• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could you take a wrestler seriously if they used to be a comedy jobber?

Learn what a jobber is, and you can say whatever you want about Bryan and Kane. A jobber is someone who loses every match. If you can explain how Bryan and Kane were jobbers during their 8-month title reign, then I'll retract my comments. Until then, you're still a moron.

Ya see little fella the thing is that kane and bryan were doing their stupid little skits for sooooo long that I couldn't bare to watch them. I assumed they never wrestled and if they did then they lost. I am a big boy not a lil boy and unfortunately I don't find that stuff funny, I also don't clap while screaming "yes" like you little buddy. Now like I said earlier I am sorry. SORRY daniel bryan is super duper cool, just not my cup of tea. Enjoy your wristbands and get to bed...kinda late for you huh.

Santino or any current "comedy jobber", maybe not.

But, I think bringing in a new legit wrestler and introducing him/packaging him as a comedy jobber for a while, only to have him snap or unleash him in some other way as a fierce wrecking ball of a monster would be a great angle.

This could be a perfect thing for Adam Rose...
He was Leo Kruger back then at NXT.In my opinion it will be perfect if they will right off Rose off TV for awhile after getting injured by someone {allowing him to grow his hair into the Kruger look} then air promos of Rose getting down and then in about Survivor Series they will say that he will return.Then his music hits but gets cut by a new theme for Leo Kruger {most of the NXT themes suck} and have him return and get a winning streak which will be ended in either the Road To WrestleMania or WrestleMania itself.

Of course not, once a comedy jobber always a useless jobber...remember kane and daniel bryans stupid comedy jobber crap? Now look at bryan, who in the hell would take this guy seriously? Only nerds who use him as an example of "hey look this little dork made it as a champ, maybe I can someday marry a woman" but sadly the truth is you probably won't. Comedy jobbers are for life.

How about, instead of trolling, you actually add something to the conversation?

Now, to the matter at a hand, I think it totally depends on the guy you are trying to repackage and for how long they have been jobbers and what they did prior to that. Drew McIntyre had a decent gimmick that could actually work its way to the top, then became a jobber. I believe that, if he stands up and turns his back on 3MB, destroying them in the process and says that he wasted his time with them and that he is the chosen one, then it can work.

Santino is just a comedy act. Ever since I saw him, he was the comedy guy, nothing serious about him. No matter what, I will awlays see him that way. It's not really anything to do with Santino himself, I believe he is a great worker and he is good on the mic. I just can't buy into him, because from the first time I saw him, he was this comedy guy who is here to make people jiggle.

Big Show is being used as a comedy guy at times. Not exactly a jobber, but still a comedy guy. Same for Mark Henry and the Great Khali. The thing that they have done serious things in the past, and actually have been involved in great angles, makes all of them a threat, if built the right way. Khali is a guy who can't speak or walk, but if built right, I would buy into him any day.

The list can go on. As I said, it mostly depends on the talent of the guy and what he was before he was a jobber. JTG was always some random guy in a tag team that never did anything special, so I can't buy into him. Justin Gabriel was one of the reasons why Nexus was so successful at their early stages, and if repackaged correctly, he could go on to do great things.

It depends on how long the wrestler has a better gimmick where they can be taken seriously as a threat, and how much success they see with the more serious gimmick. Kane used to be a dentist, but he has been Kane for more than a decade while Isaac Yankem did not last long as a gimmick. Then you have the other side of the coin, Santino Marella would be a good example of this. If they gave him a more serious gimmick.... It would take a miracle for fans to take him seriously because he has been booked to be a joke for 7 years. It's no secret around here that I am a huge mark for Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre, but even I can see that 3MB will make it tough for anyone to take them seriously in future gimmicks. Then you have guys like Dolph Ziggler who have seen some success, but stupid gimmicks such as The Spirit Squad will follow them forever making it harder sometimes to take them seriously. So it comes down to how long they have the serious gimmick, whether the comedy gimmick was short-lived or not, and how much success they are able to reach after they stop being a comedy jobber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back