I know its a huge risk but One I am willing to take.

but damnit Jimmie Johnson two in a row. I'm not liking this. I'd love to see Jr win also but I don't think its gonna happen.

Anyways...my idea for Nascar in vBookie gonna happen...yes...no...maybe

I missed on that race, but I must say, after watching highlights, it has become obvious that there are two types of racers this season. Bush won, but lets disclude him from the convo. you have Jimmie Johnson, scoring the big points for his wins. But if he is not winning, he is losing hard.

Then you have Kevin Harvick. Each and every week, the man is putting on a top 10 race (4-0), including two top 5s. If he can move it over to wins, hes going to be in the chase, and have a chance to win it all this year. These two racers sit 4 and 1st, so even though Johnson has the extra points, Harvick gets the wins.

I like the short tracks, and next week, I get my race. Bristol is always an exciting race here for som excitement.

Damnit Johnson won again. I'm getting sick of this to be honest. Maybe he won't win the Championship again or I'd be mad as hell.

I wanna see Harvick or Marin or Jr win. Hell right now I'd take a Kyle Busch win over Johnson.

You won't hear any complaints of Jimmie winning with me. Guy is flat out the best driver there is and I really think he stands a great chance at going for his 5th straight.

I'm not gonna deny his talent. I just for some reason don't like to see him win. I like the guys who can be funny and joke around. Guys like Harvick and Stewart.

Johnson and Gordon but seem way to serious for me. Now Gordon has had some fun. I wish his SNL would come on again but that's besides the point.

Anyway for this weeks race I'll go with Jeff Gordon getting the win. He has ran good here before and I think this week is his week to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back