Coming Soon: The Battle Zone Tournament!

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of year again. It's time to dust off your keyboards, crack open your comics, and get ready to debate which super is superior!

JGlass and I have been running the Battle Zone Tournament for two years straight now, and twice in a row we've won Tournament of the Year. It'll be hard to top that, so we racked our brains and got to thinking of a way to inject new life into the BZT.

What we came up with: Tag Teams. That's right, this year, the BZT will contain nothing but two-on-two matches. Watch as heroes and villains are forced to work together to take down another equally-powerful team! This adds a whole new and hopefully exciting dynamic to the BZT format, one we're both really excited for.

The tournament starts October 22nd. Until then, we will be revealing more information slowly to whet your appetites, including the identities of the 128 competitors that will step into the ring this year.

To get everyone excited, we can confirm five names that will be competing:

Luke Cage
Luke_Cage_Marvel_XP.png

Scarecrow
Scarecrow-batman-arkham-asylum-game-character-artwork.jpg

Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride)
The_bride_%28kill_bill%29.JPG

Light Yagami
714757-yagami_light_by_yleighne.jpg

Hulk Hogan
72dpiHulkHoganFlagLG.jpg

Get ready, and get excited!

I'm starting 24 now. I'll be ready should Jack Bauer come up.

Back me with Buffy. I still can't believe she lost to the fucking Joker last time. As JGlass would point out, this forum is filled with SEXIST PIGS.

A Jack Bauer/Buffy team would be an exciting one, now wouldn't it? Hopefully they both make it onto the roster.

I guess you'll just have to wait until we post the roster later this week.

Random teams? Selecting during an LD? Eh?

Indeed. Right now we're penciling in October 15th as draw day for the teams. In the mean time, here's three more names for all you happy people.

Hit-Girl

494596-hg.jpg

He-Man

he-man.jpg

Bruce Lee

Bruce-Lee-500x306.jpg

Expect 10 more tomorrow.

Here are the 10 names as promised. Who's excited for some comic book characters?

Wolverine

wolverine.jpg

Batman

NealAdamsBatman.jpg

Spider-Man

20120724053002!Spider-man-quotes.jpg

The Flash

2026520-flash.jpg

Bishop

avengers-alliance-bishop-character.jpg

Iron Man

Ovlo.jpg

Captain America

captainamerica-nextgen.jpg

Hawkeye

1870970-hawkeye.jpg

The Punisher

The_Punisher2_by_Buchemi.jpg

Nick Fury

Secret_Invasion_Vol_1_4_Leinil_Yu_Variant_Textless.jpg

I'm looking at the list, and your friend's name isn't on it. Actually, your name isn't on it either.

Oh, hello Mr. Stark, welcome to the BattleZone. Your table is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back