Checker Auto Parts 500
Sun, November 15, 2009
Phoenix International Raceway
Phoenix, AZ

Ford 400
Sun, November 22, 2009
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Miami, FL

For the 2009 season, I'm hoping to see multiple winners. By that I mean I would not like to see Jimmie Johnson win 10 races during the season. I would like to see a variety of winners. Granted, I know that may not happen, because it all depends on how good the cars are during the races, or how well the drivers are driving.

Granted on this, I will be biased, because I am a huge Kevin Harvick fan and of course being a fan of Kevin Harvick, I would like him to win ALL the races, but I know that won't happen. If anything this season, I would enjoy Harvick winning the Daytona 500 and the Championship Cup.

I'm interested in this season because Jimmie Johnson does have the opportunity to do what no other driver has done in Nascar Cup Series history. That would be him winning the Championship Cup 4 years in a row. While I may not a Jimmie Johnson fan, I do believe a historical event like this could boost Nascar into a higher position in sports.

What are everyone's opinions on the upcoming Nascar Season?

Please Keep All Nascar Related Topics in here.

I am a die-hard (is there any other in Nascar?) fan of Jeff Burton. He's the ultimate nice-guy in the sport, and has been competitive rather regularly throughout his career.

I'm hoping there is a wide array of winners this year. I don't like seeing 2 guys win half the series, and then everyone else gets one or two.

My favorite tracks are Talladega and Pocono. Talladega is just fast, white-knuckled racing at it's finest, and truly is a wild-card on the circuit. I love Pocono, not only because I live close by, but because of the uniqueness of the track. It's one of the few tracks where the best drivers do well, not the best cars. I like that at any given Pocono race, you have no idea whol will race well, or who will win.

My predicition for this year, is a title for Dale Jr. He deserves it, and is, without a doubt, the most popular on the track. He raced well for the new team last year, and can only be better with another year running the same engines.

Dude, Pocono sucks. I have been to Pocono like five times, and i hate it more and more each time.

Anyways, I have faith in Jimmie Johnson, he a 3 time Champion, and he has been competitive his entire career. Who is going to dethrone him? Tony Stewart? No, he races in spurts, and sometimes he'll go months without winning and Jimmie is usually consistent. Dale Jr? That's also laughable, his popularity doesn't equal success on the track. When he starts winning races then maybe we'll talk. Jeff Gordon? Maybe, but he seems to be regressing. He usually starts off like a house on fire but usually struggles towards the end of the season. Kyle Bush? Maybe, I think he'll finish second. Last year he was winning races, but when he wasn't winning he was finishing like 25th. That isn't good enough to win a points championship.

I am a die-hard (is there any other in Nascar?) fan of Jeff Burton. He's the ultimate nice-guy in the sport, and has been competitive rather regularly throughout his career.

Wow, we actually agree on something. I was about to reply back to you on the HHH-Steph thread, but i've got to let it go since you are a fellow Jeff Burton fan..haha.

Jeff Burton can have a really strong season, but if Jimmie Johnson keeps getting by without having to pass inspection yet again then we will have to deal with even more Hendrick cheating. I'm not expecting any miracles out of NASCAR though. They have already shown that they play favorites and influence the outcomes of races whenever they want.

Martin Truex on the pole? Wow...

I'm not so much surprised that it's a "second-tier" driver on the pole, but I'm surprised that it's Truex. He's a class guy, and is a good driver, but he's never on the tip of anyone's tongue when it comes to great qualifiers. Hopefully, he can keep his nose clean in the Duals, and keep his car in good condition to make a run at winning the 500.

I only watched bits and pieces of qualifying, but it looked like a number of the young guys, and a lot of the guys in new situations, all did pretty well. I know it's not a sign of anything come race time, but it was good to see how the off-season panned out for everyone, and to get a good idea of what will, and won't work for the season.

My guess for Daytona 500 winner: Dale Jr.

He runs great on restrictor plate tracks, and was amazing in the 88 last year. I think he'll get off to a great start for '09.

Jimmie Johnson qualified sixth, which is great, seeing as how he was like the 8th person on the track. The guy keeps getting better, and if he keeps his nose clean he could win the Daytona 500. But i don't think it is going to happen, my early pick is Ryan Newman, he was awesome last year in this particular race, and if it isn't him, i am going for Mark Martin. Even though i strongly dislike him, i want him to win a race at Daytona in February, he truly deserves it. My wild card pick is Juan Pablo, if he wins this race he will make a name for himself, and a good name at that, it will take away from his bad boy image, and it'll show what kind of driver he really is.

Jimmie Johnson qualified sixth, which is great, seeing as how he was like the 8th person on the track.

That's a great showing, but he hasn't qualified for position yet. The only spots that have been determined, is the front row. The rest of the field will find out where they start, depending on how they run in the Duals on Thursday. Johnson could still end up with a great starting spot, but considering he's already in, based on being in the top 35 of owner's points, he could also just lay low, and try to keep his car in one piece. It wouldn't be good to try and defend his championship with a backup car.

Daytona is rarely about where you start anyway. It's one of the few tracks where you can win from anywhere in the field.

That's a great showing, but he hasn't qualified for position yet.
O fuck, you're right
The rest of the field will find out where they start, depending on how they run in the Duals on Thursday.
I forgot about the shootouts. The two weeks at Daytona really piss me off, it takes forever.
Johnson could still end up with a great starting spot, but considering he's already in[, based on being in the top 35 of owner's points, he could also just lay low, and try to keep his car in one piece. It wouldn't be good to try and defend his championship with a backup car.
Being a huge Johnson fan i would love for a top 20 start. Starting in the back is never good because you're like one little bump of getting lapped or truly fucked up. If you actually stay in the middle you have a little bit of room for error. Hopefully Jimmie races, but hopefully he races smart.
Daytona is rarely about where you start anyway. It's one of the few tracks where you can win from anywhere in the field.
I actually disagree, a top 20 is fine, but from 30 on back would be bad. Usually the bad drivers qualify towards the back at Daytona because this track usually separates the boys from the men. Anyways, i fully expect a good starting spot from Jimmie, he is an experienced racer who knows how to get the job done, and he usually doesn't make the "big" mistake, and he usually avoids the "big" crash at a restrictor place track.

Reactions: NSL
I'm going to say Jimmie Johnson wins the Daytona 500 and the Championship again. I've liked Jimmie since 2002 when he started in the Sprint cup series, and I love all the success he's had. The man has become unstoppable. He can win on any kind of track, at any time of the year. Jimmie should really go down in the history books as one of the greatest NASCAR drivers of all time.

The Daytona 500 was pretty meh. I was really hoping that the race would finish, so we could see one of those wild last lap passes again. But I'm happy for Matt Kenseth. He's a good guy and I'm sure he deserves it. It'll be interesting to see if he can carry the momentum into next week at California.

the Daytona 500 was a massive disappointment to me. The only time it got exciting was from lap 90 to 100, and then at the wreck on lap 124.

I hate seeing races shortened due to rain, and this one seems like it could have finished. It reminds me of the World Series game that got split because of rain. It's the Daytona 500 for crying out loud. It deserves a better finish than this.

Kenseth ran a good race, and deserved the win, but I would liked to have seen a more competitive finish. As a Jeff Burton fan, I know he could've moved back up to the front following the Black Flag, and it would've been nice to see Mark Martin compete for the win also.

On the whole, I was impressed by the rookies. Logano was running alright, and was keeping his nose clean, and got wiped out in a crash that wasn't his fault in the least. Scott Speed wasn't necessarily running well, but he was on the lead lap, and wasn't involved in anything dramatic, until Earnhardt lost his temper and took out a chunk of the field.

I hate to say it, but Kyle Busch also impressed me. I doubt he would have won, because he always starts well, but runs out of steam as the race wears on. Jeff Gordon also ran well, as expected, and probably could've contended for the win, if the race continued under green. Allmendinger probably had the best run, of the drivers that no one saw coming. He was in the top 10 almost all day, and although he probably wasn't going to win, he would've had a legit top 5 position at the end. Too bad he's running a limited schedule.

I just finished watching the Daytona 500 on Sunday. I thought it was a pretty good race. A few wrecks here and there. I think the new whiner/baby of Nascar is Dale Earnhardt Jr. I say that because of the wreck towards the end of the race. He claimed he didn't try to wreck anyone. But I think differently because he's going to be just like his father. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan. He will be missed greatly. I'm happy with the fact there was quite a few lap leaders too. Harvick amazed me throughout the whole race because he started in 38th I believe. He just kept going back and forth. From the back to the front, then to the back, and then amazingly at the end wound up 2nd! It's sad that the race had to end due to the rain. Kenseth made it really emotional when they announced him the winner. It's always amazing seeing guys cry for a good reason. If I would rate the race out of 1-10, I would give it a 9. Very good race all in all.

I just finished watching the Daytona 500 on Sunday. I thought it was a pretty good race. A few wrecks here and there. I think the new whiner/baby of Nascar is Dale Earnhardt Jr. I say that because of the wreck towards the end of the race. He claimed he didn't try to wreck anyone. But I think differently because he's going to be just like his father. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan. He will be missed greatly. I'm happy with the fact there was quite a few lap leaders too. Harvick amazed me throughout the whole race because he started in 38th I believe. He just kept going back and forth. From the back to the front, then to the back, and then amazingly at the end wound up 2nd! It's sad that the race had to end due to the rain. Kenseth made it really emotional when they announced him the winner. It's always amazing seeing guys cry for a good reason. If I would rate the race out of 1-10, I would give it a 9. Very good race all in all.

I don't think Jr meant to really cause that wreck cause I mean go back and look at it. He almost took himself out also. Jr is smart enough to know that. Yes most of its Jr's fault but I gotta place a little on Vickers. Jr had a fast car and IMO could have gotten that lap back right then and there leaving Vickers open for the Lucky Dog. But he had to block real hard causing Jr to go under the Yellow line. Jr tries to come up but does it to fast and causes a wreck. Maybe Jr could have waited longer or Vickers could not have blocked as hard. But could have caused the wreck not to happen.

The Nationwide series was today, but I didn't watch because I wasn't home and didn't think about recording it on the dvr. I now wish I did because Harvick won the race today. Congratulations to him! He usually does really well in the Nationwide Series, sometimes almost better than the Sprint Cup. Granted he's not doing too bad in the Sprint Cup either. I don't mind if he doesn't get first in everything, I just want him to at least stay in the top 12 for points in order to be in the official chase for the cup.

Well the Cup race is on right now. I'm hoping for a fight lol...It usely happens here maybe it will this time.

But anyway I think Kyle is gonna win it but I'm hoping Dale Jr wins but it won't happen.

I'm a huge Clint Bowyer fan. He's been consistent and I think that this is his year. He's been in the chase, I have this gut feeling that is finally going to do it this year. I dont think that anything is going to slow him down. Mark my word that he is the future of NASCAR and it starts this season.

Once again, I missed the race yesterday, but that's ok. I keep up on the updates through Nascar.com. I would like to congratulate Jeff Gordon on his win. I believe this is his first win of the season. He hasn't won a race in a while. So it's nice to see someone else win. Granted he's one of the regular racers that wins a lot. But none the less he deserves at least one win.

On another note, Harvick didn't do so well yesterday. He went down by 4 points, so now he's at 14th in points. Hopefully next week he will have better luck.

Well I love this weekends Cup Race. Mark Martin won which I'm sure was a very popular win among alot of fans. He is 50 years old but yet he can still run with them boys. If this is his last year maybe he can race the Daytona 500 every year until he wins it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back