Confirmed: TNA Releases Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan is one of those wrestling "could've beens"- he has the look, the ability, the size and pretty good promo skills. He should have been a major star, and for whatever reason, neither WWE or TNA have seen money in him. Maybe there is something we don't know...does he have a terrible backstage attitude or something? Who knows.

He probably has 1 more shot at the big time, if WWE signed him now but would they even be interested? I would like to see Morgan get a real shot at the main event, as it always seemed TNA would go with him but then they always cancelled the push or focused their attention elsewhere, which surprised me.

I don't think he is much of a loss to the company though, as he was barely on TV. All I know is that I would have liked to have seen him as one of the guys facing Aces & Eights...the DNA of TNA taking down the gang trying to take over the company- would have been pretty cool to see.

Yeah, I knew this was coming for awhile. The last time I talked to him about it before it happened was before the TNA show in Chicago, where he told me they randomly took him off the show and wouldn't be there. That was when I first heard he was asking for his release, but Dixie wouldn't give it to him. There were plans, at one time or another, to run him up against Sting going into BFG. You know, get revenge for that match he lost on Impact. I guess they scrapped that in favor of the Main Event Mafia return, and I don't blame them.

Morgan is a good talent. Huge guy, not terrible ring work (better than most his size), decent promo skills. The Blueprint gimmick was money. I'm not saying he should have been world champ six times, but TNA left some serious potential on the table with Morgan. The WWE rumors are definitely founded in at least some truth. He's interested, somebody inside is interested; we'll see if they cut a deal. He lives in Orlando, so it's not too terrible far from NXT and developmental.

I do think that he had potential. He may not be your AJ Styles', Samoa Joe's, Christopher Daniels', etc. But for a big guy, I liked him. He had a good look (that beard was doing nothing for him though), his in-ring performance was decent, and his mic skill was amazing.

How drunk where you when you wrote this? His mic skills were amazing? His mic skills were about as high up their as Kane's when he was speaking with the voice machine. OR equal to warlord and barbarians back in the day.

He has some talent and isn't a complete waste but I've never seen the appeal in him. Like others have said, he's always seemed to be missing something. HIs whole 'blueprint' persona was ridiculous and when he started using the big boot as a finisher(carbon footprint? really? it didn't even match the gimmick, except that it was a match of blue print with foot print, maybe he could have used an alternate move of a thumb/poke to the eye and call it the thumb print) Carbon footprint would have matched if he was a hippie, or the modern equivalent hipster. I liked the short term finisher he used the Hellavator was much better but he wasn't strong enough to pull it off on everyone. It was something different then other big guys who all seem to get powerbombs or chokeslams. I think a good move for him would be the torture rack or military press slam.

How drunk where you when you wrote this? His mic skills were amazing? His mic skills were about as high up their as Kane's when he was speaking with the voice machine. OR equal to warlord and barbarians back in the day.

He has some talent and isn't a complete waste but I've never seen the appeal in him. Like others have said, he's always seemed to be missing something. HIs whole 'blueprint' persona was ridiculous and when he started using the big boot as a finisher(carbon footprint? really? it didn't even match the gimmick, except that it was a match of blue print with foot print, maybe he could have used an alternate move of a thumb/poke to the eye and call it the thumb print) Carbon footprint would have matched if he was a hippie, or the modern equivalent hipster. I liked the short term finisher he used the Hellavator was much better but he wasn't strong enough to pull it off on everyone. It was something different then other big guys who all seem to get powerbombs or chokeslams. I think a good move for him would be the torture rack or military press slam.

First of all, I don't drink. Second of all, when has Kane ever had a good promo. Morgan may not be the best on the mic, but at times, they were pretty good. Watch the promo with him and Hogan in the ring, when his no.1 contendership match was announced with Sting, he kept that promo going, and it didn't bore me, even though he spoke for quite a while. Also, why should you dislike him for his finisher? We have seen what he is capable of, and it could have been changed.

Kane has had many good promo's over the years, from his goofy teams with people like Xpac to his Brothers of Destruction promos with Taker or agaisnt Taker at various times. He's been far more entertaining on the mic then Morgan ever was. Kan'es had more intersting and compelling promos over almost any 6 month section of his career then morgan's had in his ENTIRE career. Hell, Glen Jacobs had better promos as Isaac Yankem DDS than Morgan's had.

You stated in your post that Morgan had amazing mic skills. You can't claim that based on one decent promo against hogan. As much as I dislike Hogan, he knows how to work the crowd and a fence post could have a decent promo with hogan. It's the only talent Hogan or Flair have ever had, making a crowd react with either support or hatred despite their bland ring work. But look over the entire body of his work and he was bland and boring.

I dont and didn't dislike him because of his finisher, but because the finisher didn't fit the gimmick or character they were trying to mold him into. It came across as weak or awkward compared to the rest of his in ring psychology and character. As I mentioned, I feel the only reason for the big boot being called the 'carbon footprint' was to be paired with his nickname of 'Blueprint'. I could almost forgive him using something so lame if it had been named more appropriately for his character.

As for you not drinking, thats good for you. But you missed the point of the statement. It was a declaration of my shock that you came out with something so insane as to say morgan had amazing mic skills.

Find it mind boggling that Morgan never got a World Title reign. He was promised he would be better used this time around but evidently as we all saw he wasn't. I think he will return to WWE and hopefully get a better push. And if he does, I hope he doesn't get stuck with another dumb gimmick like that forgettable stuttering gimmick he had in his previous run there. Who is going to clean up Hogan's messes with Morgan gone now.

Find it mind boggling that Morgan never got a World Title reign. He was promised he would be better used this time around but evidently as we all saw he wasn't. I think he will return to WWE and hopefully get a better push. And if he does, I hope he doesn't get stuck with another dumb gimmick like that forgettable stuttering gimmick he had in his previous run there. Who is going to clean up Hogan's messes with Morgan gone now.

his new buddy tj perkins aka manik(the one and only former suicide).
To give tna credit they did try some things with morgan but he could never catch on. his whole blueprint thing came when they teamed with nasa and send his dna into space. the only problem was the sample they send musht have contained all his charisma.

as for a return to wwe, let's look at most recent similar 'talent' to return.
since they took a big bald tattoed freak and turned him into a japanese warrior, maybe they can take morgan and have him come in as a somali pirate? or even better, it's revealed he's kamala's son.

in case you don't understand, i was being sarcastic.

I enjoy Morgan mainly because I think he is an awesome guy outside of the ring. I have met him like 5 times and he seems to be an amazing person, so I am not going to try to criticize him too much.

Probably the best he did in TNA in my honest opinion was the character where he referred to himself as plural "We" I think that is when he had the most charisma and was the most interesting.

I don't really want to see him in WWE because he won't really get to far. He will probably end up like a Mason Ryan and barely even be used on NXT.

Morgan did have some charisma. He had the looks, he didn't stutter and could come over as being proper mad at someone when he needed to. His feud with Hernandez was brilliant and even the mean streak he had with that nitwit Joey Ryan fit him well and he backed it up and brought it properly.

I do think he would fit in if he went with WWE. They lack a good, really athletic, charismatic big guy, really. Big Show is ok, but he doesn't really has mad skills on the phone and i think his in ring abilities aren't as good as Morgan's. The blueprint may be a little smaller but he is more of a complete package to work with compared to Big Show and Khali.

Morgan did have some charisma. He had the looks, he didn't stutter and could come over as being proper mad at someone when he needed to. His feud with Hernandez was brilliant and even the mean streak he had with that nitwit Joey Ryan fit him well and he backed it up and brought it properly.

I do think he would fit in if he went with WWE. They lack a good, really athletic, charismatic big guy, really. Big Show is ok, but he doesn't really has mad skills on the phone and i think his in ring abilities aren't as good as Morgan's. The blueprint may be a little smaller but he is more of a complete package to work with compared to Big Show and Khali.

To me he would also fill the hole for tall, dark, and muscular. It's something WWE has been missing every week since Batista left. I know many people didn't like Batista, but I really miss the muscular men on the show. The Batistas, the Triple H's, The Rocks. I know I am sounding like Vince (lol), but I really think WWE does need someone like Triple, just younger like he was in the 2000's.

They spread it out a little more with the muscular guys, which i like. Gives guys like CM Punk more credibility when they win a title or win at all. And don't forget, they still have guys like Lesnar, Cena and Ryback. I think Morgan could be more of an alrounder though, not just another big guy.

They spread it out a little more with the muscular guys, which i like. Gives guys like CM Punk more credibility when they win a title or win at all. And don't forget, they still have guys like Lesnar, Cena and Ryback. I think Morgan could be more of an alrounder though, not just another big guy.

Ya, I understand that. Without centering it around the muscular guys it gives small technical wrestlers (like Daniel Bryan :D) to shine. I just feel since Batista left we haven't really seen someone like Batista and I still feel there is a hole in the company. Sure you have Lesner who appears every now and then, and Ryback who is the "power" guy, but could barely lift Daniel Bryan. (Since he couldn't lift him just dropped him on his head) I just think WWE is missing the true muscular guy which has a body like Morgan does.

I see that Matt Morgan has been advertised for FWE event in October to face John Hennigan (John Morrison).

I hope at some point in the near future he comes back to TNA.

I see that Matt Morgan has been advertised for FWE event in October to face John Hennigan (John Morrison).

I hope at some point in the near future he comes back to TNA.

I'll take JoMo over Morgan any day. He actually has star quality and is yet to flop in a Main Event situation. Morgan's blew every shot TNA gave him. If you're meant to be a mid-carder you'll always be a mid-carder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back