CM Punk and WrestleMania 26

healyz84

Pre-Show Stalwart
With the issue of who Chris Jericho will wrestle at WM, and of course it should be a big, main event because quite frankly Chris Jericho, at this moment, is the best at what he does, another question comes to mind. What will the wwe do with CM Punk for wrestlemania 26? For the past, I believe, 3 years, CM Punk has been involved with money in the bank. He won the past 2, and successfully cashed them in for the world title. This year poses more of a dilemma. The first time CM Punk won mitb, he was still a mid-carder, was a way to get the title from SD! to Raw because the other champion was HHH, and he was a transitional champion from Edge to Jericho/Batista/Cena (insert any main eventer here that won the title in the past year). CM Punk was booked as a weak champion, where he defended his title twice against Batista though never technically "beat him", defended successfully against JBL, then lost his title without actually ever competing in the championship scramble match. After this CM Punk was lost in the shuffle, had his run with Kofi, and held the IC title for a little while. Then came the 2nd, and more successful mitb victory for Punk. He of course used his opportunity to beat Hardy and take one of the better heel turns in recent history. While his title reign(s) were short lived, they did achieve the goal of making CM Punk a credible threat and main eventer.

At the current moment, CM Punk is feuding with a referee. But I think there will be more to this. Punk and Armstrong won't last past Survivor Series, but the underlying issue remains of Punk being a "puppet master" on SD! He has Teddy Long still pandering to him, and Vince McMahon seems to be a supporter of Punk. The question is what does this all lead to? Will Punk have a big match at Mania? Is CM Punk just going to be thrown into mitb again, with the story going that he won the last 2, he is a shoe in to win again, cash in, and take another title? I hope not because I would love to see Punk in a high profile match. What does everyone else see Punk fitting in at WrestleMania?

Punk hasn't actually had a singles match at a wrestlemania before. So I'll be interested to see who WWE put him with. One things for sure I don't want him to be in MITB again.

Honestly, they dont need to put Punk in the MITB. He's been in for 3 years now. He's good at it, but he needs to do more than what he's doing now. It seems like they are just putting him aside. And if they do that too long, he's going to be thrown back into the mid-card. He's better than that. IMO, I would love to see CM Punk/Jerico vs. Edge/Christian. That would be a match worth getting WM for! But seeing as how thats probiably not going to happen, he should go against Masterio. I think that would be a good match. It would put Punk back into the upper card and show he can hang with the big dogs. (or at least the underdog.)

I think Punk is going to win RR and beat Randy Orton at WM for the title. It's heel vs heel so, IMO this match wouldn't be the last on the card, but with a good build this could be an epic heel vs heel WM match. It probably won't happen, but if it would, it would be amazing.
My other choice would be HBK, Punk wins RR and HBK wins the title at RR, the next day Punk challenges HBK for the title at Mania, we have a good HBK title reign and it all ends with an epic showdown at Mania with HBK putting Punk over. Now that would be awesome.

I have to believe that CM will be in the MiTB again this year with the story that he's won the last 2 and he will be looking to win again and cash it in that night at Mania.

However the way I think it should play out would be Punk and Morrison as the last 2 left both climp up the ladder and battle it out...in the end Morrison wins the MiTB and gets the rub from beating the guy that had won the last 2 MiTBs and former World Champion in the process.

I agree, I don't care to see Punk in MITB again, it's just overkill at this point. CM Punk is being lost in the shuffle and as I read over this I was wondering who he could wrestle in a singles match (that is, if the WWE actually offers singles matches anymore lol). Rey Rey comes to mind as well as maybe John Morrison (which would be a classic Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat if creative allows the men to let it all hang out). I also think he could do a match with Kofi (because let's be honest, Kofi is NOT going to go over on Orton, just ain't gonna happen right now, his program with Randy is just a tester). So there's two poltential championship matches right there (if Kingston gets the U.S. title back that is). He has opponents, just a matter of who or what the WWE creative force wants to place him with or in.

I think that his role would be winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Royal Rumble, and at RR the last cotestant would be Jeff Hardy and he would win. Then comes an epic match between the two and a huge build up with Punk using Hardy's drug case angaints him.

Or Punk winning MITB and cashing it in Wrestlemania on the same night angaints Cena or even the Undertaker to destroy his streak; if Undertaker still is champion. He would be the most hated WWE superstar in the WWE.

I do NOT want CM Punk in MITB again because he deserves a singles match at WrestleMania this time than being thrown in MITB again.

I've read several times on this site that CM Punk's dream opponent for WrestleMania is Rey Mysterio. CM Punk has said he WANTS to face Mysterio at WrestleMania, so I hope WWE gives him that match at Mania.

IMO, Mysterio vs Punk would be an amazing match for WrestleMania.

then we can see someone new win MITB this year at WrestleMania.

I would do...

Morrison/Ziggler/Kofi/Benjamin/Christian/Bourne/Hardy/Swagger for MITB at Mania XXVI.

that would be an amazing match as well IMO.

Based on what we have now I'd guess we get ANOTHER Batista/Undertaker match but this time with Batista as an out and out heel because his feud with Rey will take him through to the Rumble, Elimination Chamber will be a multi-man match, so they could conceivably hold off on putting the two together until then. I'm personally not happy about that but that's besides the point. The point I'm making is that Punk will almost certainly not be involved with Undertaker.

Rey Mysterio will likely be available. Morrison may have lost the IC title by then and so those two could enter into a personal feud... but Morrison is my current pick to win MITB. Matt Hardy? Meh. Kane? Meh.

Edge as a face is an option but he apparently isn't looking ready by Wrestlemania. Jeff Hardy being found innocent and then deciding he wants back in is even less likely.

The one man I haven't mentioned is of course Chris Jericho. He's everyone's favourite to face Undertaker one on one, and I'd love that match, but they're probably going to do that at Armageddon and the Rumble and tie it up in the Chamber whilst Batista is busy with Rey and then give Dave the wrestlemania match.

So what of Jericho, and more importantly to this topic, Punk? Well... could they conceivably work a heel vs heel feud? Could Jericho be turned face without reverting back to his boring captain-face persona? Could Punk turn face again without losing his identity? I think the answer to both questions is no, they're both better as heels and in Punk's case we've waited so long for the turn it'd be a shame to reverse it inside a year.

So to sum aaaaall of that up.... I don't know. Probably Rey Mysterio.

Orrrr Bryan Danielson at a long shot.

Well is seems that everyone is going to have some kind of a feud up until Mania.Except Morrison.I would love to see a revamped Morrison,Punk feud.I know we have seen a few matches on Smackdown in the past few months but i would love to see a full out feud.

no but how sick would a kofi punk match for the whc?

That is years down the road though. Punk will most likely win the RR, and hopefully he challenges HHH (who will most likely win @ Survivor Series) at Mania. It'd be WWE's steroid-attitude era chosen one vs. the straightedge future of WWE.

Kofi needs time to gain momentum. He should come close in the RR, come close in MITB & start a program with Booker T, who should pass the torch to him, HBK, Kane, etc.

Again I would like to state that I would 100% rather see CM Punk in a high-profiled singles match at mania rather than mitb. With that said, I don't see him winning the RR or fighting for a world title. For that to happen, I think Punk would need to start looking very dominant at this point, which he is not. He had such a good build in the middle of the year, but his momentum has been cut somewhat. Unless something big happens at Survivor Series for him, which can carry on to the RR and then Mania, I just don't see it. I would also love to see Punk in a match with someone like HBK, or HHH, or Cena, but I also think that won't happen. I just don't think Punk is at that level yet where he can walk onto the biggest stage, wrestle one of the biggest stars, and realistically believe he can win. Mania is one of those ppv's where you don't see the cheap dq's or count-outs often, and unless its a swerve of some kind, the match is generally a clean victory (well, as clean as you can get anyway). I don't think at this point I can see Punk cleanly beating HBK or HHH on the grandest stage. So, with that said, I think Punk would be better wrestling somewhat who is like him, main event (or really close) but not the elite level, someone like Mysterio or Morrison. Either one of those guys with Punk can put on one heck of a show, that will be (sorry HBK) the show stopper!

I see punk facing Christian,in a interpromtional match.The way i see it right now they have no options for mania,and this match would kick so much arse.

I see punk facing Christian,in a interpromtional match.The way i see it right now they have no options for mania,and this match would kick so much arse.

You see CM Punk facing Christian at Wrestlemania 26? In an "interpromotional" match? At WRESTLEMANIA? That's just stupid and a waste of a match at the grandest stage of them all. Those "interpromotional" matches are usually left for the other big pay-per-views like Survivor Series.

Stupid indeed.

Can anyone elsee see a CM Punk vs Shawn Michaels match happening at WM26? I dont think its highly likely, but im sure they would both steal the show with that one.

Punk/HBK is a match I've been predicting for a while now when it comes to WrestleMania, same as the potential for Swagger/HBK...but now, I'm not so sure.

Really, Punk's position depends on the other matches they want to do, as he doesn't matter as much as the main events. I highly doubt he'll be given a title shot, so I wouldn't count him in there.

WWE Championship: They can't do HHH/Orton, Cena/Orton, Cena/HHH, Cena/HBK...the buy rate wouldn't be good if they just stamped out that same old crap. HBK/Orton, I don't think that's good enough either. Cena can't be challenged by some up and comer like Swagger or Miz because that won't sell well. I still think we're going to see some sort of reasoning for Batista to face Cena...hopefully not from the Royal Rumble being won by either man.

WH Championship: Undertaker has it right now, and you know if he still has it at Mania, he won't lose it there. Tough thing to call. So many people are predicting Jericho/Taker, but we're already seeing it on Smackdown this week and they're both a part of the triple threat at Survivor Series, so that shoots down that idea. Plus, Jericho has to lose the tag titles before he wins the WHC, and nobody is being lined up to take those belts unless they go with DX, right? So this is really, really tough. Taker/Batista will be a fucking pain in the ass and a waste of time and I REALLY hope they don't go that way. Edge will only be there if he can face Jericho most likely, and we have no way of knowing if Edge will be back in time to do such. Then, who else is there to face Taker? I think there's a possibility that they could do Jericho/Morrison, but it's not very likely considering how they don't like pulling the trigger on pushing young people a whole lot, AND you have to figure out a way to have Jericho lose the tag titles and win the WHC in the next 2 months...

So anyway, back on track. I can't see Punk being in either of the world title matches. I also think we'll get an HBK match and an Undertaker match, as well as Orton/DiBiase, so that really stacks the card up to 5 matches + divas + MITB. There's your 7 matches out of the 9. That means Punk either has the HBK match, he's in MITB, or he's one of the 2 shorter matches of the night...in which case, I have NO idea what his role could be.

I could see him either being in the Money in the Bank unfortunately, or being in the Smackdown vs. Raw match they have.

He could face Kofi Kingston since there was some history between, and that is a good match between two up comers. With WWE pushing Kingston, this could be more than a mid card match-up, but one of the last Wrestlemania's these two fight without a world title around there waists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back